CAG Gamesharing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Group 2 Discussion

5 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Group 2 Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Group 2 Discussion

Post  bornrunnin31 Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:11 pm

echochrome was decent. Got a little frustrating at times when it wouldn't do what I thought it was going to (like not making holes disappear). But, for $10 its a worthy puzzle game. I just hope the downloading of new puzzles is easy, then it will really be worth it.

I'm away from my ps3 for the night, so won't make Warhawk and can't play MGO beta Sad
bornrunnin31
bornrunnin31
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Smiggity Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:11 pm

Echochrome is a thought provoking puzzler right up my alley so it is a definite buyski in my book. Anyways, how bout everyones MGO impressions? I am not too impressed...The controls are a bit clunky and hard to pull off.
Smiggity
Smiggity

Back to top Go down

Post  StrandedBrit Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:21 pm

It's metal gear alright. If you take it like a metal gear game then it's not too far off. It seems though that like a PS2.5 title.

I'll be playing for the next 2 weeks, but MGS4 is the big draw and this is a nice after thought. It's great for die hard MGS fans. Personally I'm in to MGS4 to finish the story. Sad to think that maybe, just maybe, Haze will have the better online than MGO. We'll see. I'm a little dissapointed too Smog.
StrandedBrit
StrandedBrit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Smiggity Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:36 pm

StrandedBrit wrote: It seems though that like a PS2.5 title.

Best way to put it right there. But I guess this just made HAZE move up my list as well.
Smiggity
Smiggity

Back to top Go down

Post  bornrunnin31 Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:53 pm

Gah! Sorry hone, but got the chance to stop by the blockbuster I knew had a copy of UT3, but they still have it at the old used price of $54.99 I even asked them to check the computer in case they just hadn't updated the tag. But, that's the drawback of relying on BB - they're always a step behind.

Maybe in a week or two, or if a ps3 coupon miraculously shows up again at GS
bornrunnin31
bornrunnin31
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hone Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:05 am

no rush man, I imagine UT3 night will be around for a while. Thanks for the effort.

hone

Back to top Go down

Post  StrandedBrit Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:52 pm

Hey Born, I happened to be looking on Amazon and saw that they have UT3 NEW for 30.99, free shipping. Not too shabby. Smile

EDIT: Target online has it for 29.99, but I figure with taxes and/or shipping it'll be a little more.
StrandedBrit
StrandedBrit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bornrunnin31 Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:39 pm

Yea, it's tempting, but with GTA4 on tuesday, and with my summer job now in limbo I'm going to try and hold off purchasing things. I'll probably just save it for a summer purchase in a month or two, and hopefully CAG night is still going strong.

Edit: my thoughts on MGO. Never played a MG before, but this game actually seems like it has potential to me. The controls do need work, like a few instances where you have to keep switching viewpoints. The weapons need to do more damage, I hate putting a whole clip into someone and they just walk away from it. And I'd like it more if they upped the pace. The maps feel so much bigger then they are because you move so slowly. I know this isn't trying to be COD4 or Warhawk, but it could take a couple cues from those games just to make it more fun. Hopefully it grows with time on me, but it did make me want to finally try one of the MG games since I bought the Essentials Collection and haven't touched any of them.
bornrunnin31
bornrunnin31
Admin

Back to top Go down

Group 2 Discussion - Page 5 Empty gta4

Post  Smiggity Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:42 am

Any Team MI memebers getting GTA4 at midnight on Monday? Me and Slash will be @ Meijer at precisely Midnight to snag our copies, just seeing if anyone wants to jump right into the MP?...I am gonna save the story mode until I move back home for the summer.

Edit- Novastrike impressions anyone? This game has been floating around for a while so I would expect it soon. This is the only decent link I could find, it is an interview with the devs.
http://www.thesixthaxis.com/novastrike_interview_and_exclusive_screenshots_news_926_tsa.aspx

Edit 2- After looking at a ton of Wipeout HD screens, the game looks crazy! If it has custom sounds and online racing, shit will hit the fan.

Edit 3- How do you turn a word into a link? So I could be like, "Check out Wipeout HD screens here." And the word here would be the link.
Smiggity
Smiggity

Back to top Go down

Post  bornrunnin31 Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:29 am

Smiggity wrote:Any Team MI memebers getting GTA4 at midnight on Monday? Me and Slash will be @ Meijer at precisely Midnight to snag our copies, just seeing if anyone wants to jump right into the MP?...I am gonna save the story mode until I move back home for the summer.

