CAG Gamesharing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Next Game Purchase

+3
Wilme
heimdal
snuter
7 posters

Page 11 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

Next Game Purchase - Page 11 Empty Re: Next Game Purchase

Post  awworld Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:26 pm

I went and was able to pick up one $50 GC and got the certificate. I believed that the GC are also limited so don't wait until Dec 24.

edit: come to think of it, I'm going to get a second $50GC so that I can buy 2x move navigation controllers. I got pair of move controllers now if I get the nav's then I can play RE5 Gold.

awworld

Back to top Go down

Post  Wilme Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:38 pm

I also went and was able to pick up one $50 GC and got the certificate. This is an awesome deal for us!!

Wilme

Back to top Go down

Post  snuter Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:45 pm

Great, I picked up 2 gift cards (one for this group and one to buy myself some Move controllers) so I am ready to go. I guess once we hear back from Bryce and hayamirei (and they buy their cards), we'll be ready to go. Since the gift cards/certificates only work after boxing day, I guess we'll have to hold off any purchases till then. (Please note: the cards sold out last year before xmas, so buy them ahead of time.)

As stated before, my top few picks are:
1. Dead nation
2. PacMan CE DX
3. Little Big Planet Prehistoric moves (a $6 game that is made for the Move controllers.)

snuter

Back to top Go down

Post  awworld Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:00 pm

snuter, are you going to buy the move bundle or just two controllers? Any nav controllers? I already have two move controllers and I'm going to get two nav controllers on boxing day with one of the certificate. I enjoyed playing the "gladiator" game in sports champion with two move controllers; one as the shield and one as the sword. It's quite a workout. I find them more responsive than the wii. I have both.

The Little Big Planet Prehistoric moves sounds interesting to me.

awworld

Back to top Go down

Post  snuter Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:00 pm

I already bought 2 move bundles at launch from Future Shop because they had a "trade 3 get it free" deal. I traded in one of the Sports Champs and one PS Eye camera back to EB (which is where I cheaply bought the 6 used games required for the trade). Ended up costing about $60 of EB credit for 2 move controllers, Sports Champs and 1 extra camera.

I still need a couple of Nav controllers and will probably pick up a PS3 game to get the total to $100 for the certificate on boxing week. I hoping to pick-up the Uncharted 2 GOTY on sale with the Navs. Smile

snuter

Back to top Go down

Post  awworld Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:00 am

snuter, our situations are quite similar. I also got two move bundle at Futureshop trade 3. I previously had a PS3 camera so I sold both cameras on craigslist for $28 & $25 and traded the second Sport Champion in to EB for credit. I now wanted to get two nav conroller + ($50 PSN or another move controller (for my brother)). I decide when the time comes. I have such a large backlog of games. The good thing about it is that it allows me to wait for the price to drop on games like Vanquish, Castlevania and Blackops. My average purchase price is $10-$20 cash per game. I will pay about $20 if its for a CE but not more than $30. I'm currently playing almost finish Infamous and I just started playing Deathspank with the wife and its quite fun.

awworld

Back to top Go down

Post  snuter Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:18 pm

Anyone want to get Uno? It is on sale this week from $6.99 to 0.99. We have till Monday to buy it.

snuter

Back to top Go down

Post  Wilme Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:46 am

I'd be interested in Uno for $0.99!

Wilme

Back to top Go down

Post  snuter Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:19 pm

So, just to recap (cause the 24th is the last day to buy a gift card and get the $50 certificate), it looks like snuter, hayamirei, awworld and wilme are all good and have their $50 certs/gift cards. We are just waiting for Bryce to confirm that he has got his and we'll be good to go.

I will be away visiting my grandparents for the next couple of weeks in Toronto but I should still be able to pick up the GC there. Once you buy the cards, please do not add the funds immediately to the PSN wallet just yet. Also, perhaps a list of games that you want is in order. Happy holidays.

snuter

Back to top Go down

Post  snuter Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:39 pm

Well, I just heard back from Bryce and it looks like he's out from the group. (Again, not a big deal considering that we had like a couple of bucks left in the account that we can still use.)

It is a good thing that I got an extra certificate to use so we can still get a new 5th member for the group. I'll have to wait till I get back home to Calgary to start looking for a new fifth.

So, anyway just to make it clear:
do NOT put the PSN card on the current PSN wallet. we will have to make a new group.

snuter

Back to top Go down

Post  Wilme Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:13 pm

I'm having a hard time finding PSN cards here. They seems to never have any stock. I'll continue to try and find one before the coupon expires.

Wilme

Back to top Go down

Post  snuter Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:47 pm

I think it is going to be tough to find the cards now. I went in yesterday to a sony store and it looks like they are sold out across Canada (both the $20 and $50 PSN cards.)

At first, the guy I talked to said it would be no problem just to special order some in, but his manager said the system wouldn't allow it. (They tried for about 10 minutes but didn't have any luck.)

So, since the certificates expires on January 9th, we can keep trying till then but he said that the PSN cards aren't normally restocked too often. I guess the worst case scenario is that we lose the certificates (expire) and just used our $50 gift cards towards PSN cards whenever they are restocked. I'll try again before the coupon expires.

Did anyone have any luck grabbing a couple of cards?

snuter

Back to top Go down

Post  Wilme Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:02 pm

I couldn't find any PSN cards, so I guess I can put money in at anytime now. Just need to wait for a new 5th member. There's so many games to get like Dead Nation, Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX.

Wilme

Back to top Go down

Post  Wilme Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:05 am

Seems like Mass Effect 2 is gamesharable from here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=284169&page=3

Anybody interested in getting this?

Wilme

Back to top Go down

Post  snuter Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:31 pm

Well, perhaps we should get this group back on track.

