CAG Gamesharing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Next Game Purchase

+3
Wilme
heimdal
snuter
7 posters

Page 10 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

Next Game Purchase - Page 10 Empty Re: Next Game Purchase

Post  snuter Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:49 pm

Hey, sorry I haven't checked this in a while. I just got back from DC on Monday and I've been pretty busy with school deadlines this Friday.

There have been some pretty big games out lately,

Laura Croft Guardian of light
Castle Crashers
Scott Pilgram
Sonic 4
Shank

I am definitely interested in the first 2 ($15 each I believe). I could easily wait for the other 3 to drop on some random PSN sale. We will need to find a 5th member before we can get this moving again.

I'd suggest that we pick the games first before finding a member - that way we'll buy it as soon as the 5th person joins and do not have to wait for their approval. (The member will most likely have some of the same tastes as us anyway otherwise they wouldn't join.)

We will have a total of $75 once the 5th person adds their money to the account. (I've already bought PSN cards with the money that everyone has given). Please make a list of the top 5 items that you want to get. We'll buy at least the top 3 and still have some money left over.

snuter

Back to top Go down

Post  Wilme Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:00 pm

Here's my top 5 games that I'm interested in:

Laura Croft Guardian of light
Castle Crashers
Scott Pilgram
DeathSpank
Shank

I'm also interested in DeathSpank: Thongs of Virtue as well.

Wilme

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryce Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:32 am

Hey guys, sorry I've been busy with school lately and forgot about the group, and for some reason watching this topic always stops working.
I haven't really been following new games coming out but I'm ok with anything you guys want to purchase, and since I have a habit of forgetting about this group just go ahead and purchase anything you guys want.

Bryce

Back to top Go down

Post  Wilme Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:39 pm

I guess we're just waiting on awworld to reply and then we can get a new 5th member.

Wilme

Back to top Go down

Post  awworld Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:49 am

Sorry I did not know that you waiting on me.

I am happy with the game selection, especially deathspank.

Snuter, I have appreciated your leadership on this group and in the future if I don't respond in a timely manner please assume I am aligned with your game choices.

awworld

Back to top Go down

Post  Wilme Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:08 pm

I guess we have a general idea of what games to target next. I guess it's time for us to look for a new member?

Wilme

Back to top Go down

Post  snuter Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:43 pm

Okay, so I'll go post for a new 5th member, but before I do, perhaps we should finalize the 4 games we want. Costume quest is getting great reviews and I'd be down for that for sure. With the new 5th member adding $15 to match our contributions, we'll have a total of $75 to spend which will cover 4 $15 games and taxes.
My choices would be:
Castle Crashers
Lara Croft Guardian of Light
Death spank, throngs of virtue
Costume quest

All are $15, so we'll end up spending $62.96 including taxes.
Sound good? The only reason I would like the games to be prechoosen before we find the new 5th is so that we can kind of dictate the new games to them. Also, it gives them an idea of the type of games we buy as a group.

snuter

Back to top Go down

Post  Wilme Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:02 am

I'd be fine with those games. Should we get the first Death Spank before getting the 2nd one though?

Wilme

Back to top Go down

Post  snuter Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:29 am

From what I read, while the second game takes place after the first game but it can be played by itself just fine. The story is so non-sensical anyway. The second game was considered to be the better of the 2 games: longer, better environments, better quest variety and better ranged weapons. Both game were developed at the same time but the first game was only "act 1" and the second game is "act 2 & 3". If anything, the second game was critized for being too similar to the first.

Since we'll probably only be buying one of the 2 games, my vote would be for the second game. Also, I think that we'll have better luck finding a 5th person that hasn't bought the second game since it is newer. Either way, I'm fine with either game. Perhaps read both of IGNs reviews and decide. Like I said, I'm fine with either.

snuter

Back to top Go down

Post  Wilme Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:36 pm

Well, if we're only going to be getting one of the two, we might as well get the better one then. Since it's the 2nd one, then I'm good with that as well. Can't wait to play all these new games!

Wilme

Back to top Go down

Post  snuter Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:02 am

So, I just posted in the main board for a new 5th member. Once we get a new person (and they have paid up) we'll download the 4 new games. We should be up and running again soon.

snuter

Back to top Go down

Post  snuter Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:37 am

Well,
I've got a new 5th person so I went ahead and started a new gameshare group. I sent the details via a PM to everyone on this forum. The four games have been downloaded and are waiting. (Castle crashers, Lara Croft Guardian of light, Costume Quest and Deathspank TOV.)