Edit- Novastrike impressions anyone? This game has been floating around for a while so I would expect it soon. This is the only decent link I could find, it is an interview with the devs.
http://www.thesixthaxis.com/novastrike_interview_and_exclusive_screenshots_news_926_tsa.aspx

Edit 2- After looking at a ton of Wipeout HD screens, the game looks crazy! If it has custom sounds and online racing, shit will hit the fan.

Edit 3- How do you turn a word into a link? So I could be like, "Check out Wipeout HD screens here." And the word here would be the link.

I'll be picking mine up at midnight, but because I have a test at 10am, i'm forcing myself to keep it shrink wrapped until thats over. I do know that you have to play for like 5 min before you can get to MP, you have to unlock his cell phone (read it somewhere, don't remember where).

Novastrike looks like it could be fun, I just feel that there's much better stuff out there. Unless we all just decide to start buying whatever comes down the pipeline that looks decent.

Never played a Wipeout, but that game looks awesome! I love using custom ST in SSHD since the first thing I did when I got my ps3 was spend about two hours transferring music from my computer to ps3 using 1gb sd cards (lol).

To turn a word into a link like this when you post a reply click the little chain link button under the subject line, between the photo button and the red f. Then, top line is the url and the bottom is the word you want to represent that url. If you want to do it on CAG, type the word first, then highlight it, then click the link button and type the url.
bornrunnin31
bornrunnin31
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  StrandedBrit Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:32 pm

I'm up for Novastrike. Especially if it's for something like 10 bucks. Just can't pass up something like that. I like me dem shooters too.

Wipeout is going to pwn me hard. It could seriously challenge GTAIV for time played. Shocked

I'm really tempted to go at midnight, but like Born, I gotta be up early for work so it'll be a while before I play. And anyways, I'm probably gonna try and go through SP first. So Smog tell me just how good the MP is, how it works and I'll post a schedule up on CAG.
StrandedBrit
StrandedBrit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Smiggity Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:25 pm

Will do SB. Thanks for explaining that bornrunnin, appreciated. I expect Nova to be 9.99 for sure, and as far as better stuff out there, I really either already have it or dont see anything considerably better on the store. Yeah soon we will be gettin PJM expansion, Echochrome and BC rearmed, but do we even know the pricepoint of Wipeout HD? The more I see the more it seems like it could be a warhawk-like title, for 39.99 on psn and not shareable. That would suck. Im sure SB knows. Is there anything already out there that appeals to you BR? Maybe we can have a vote on it or something...
Smiggity
Smiggity

Back to top Go down

Post  StrandedBrit Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:40 pm

The way I see it, if it looks remotely good and it's 10 bucks you gotta buy it. Cos it's really 2 bucks.

As for Wipeout HD, we're looking at a 20-30 dollar range. 20 if the heavens are aligned. 30 most likely. As for sharing, they've only made the game that also come out on BluRay non-shareable. Tekken5 is 30 bucks and you can share that. It's not set in stone, but I'm hoping they allow it to be shared. That's one we may want to definitely make sure it's shareable before buying as it'll be a little more expensive than most.

EDIT: Wipeout Pulse on the PSP is now only $30 new, so I doubt they'll charge more for a game that is essentially the same bar a few changes plus HD goodness.

Last edited by StrandedBrit on Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
StrandedBrit
StrandedBrit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Smiggity Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:07 pm

Yeah, 2 bucks for a game cannot be beat. Even if you only play it for an hour, it would cost that to play a comparable game at the local arcade. So hopefully it is just really not 39.99 or on blu-ray, b/c that seems to be the cut-off point. Lets hope!
Smiggity
Smiggity

Back to top Go down

Post  bornrunnin31 Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:12 pm

Well I didn't mean to get you down with that comment. I just meant that I'll probably spend a lot of time on BC, so Nova Strike would get neglected. But, as SB mentioned its basically $2 so it's hard to say no to anything. I watched one of the gametrailers.com videos of it earlier and skimmed through the interview you posted. It sounds like there's a little more to it then just a top down shooter, like it has objectives and stuff.

Still waiting on Dark Mist too, I think I will enjoy that one.

Its obvious that Wipeout will come with a premium price, I just hope we're lucky and can share the love with each other. But, its kinda hard to get an early leak on info like that.

