CAG Gamesharing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game sharing - Discussion Thread

5 posters

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Game sharing - Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Game sharing - Discussion Thread

Post  aznguyen316 Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:10 pm

have not heard of 1942, so it's a dual stick shooter like SSHD? If there are trophies (LOL) I'll be in but if not I'll have to read up on it haha.

aznguyen316

Back to top Go down

Game sharing - Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Game sharing - Discussion Thread

Post  aznguyen316 Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:47 pm

checked out some screens, it's a top down rail shooter which is fine by me. I'll go ahead and say I'm in.

aznguyen316

Back to top Go down

Post  happy Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:59 pm

I'm in the undecided group. If some of you really want it I have no problem getting it (I assume it will be under $10), however I'll wait till I read something before I commit myself.

My assumption is that there are no trophies because everything says pixeljunk eden will be the first psn game with them from launch and that isn't till next week.

happy

Back to top Go down

Post  mwestep Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:24 pm

I am undecided as well.

On one hand, we dont really have any top down shooter of that kind on the psn. The other, I heard it is a little on the short side, which is no big deal.

I am undecided, but have no problems if you guys really want to get it. We need something to spend our money on, lol.

EDIT: Alright, I think I changed my mind. The game does feature co-op both offline and online, so that swayed my vote a bit. Would be a nice icebreaker if you guys would want to play a game of it sometime.

Besides that, what is everyone's PSN id? Would like to go ahead and add them to the friends list. Ill start

PSN ID - mwestep

mwestep

Back to top Go down

Game sharing - Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty PSN ID

Post  Dr. Strangepork Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:27 am

My PSN ID is:

ChizelMonkee

Dr. Strangepork

Back to top Go down

Game sharing - Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty Voting Procedures

Post  Dr. Strangepork Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:02 am

I was thinking about the voting procedures (yes, I have too much time). Here's what is on my mind:

1. I was thinking we should have a separate topic for vote tallies to make it clear what we are voting on and what the current votes are. I was thinking something like this:

Game Name Vote Closes Member 1Member 2 Member 3Member 4 Member 5
PJ Eden 7/15/08 Y Y Y Y Y
19428/1/08 N U Y U N

The idea is to clearly lay out who is voting what way sets a deadline for getting the votes in. Again, this would be housed in a separate topic.

2. I think when we started the group it was laid out that game purchase decisions would be made by majority vote. I think that was interpreted to mean three yes votes. I'm ok with that, but was wondering what others though about raising the standard to four yes votes. I think that way we would avoid buying too many games that are only wanted marginally. In either case, recognize that a "undecided" or not voting by the deadline would the be same as a "No." (I've also thought about suggesting we raise the standard to 4 yes votes, but I'm not sure about that).

Ok, that is all for now. (Thankfully!). I'd love to hear what you think. You could also tell me to get the stick out of my ass. Very Happy

Dr. Strangepork

Back to top Go down

Post  happy Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:35 pm

How about 3 yes votes for any game under $10 and four for anything more expensive. At $2/person for under $10 games I don't have a problem getting one here or there than I may not be interested in, however for something like Siren which is $45 total I think the requirement should be higher (as of now I have no real interest in Siren if it is even shareable).

The online multiplayer sounds good for 1942, but I'm still going to wait a day to see some impressions before I commit myself either way since I know very little about it.

My PSN is Gubermonster

happy

Back to top Go down

Post  happy Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:32 pm

Sorry to double post, but the update just came up, and the pixeljunk eden demo is very cool, unfortunately 1942 doesn't seem to have a demo yet...

There's also a sale for older games going on that includes Pain, PJM, Bowling, Poker, and Rocketman. I already have pain and and PJM, but if nobody has some of the others and there's interest we can discuss getting them. If the rest of you don't have pain and pjm yet we can get them through this group, but I think most of the rest of you have them too.

happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanik Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:54 pm

I'm undecided on 1942. Mostly because I already have three shooters for PSN. (SSHD, Everyday Shooter, Commando 3) I already struggle over which one I want to play when I feel like shooting stuff.

Kanik

Back to top Go down

Post  aznguyen316 Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:06 pm

Of the games on sale I don't either have or interested in..