I'm assuming that nobody had any luck using the $50 Sony style gift cards towards PSN cards (cause I sure didn't). I've been checking in at The Sony stores and it looks like the PSN cards are still sold out across the country. So, I guess we have 2 options:

1. We wait till the get more in stock (which could take quite a while) and then use the $50 towards PSN cards.
2. Or, we each use the Sony gift cards towards something else personally and then buy new PSN cards from somewhere else. I still would suggest buying $50 PSN cards so we don't have to make new groups so often.

Even if we each put in $50 toward the group's $250, it is still a really great deal. I'd be fine either way. Infact, I think I'd prefer the second option (and then I'll use the gift card toward some camera accessories or Move controllers).

Anyway, here are some games I'd be interested in:

1. Scott Pilgram vs The world
2. Dead Nation
3. Pac Man CE DX
4. Hoard (i've heard good things about this game from IGN)
5. echocrome ii

I no longer want Sackboy prehistoric moves because it comes free with LBP2. Also, I'd be fine getting Mass Effect 2 but just not right away. (It is an EA game, I'm sure it'll be $30 by the summer) I've already got the game on X360 including all of the DLC, but I'd still love to play it again before ME3 comes out in the fall. Also, it looks like the trophies are pretty easy.

snuter

Back to top Go down

Post  Wilme Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:40 pm

I've already spent my $50 GC on something else, as I don't think the PSN cards will be in stock for quite a while.

I'm good with the game snuter posted as well. I've been wanting Scott Pilgram for quite some time now.

Wilme

Back to top Go down

Post  snuter Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:52 pm

Great,
I know hayamirei and the new 5th member are fine it as well. Once we hear back from awworld, we should be god to go. $50 psn cards can be added to the new account once I make it. (or you can still send the money via paypal + the extra needed to cover the fees).

snuter

Back to top Go down

Post  Wilme Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:42 am

Seems like there's a lot of games on sale this week.

* Costume Quest – $7.49 sale price; $14.99 regular price
* Deathspank Thongs of Virtue – $7.49 sale price; $14.99 regular price
* Hoard – $7.49 sale price; $14.99 regular price
* Soldner-X2: Final Prototype – $6.49 sale price; $12.99 regular price
* MotorStorm 3D Rift – $4.99 sale price; $9.99 regular price
* Peggle – $4.99 sale price; $9.99 regular price
* Space Invaders Infinity Gene – $4.99 sale price; $9.99 regular price
* Swords and Soliders – $4.99 sale price; $9.99 regular price
* Tumble – $4.99 sale price; $9.99 regular price
* Comet Crash – $4.99 sale price; $9.99 regular price
* Shatter – $3.99 sale price; $7.99 regular price

One of the games snuter wants is Hoard and it's 50% off this week, so we should try to pick that up. I wouldn't mind getting Tumble as that's for the Move.

Wilme

Back to top Go down

Post  awworld Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:39 pm

ok I'm got snuter email and I'm checking in. I would also like to get Tumble and Hoard. Space invader and Swords & Soldiers looks interesting but I will go with what the group decides. Sorry but my mind is slow today due to staying late the last few nights for work. So are we all putting in $50 each and if yes which account put money to or do I paypal someone. Sorry for my dumb question.

awworld

Back to top Go down

Post  snuter Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:11 pm

Hey, so sorry if I wasn't clear. We will defiantly have to start a new group (cause Bryce is out). I will make up a new user and email everyone the details. Then, people can add their $50 PSN cards directly to that wallet. Or, if they want, they can paypal me $51.80 and I'll add the money to the PSN wallet directly. (The extra $1.80 is to cover the paypal fees).

Also, since there are a bunch of games on sale, I'd definitely be agreeable for the following:

1. Scott Pilgram - $10
2. Dead Nation - $15
3. Hoard (%50 off sale, 8.5 from IGN) $7.50
4. Tumble (%50 off sale, IGN didn't score it well, but Gametrailers said it was a good PS Move game) $5
5. Swords & Soldiers (%50 off sale, also an 8.5 from IGN) $5
6. Space invaders IG (%50 off sale, got an 8.0 from IGN) $5

The total for all of these games would be $49.81 including tax. (So, it would work out to about $10 each of the $50 we are each adding).

snuter

Back to top Go down

Post  Wilme Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:22 pm

That list sounds good to me! I guess I'll just paypal you the funds again.

Thanks Snuter!

Wilme

Back to top Go down

Post  awworld Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:06 pm

Sounds good to me too. I will wait for the new account and will either paypal you or buy a psn card with my Bestbuy credit. I was able to trade in a few games when Bestbuy was giving an extra $5 credit per game traded in that has a >$8 trade in value. It seems that they may be having that promo again soon according to some Redflagdeals.com posts.

awworld

Back to top Go down

Post  Wilme Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:09 am

Let me know when you create the new account so I can just paypal you the money. We'll need to get the games this weekend as the sale ends on Monday.

Wilme

Back to top Go down

Post  snuter Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:08 am

I'll do my best to get it up and running by the end of the day tonight.

snuter

Back to top Go down

Post  snuter Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:41 pm

Oh yeah, I totally forgot. I would also add PacMan CE DX to that list (which was mentioned before and I think people agreed on)

1. PacMan CE DX - $10
2. Scott Pilgram - $10
3. Dead Nation - $15
4. Hoard - $7.50
5. Tumble - $5
6. Swords & Soldiers - $5
7. Space invaders IG - $5

The total for all of these games would be $60.30 including tax.
That is not bad considering that just in the %50 sale we are saving $22.50 + tax pre-gameshare amount.

snuter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next