CAG Gamesharing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game sharing - Discussion Thread

5 posters

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Game sharing - Discussion Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Game sharing - Discussion Thread

Post  aznguyen316 Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:22 pm

bionic commando is purchased and ready for downloading.. d/ling as I type this

aznguyen316

Back to top Go down

Game sharing - Discussion Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Game sharing - Discussion Thread

Post  happy Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:18 pm

I'm downloading BC now. If the store version of burnout is shareable would the rest of you be interested? I don't know if anyone already owns it yet, but with all the extra content it seems like it would be worthwhile to me for some racing until wipeout appears (may not be till next year).

happy

Back to top Go down

Post  aznguyen316 Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:32 pm

I have burnout already BUT if it IS shareable, which would make it come out to $6 for the game would be cool, so I could trade out my Blu-ray disc.

aznguyen316

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Strangepork Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:44 pm

I'm definitely in for Burnout too. Had my eye on it for awhile.

Anyone know when it is coming?

Dr. Strangepork

Back to top Go down

Post  mwestep Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:14 am

We need to make sure burnout is shareable before we do anything. But if it is, I already own it, and if we do end up getting it, I could probably just trade it in for some store credit or something.

mwestep

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanik Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:35 am

I'd be in for Burnout but we definitely need to make sure it is shareable first.

Kanik

Back to top Go down

Post  aznguyen316 Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:18 am

mwestep wrote:We need to make sure burnout is shareable before we do anything. But if it is, I already own it, and if we do end up getting it, I could probably just trade it in for some store credit or something.

True, I own it as well but for $6, I think I could goozex it or trade it to someone else for a good value. I personally like digital distribution of games, only b/c I'm a lazy ass and like being able to switch games w/o getting off the couch. Makes choosing games easier Razz

aznguyen316

Back to top Go down

Post  mwestep Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:34 am

So it looks like Burnout will be a go when it comes out.

What do you guys think about Ratchet and Clank : Quest for Booty?

Im all in on that one.

mwestep

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanik Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:40 am

aznguyen316 wrote:I personally like digital distribution of games, only b/c I'm a lazy ass and like being able to switch games w/o getting off the couch. Makes choosing games easier Razz

Haha, same here.

I'd also be in for Ratchet and Clank. Loved Tools of Destruction.

Kanik

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Strangepork Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:13 pm

I'm inclined against R&C. That is just a series I haven't been able to get into. Tried the demo of ToD and some PSP games and the appeal is lost on me. I know a lot of people love it though. Now that it is a discounted game, I think my $ would be better spent on ToD as a complete, longer game if I were to pick it up at all. It sounds like this PSN could be overpriced.

Just my opinion though. Not trying to be difficult. Very Happy And I have noted that other members are open to getting Brunout even if they already have it. I don't so I could be talked into R&C to be "fair." Or I wouldn't have a problem with getting outvoted on R&C. That would just be part of the deal of being in the group.

I also know that I've barely touched Elefunk and PJ Eden since we've got them. Good games at great prices (b/c of the sharing) but I haven't taken the time to play through them much. Too busy playing Madden, GTA IV, and Superstardust mostly. And now Bionic Commando is calling . . . Very Happy

Suddenly I have twice as many games as I used to but not twice as much time to play! I suspect we'll have to ante up some more $$ here soon, right?

Dr. Strangepork

Back to top Go down

Post  mwestep Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:14 pm

Yeah, we will all need to pitch in an extra $10 depending on when burnout comes out. I am going to guess that Burnout alone is $30.

We should be fine through this week, even if we get R&C ($15).

Speaking of Madden, I had two of the best games tonight against some friends.

First game it was fairly basic, and went into OT, I won the coin toss and received first. Got to about the opponent's 30 yard line before I threw an interception. He made it to my 15 yard line, and went for a field goal. When he went to kick, the football bounced off the left field goal post (think Mighty Ducks if you have ever seen the movie... EXACTLY like that). I didn't even know that was possible, but lucky for me I was able to secure a win after that.

Second game was just crazy with interceptions, fumbles, etc. It was neck and neck all the way to the end of the game. With about 1:20 left on the clock on the fourth quarter after scoring a TD, I was up by 3 points. Went for the kickoff, my friend managed to make it all the way down to score. I was pissed. And really didnt have a chance after that. I was excited to win against him, cause I honestly don't think that I beat him yet.

But anyway.. So far 2 votes for R&C and one against. Lets see if someone else wants it.

And about Burnout, I am kind of neutral on it. I have it already, so that means that I could probably Ebay it or something and come out even while helping the people who do want it in this group.

mwestep

Back to top Go down

Post  aznguyen316 Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:29 pm

mwestep wrote:Yeah, we will all need to pitch in an extra $10 depending on when burnout comes out. I am going to guess that Burnout alone is $30.

