CAG Gamesharing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Voting & discussion on games to purchase/General Discussion

5 posters

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

Voting & discussion on games to purchase/General Discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: Voting & discussion on games to purchase/General Discussion

Post  darabo Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:02 pm

Thanks for the offer, hope you enjoy them!

darabo

Back to top Go down

Voting & discussion on games to purchase/General Discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: Voting & discussion on games to purchase/General Discussion

Post  Hostile Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:47 pm

Gonna try a little to get some money for them first to offset the two games I just bought.

Hostile

Back to top Go down

Post  js1 Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:30 pm

I don't know if you guys own Resistance 2 or not but if you guys do are you interested in buying the new maps for $5.99? I own the game and I think I would be interested.

js1

Back to top Go down

Post  Hostile Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:53 pm

I don't own the game and I'm not interested.

Hostile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hostile Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:39 am

To put this out there...

Any interest in Burn Zombie Burn or any other PSN game that was release in the past few weeks?

Hostile

Back to top Go down

Post  js1 Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:37 am

The only thing I have been remotely interested in is Burn Zombie Burn and maybe Comet Crash. It just seems like there is not to much out right now worth spending money and space on.

js1

Back to top Go down

Post  Hostile Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:42 am

So let's just say two votes for Burn Zombie Burn and one for and one against Comet Crash.

Hostile

Back to top Go down

Post  js1 Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:44 pm

Any interest in the Valkria Chronicles DLC?

js1

Back to top Go down

Post  Hostile Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:54 pm

That's a game I don't see all of us owning Wink

I don't have the game yet but I plan to buy or trade for it. The DLC is suppose to be something cool like playing as the antagonists?

Hostile

Back to top Go down

Post  darabo Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:23 pm

js1 wrote:Any interest in the Valkria Chronicles DLC?

Yes on the Valkria Chronicles DLC however I thought it was only announced for Europe and not North America?

No for the other items proposed.

What do you guys think about the Resident Evil 5 DLC?

darabo

Back to top Go down

Post  Hostile Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:28 pm

darabo wrote:Yes on the Valkria Chronicles DLC however I thought it was only announced for Europe and not North America?

No for the other items proposed.

What do you guys think about the Resident Evil 5 DLC?

Okay, the PS.blog update says April 16th is the US release of the VC DLC. There's three of them and I do not want Hard EX mode so let's vote for each one.

Depending on if dragonmar1 has VC or not (I plan on buying it someday), we either need all 'for' votes or majority wins.

Valkyria Chronicles (each add-on is rumored to be priced at $5 based on EU prices, look at the link to find out what each one is about)
Hard EX Mode) - 1 against
Edy’s Mission - 1 for
Selvaria’s Mission - 1 for

Burn Zombie Burn - 2 for, 1 against

Comet Crash - 2 against, it's out

RE5 - I don't own RE5 and I don't plan on buying it so that's out.

I'm looking at one of our rules and I'm thinking it should be changed just a little. "4. DLC of a game everyone owns will be decided by majority voting 3 votes or more for $10+ and all votes needed for $20+" should be "3 votes or more for $10 or less and all votes needed for anything above."

Hostile

Back to top Go down

Post  darabo Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:47 pm

Hostile wrote:

I'm looking at one of our rules and I'm thinking it should be changed just a little. "4. DLC of a game everyone owns will be decided by majority voting 3 votes or more for $10+ and all votes needed for $20+" should be "3 votes or more for $10 or less and all votes needed for anything above."

If we change the rule to "three votes or more for $10 or less and all votes needed for $10.01 ( Razz ) and above " than since all of us have different games we would be at a disagreement at everything.

Also since the RE5 is $5 ,which is less than $10, and I have said yes and you have said no that is only two votes so a third (or fourth) vote would be needed for it to be officially passed or rejected. So in short the RE5 DLC is still open.