High Velocity bowling is only $5 which I'd be in for.
since some of you already have pain I'll prob join another game share group for that.

I know this group was about new PS games so I don't care if we don't do whatever. I can find another group for a few older games.

Also 1942 I don't really care either way since it'd be only $2, but I guess if we're in this for the long haul it would be wise to save some money for some good titles in the future.. FAT PRINCESS bounce

aznguyen316

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Strangepork Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:47 am

At 5 bucks a pop I went ahead and bought Poker and High Velocity Bowling. So I don't need those and figured we were focusing on new games anyway.

I'm hearing mixed reviews on 1942 now, so I'm voting "no"

Seems no one is jazzed about this one. I say let's wait until Eden for the next purchase.

Dr. Strangepork

Back to top Go down

Post  aznguyen316 Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:41 am

that's cool, no to 1942 is okay.

I ended up buying velocity and pain as well since it was half the price. Looking forward to Eden though! trippy game haha

aznguyen316

Back to top Go down

Post  mwestep Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:58 pm

Strangepork, added your table to the first post, should be easier now to be able to see who votes for what.

I would think majority (3 out of 5) would be best.

As for voting, if you guys could state the game name with the vote yes or no in the first line of the post, it would help me out a lot.

Example

Pixeljunk Eden - Yes

it will help out so i dont have to dig through posts to determine whether you want it or not.

There is a Yes, No, and Undecided.

mwestep

Back to top Go down

Post  aznguyen316 Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:58 pm

Hey everyone just wanted to give you guys a heads up on my situation for the next two weeks. I'll probably be offline for that time as I'm moving to another state and gotta get situated and set up internet and all that. I'm sure we won't need to replenish funds in that time and I don't know of what games are releasing in the next two weeks either besides PJE. So yeah I'm still here!! Just away for a bit, when I get back online I'll let you guys know as well as d/l PJE and whatever games we may have picked up. Thanks!

Jonathan
PSN: JizzyFTW

aznguyen316

Back to top Go down

Post  mwestep Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:00 pm

Bought Pixeljunk Eden.. .So go get it guys!

mwestep

Back to top Go down

Post  happy Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:22 pm

I'm downloading it Smile

Anyone know anything about that snakeball thing? Is that new too or did it just somehow pop up at the top of the store?

edit: someone on the cag board posted that it has been out for a while and not very good.

happy

Back to top Go down

Post  aznguyen316 Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:05 pm

back on the grid guys. Downloaded PJE =) thanks

aznguyen316

Back to top Go down

Post  aznguyen316 Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:10 pm

I vote YES to Thursday's PSN release of Bionic Commando Rearmed.

aznguyen316

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Strangepork Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:21 pm

Couldn't tell you the first think about Bionic Commando by IGN just gave it a 9.4. calling it "And it is the best downloadable game to date on XBLA and PSN."

So is it shareable?

Dr. Strangepork

Back to top Go down

Post  mwestep Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:15 pm

Im in for Bionic Commando as well. It should be sharable, its only 9.99.

mwestep

Back to top Go down

Post  happy Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:39 pm

I'm yes for bionic commando also, the score in the 1up review just seems high from what the person actually wrote, but it should definitely be good.

also yes for ratchet next week and last guy if that comes out soon.

happy

Back to top Go down

Post  aznguyen316 Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:53 pm

I'm in for R&C.. this I wonder if it's shareable though.

aznguyen316

Back to top Go down

Post  happy Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:05 pm

aznguyen316 wrote:I'm in for R&C.. this I wonder if it's shareable though.

It seems like the only games that aren't shareable are the ones also released on blu-ray (GTP, Warhawk, and probably Socom). As far as I know both fatal inertia which was $30 and Siren which is 40 can both be shared. Hopefully wipeout will fall in the shareable category.

happy

Back to top Go down

Post  aznguyen316 Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:10 pm

awesome, yeah wipeoutHD I'm in for. Whenever it's released. I'm not too sure of release dates for PSN games

aznguyen316

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanik Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:40 pm

I'm really psyched for Wipeout, need a good racer. Very Happy

Bionic Commando looks great, and it's receiving a ton of hype.

Kanik

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next