Another game that would be a huge long shot for sharability would be SOCOM Confrontation. After reading the EGM interview/article I'd say there's a .000001% chance of that happening. They mentioned how its going to be like Warhawk in that they're releasing a BD vervios with headset and will have expansions down the line. I will probably pick it up tho, I've got a few friends who were SOCOM nuts, but I've played maybe all of 5 minutes of it (usually just watched them). MGO is making me want this game more since its a little bit similar.
bornrunnin31
bornrunnin31
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  StrandedBrit Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:22 am

PJM - Encore is rumored for this week. It was out in Japan last week. FYI. (Hadn't posted in a while, thought it was about time.)
StrandedBrit
StrandedBrit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Smiggity Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:47 am

Okay yo, here are my multiplayer GTA4 impressions...Servers are kinda shady, but the party/lobby system is the shit...Basically instead of a lobby, when peeps join your party you pop up in a part of the city all near eachother...This is kind of just free mode do anything go anywhere, where u wait for all players. After that you enter whatever game you choose, it takes the whole party there. Very seamless transitions. Friend list and invites are on the cell phone...Ive never had so much fun dickin around in a Video Game. It is everything everyone wanted and more IMO. Epic gaming. They just raised the bar so high, its unbelievable...

What else would u like to know? I dont really know what else to explain
Edit 1-Wow, it seems as though the multiplayer servers are down already..FUck

Last edited by Smiggity on Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Smiggity
Smiggity

Back to top Go down

Post  StrandedBrit Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:08 am

So what's the 'Rockstar's Social Club' ?

EDIT: And you can only invite people on your friends list then??

Last edited by StrandedBrit on Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
StrandedBrit
StrandedBrit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Smiggity Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:13 am

From what I have played, it is not In the game anywhere, and I have not checked out that website. I guess that would be clan support or something b/c there is none in-game.
Oh yeah, there is a rank-up system based on money. 1000 for level 1, 10,0000 for level 2. Like warhawk, the more you level up the more gear you unlock.

Yup, it is friends list based kind of like Burnout..
Smiggity
Smiggity

Back to top Go down

Post  bornrunnin31 Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:18 am

social club -> http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/

It's basically a stat tracker for MP, SP, random stats like how far people have traveled, 100% club, hall of fame, etc. You can also use it to retrieve songs you've tagged to find out info about. You create an account and then link your PSN ID. Guitar Hero had something similar that was pretty cool, but this is a whole lot better.

Good to hear that the MP is pretty painless and hellafun! Sadly, I've still got one more test tomorrow and need to study. I may be in and out during the day, but probably just be doing the SP.

Also, BC:RA has possibly the greatest soundtrack EVAR! I'm loving all the music for that game.

Edit: So do we ever have to set up dedicated servers for GTA MP? Or will we all just be able to connect without having to worry about a "host" with a sturdy connection?
bornrunnin31
bornrunnin31
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Smiggity Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:22 am

So you have to sign up? meh,probably wont do that unless all you guys do...Bionic Commando Soundtrack? linkage? Wouldnt mind checkin it out
Smiggity
Smiggity

Back to top Go down

Post  bornrunnin31 Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:27 am

http://www.bioniccommando.com/en <- mainsite

http://www.bioniccommando.com/music_player.php?loc=en <-direct link to music player

only reason i brought it up is because destructoid.com has a preview up today of stage 5 music on their website.

And to sign up for the social club basically takes an email address and password. Pretty painless.
bornrunnin31
bornrunnin31
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  StrandedBrit Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:27 am

Yeah ^ what he said, and does it tell you how many you can host?
StrandedBrit
StrandedBrit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Smiggity Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:51 am

No, host is not necessarily who starts the game..Host migration is 100 times better than cod4. I was in GTA euphoria last nite so my memory may not be the greatest..Wish i could get on rite now for confirmation..MGO also has dedicated servers..No doesnt say how many you can host

Edit-New PJM Encore post on PS Blog..They say they will continue the interview next week so it probably wont be here thursday Sad
Smiggity
Smiggity

Back to top Go down

Post  StrandedBrit Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:08 pm

Smiggity wrote:No, host is not necessarily who starts the game..Host migration is 100 times better than cod4. I was in GTA euphoria last nite so my memory may not be the greatest..Wish i could get on rite now for confirmation..MGO also has dedicated servers..No doesnt say how many you can host

Edit-New PJM Encore post on PS Blog..They say they will continue the interview next week so it probably wont be here thursday Sad

Frikin horse shit. Nothing for this thursday then???

Any of you guys on GTA tonight? I wanna get on with the SP, but it you guys are on I'll dive in.
StrandedBrit
StrandedBrit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next