We should be fine through this week, even if we get R&C ($15).

Speaking of Madden, I had two of the best games tonight against some friends.

First game it was fairly basic, and went into OT, I won the coin toss and received first. Got to about the opponent's 30 yard line before I threw an interception. He made it to my 15 yard line, and went for a field goal. When he went to kick, the football bounced off the left field goal post (think Mighty Ducks if you have ever seen the movie... EXACTLY like that). I didn't even know that was possible, but lucky for me I was able to secure a win after that.

Second game was just crazy with interceptions, fumbles, etc. It was neck and neck all the way to the end of the game. With about 1:20 left on the clock on the fourth quarter after scoring a TD, I was up by 3 points. Went for the kickoff, my friend managed to make it all the way down to score. I was pissed. And really didnt have a chance after that. I was excited to win against him, cause I honestly don't think that I beat him yet.

But anyway.. So far 2 votes for R&C and one against. Lets see if someone else wants it.

And about Burnout, I am kind of neutral on it. I have it already, so that means that I could probably Ebay it or something and come out even while helping the people who do want it in this group.

You should come out more than even if you eBay it or Goozex your disc copy considering if it's shareable it'll be like $6 split.

aznguyen316

Back to top Go down

Post  happy Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:17 am

I'm in for R&C. I agree that at $15 it would be too much for me, but I liked the earlier games I played, so for $3 it's a great deal in my mind (I'll be getting future when it hits $20 probably).

happy

Back to top Go down

Post  aznguyen316 Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:05 am

okay I thought about it some more and I am going to change my vote on R&C to NO. My reasoning is even though it is only $3 after the split, it's still $15 out of our group budget. That's half of a full game of Burnout Paradise or another high quality PSN game that we can get more than 2-3 hours of gameplay out of.. Most PSN games have replayability which is what I like, this looks like a play and forget.. so yeah that's how I feel. But it's a group democracy so whatever happens is okay.

aznguyen316

Back to top Go down

Post  happy Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:52 pm

Does this mean we aren't getting R&C? If not I'll hopefully find some people to share that and the warhawk expansions.

happy

Back to top Go down

Post  aznguyen316 Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:15 pm

I still think I was outnumbered. Only me and Dr. strangepork said no, so it's 3-2. Did we need a 3-2 or a 4-1 vote?

aznguyen316

Back to top Go down

Post  mwestep Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:34 am

From what I understand it is majority.. so 3-2 wins.

And it looks like we are down for R&C tommorrow. Do you guys want to plan on putting in extra money this week or next week?

mwestep

Back to top Go down

Post  happy Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:14 am

3 to 2 majority seems like a good plan. I'm also fine with adding more money this weekend.

If looks like Last Guy may be out next week and may cost $20 (that was the announcement for Japan at least). If so I may vote No. It looks interesting, but I just don't see it as a $20 game unless they really do add complete google maps functionality so you can play anywhere.

happy

Back to top Go down

Post  mwestep Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:51 am

Yeah, I plan on waiting for reviews for the last guy. There should be a demo out soon as well.

mwestep

Back to top Go down

Post  aznguyen316 Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:11 pm

I'm gonna say NO to Last Guy unless the reviews are just outstanding..

PSN update is now live, and guess what lol, there's a Last Guy Demo so I guess HK profile not needed now. I guess I'll go ahead and start d/ling R&C since it's a go.

played the last guy and I'm sticking to No for it. The gameplay is new and refreshing, but there's not much to keep me on coming back. The lack of trophies and no soundtrack support really does it in as well.

The R&C demo is going to take a while though.. it's moving up 1MB per nearly a second so yeah gonna say it's gonne be another 30min.

aznguyen316

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Strangepork Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:35 pm

So just to be clear, to we pick up R&C? I'm not near my PS3 to be able to check.

Thanks

Dr. Strangepork

Back to top Go down

Post  mwestep Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:03 pm

Yes, R&C was downloaded.

mwestep

Back to top Go down

Post  happy Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:08 pm

Last Guy comes out tomorrow for $10. While I was a no at $20, at 10 I could go either way. I played the demo and it seemed alright but nothing too special. I'll wait to see what the rest of you and some reviews say (does it get better past the demo with more types of monsters and powerups and stuff)

happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanik Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:19 am

I say yes to The Last Guy. I enjoyed the demo, found it to be quirky and fun. While the demo was very simple and easy, the trailer that follows shows a lot more than what was featured in the demo - plus people who have played the japanese version report that it gets much harder.

Kanik

Back to top Go down

Post  aznguyen316 Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:23 pm

I'm going no on last guy.

aznguyen316

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next