All the four games were $14.99 each, so it came to $62.96 total out of the $75 total given by the group. We've got $12.04 left in the account which will be enough for a $9.99 game plus taxes, but we'll have to add $20 each if we want to get some more games. I think we'll hold off for a little bit till something good comes out. Check back occasionally if there is any new games that you are interested in. (I can't think of any right now...) Enjoy!

snuter

Back to top Go down

Post  awworld Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:56 am

thanks snuter, i have begun the downloading. who is our new 5th member?

awworld

Back to top Go down

Post  Wilme Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:12 am

thanks snuter! I'm also getting the games right now.

I also wouldn't mind getting shank and scott pilgram (kinda like the old school NES game River City Ransom!)

Wilme

Back to top Go down

Post  Wilme Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:27 pm

Have any of you seen Dead Nation? That game looks so sweet!
http://ps3.ign.com/objects/027/027284.html
It comes out on Nov. 30th

Wilme

Back to top Go down

Post  snuter Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:55 pm

I've heard good things about this game but I think it still has some big crashing bugs in it. (read from your ign article) I'd wait for a review closer to the release date. Granted, we'd have to wait for it anyway! Very Happy

snuter

Back to top Go down

Post  Wilme Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:34 am

Anybody interested in the original DeathSpank? It's on sale this week for $7.49. We already got the 2nd one and it's quite fun!

Wilme

Back to top Go down

Post  awworld Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:14 pm

Hi Wilme, I can go for that.

awworld

Back to top Go down

Post  snuter Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:00 pm

Well, considering that we've got $12.04 left in the wallet, I'd be fine with getting it.
Too bad we already bought Joe Danger (also half off) but I guess since we are gamesharing it, it wasn't such a bad deal Smile
I'll wait a bit to hear back from Bryce and Hayamirei , but I'd assume that we'll be getting it.

Also, Metal Gear Peace Walker for $20 is a steal! I paid $50 for the CE edition and it was perhaps one of my favorite MGS games. Get it if you don't already have it! (PSP games cannot be gameshared since only 1 PSP system can be activated per account so if you want it, you'd have to buy it yourself.)

snuter

Back to top Go down

Post  hayamirei Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:02 pm

death spank sounds good to me

hayamirei

Back to top Go down

Post  snuter Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:49 pm

Great, well then I'll buy Deathspank later tonight. Once that is purchased, we'll probably be running too low on funds to buy anything else, so perhaps it would be good to top it up with $20 a person. I can think of a few games that look really good:

1. Dead Nation is getting great reviews ($14.99). This game is made by the same people as Super Star Dust HD.
2. PacMan CE DX is acutally making GOTY list! ($9.99)

Pacman was released this week. Dead Nation is coming next week. I'd be up for getting both of those.

Again, it would be best if people buy a $20 PSN card and just add it directly to the wallet. Second best is to Paypal me the money (including the added fees) and then I'll add it directly to the PSN wallet.

snuter

Back to top Go down

Post  awworld Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:03 pm

hi everyone, i have heard of a deal at SonyStyle stores (in Canada not sure about US) where you can buy a $50 gift card and they will give you a "$50 off $100 or more" certificate. The fine prints says you must spend the certification between Dec26 to Jan 07 or 09 (I don't remember), on a purchase $100 or more and cannot be used to buy gift cards or computers. If we can use it on PSN cards then it would mean getting 2x $50 PSN card for $50. I think its a great deal and one that we should look into. What do you all think?

awworld

Back to top Go down

Post  snuter Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:59 pm

Hmmm, I didn't even think about using the Sony store promo for PSN cards (cause you can't use it for gift cards) but I'll have to ask them. Anyway, I bought Deathspank onthe account so enjoy.

snuter

Back to top Go down

Post  snuter Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:12 pm

Wow! I just got a chance to ask the guy at the Sony Store and he said that the certificate would work on PSN cards. He said he used it himself last year.

So basically, if you buy a $50 holiday gift card, they'll give you an extra $50 certificate that can be used on an order of $100 or more. So, if everyone bought two $50 PSN cards with it we'd have spent $50 each but will have $500 as a group. (That's a 1/10 of the price!)

Since this is a longterm gameshare, that will probably last a couple of years. I'd be down for it. If you can't make it during boxing week, I can buy multiples myself. I can take the money via paypal.

Who's in?

snuter

Back to top Go down

Post  Wilme Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:15 pm

I'd be down for that for sure!! We only spend $50 each but get $500 in total!

Wilme

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next