As for the Valkyria Chronicles DLC I say wait for the prices until we judge, we have a week time so we might as well wait and see what happens. Btw get the game when you get the chance, it is pretty good.

darabo

Back to top Go down

Post  Hostile Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:03 pm

darabo wrote:
Hostile wrote:

If we change the rule to "three votes or more for $10 or less and all votes needed for $10.01 ( Razz ) and above " than since all of us have different games we would be at a disagreement at everything.

Also since the RE5 is $5 ,which is less than $10, and I have said yes and you have said no that is only two votes so a third (or fourth) vote would be needed for it to be officially passed or rejected. So in short the RE5 DLC is still open.

As for the Valkyria Chronicles DLC I say wait for the prices until we judge, we have a week time so we might as well wait and see what happens. Btw get the game when you get the chance, it is pretty good.

RE5 was out because of our third rule, which is all games everyone does not own will not be gotten without all votes. I wanted a change to the fourth rule because it left all games below $10 without a rule in place.

Hostile

Back to top Go down

Post  js1 Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:35 pm

I was interested in the two VC DLC, excluding the EX mode. I was not sure what to put in place as far as 10 and under goes.. 2 out of 4 for DLC under $10? What do you guys think? If you guys have any ideas to make the rules better, I'm always open for suggestion.

js1

Back to top Go down

Post  js1 Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:05 pm

You guys interested in the VC DLC? excluding the EX hard mode.

js1

Back to top Go down

Post  Hostile Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:17 pm

The problem with having a 2 out of 4 for DLC under $10 is that it's very easy to say 'yes' to plenty of small DLC items. Just a little while ago I would have said 'yes' to some of the SFIV costume packs when I believe dragonmar1 asked. If we didn't have the rule where DLC for retail games or equivalent needed all votes, I could foresee a lot of our PSN allotment being used.

I still don't own VC but I would say 'yes' to the VC DLC excluding the hard mode.

Hostile

Back to top Go down

Post  js1 Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:35 pm

I think that most of DLC should just be done on a case by case basis. Since we all own games, get rid of games at different times. Granted it's easier for us just to have our own separate accounts for DLC that we want on our own. Do you guys thing that we should not even bother with buying DLC unless it's something that most of us can agree with buying? 3 out of 4? What do you all think?

js1

Back to top Go down

Post  darabo Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:31 pm

js1 wrote:I think that most of DLC should just be done on a case by case basis. Since we all own games, get rid of games at different times. Granted it's easier for us just to have our own separate accounts for DLC that we want on our own. Do you guys thing that we should not even bother with buying DLC unless it's something that most of us can agree with buying? 3 out of 4? What do you all think?

I agree, I think we should vote on each DLC case by case.

Ex.:

Valkyria Chronicles DLC:

Hard Mode: Yes

Edy’s Mission: Yes

Selvaria’s Mission: Yes

darabo

Back to top Go down

Post  Hostile Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:14 pm

js1 wrote:I think that most of DLC should just be done on a case by case basis. Since we all own games, get rid of games at different times. Granted it's easier for us just to have our own separate accounts for DLC that we want on our own. Do you guys thing that we should not even bother with buying DLC unless it's something that most of us can agree with buying? 3 out of 4? What do you all think?

I say we stick to the original plan. Cool

What would be an example of a case-by-case choice?

I didn't mind the purchase of DLC with the current rules but it seems some of you want it changed.

Hostile

Back to top Go down

Post  darabo Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:06 am

Hostile wrote:

I say we stick to the original plan. Cool

What would be an example of a case-by-case choice?

I didn't mind the purchase of DLC with the current rules but it seems some of you want it changed.

Wouldn't what I posted above be an example of a case by case choice?

darabo

Back to top Go down

Post  js1 Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:24 pm

What I really was getting at was that we did not have a rule for DLC under 10 bucks. I'm fine with the current rules, most of the time I don't really care for DLC unless it's something I'm really interested in. Like the Valkria DLC and the upcoming Killzone 2 levels.

So it looks like:

Hard EX Mode) - 2 against/1 for
Edy’s Mission - 3 for
Selvaria’s Mission - 3 for

So, just waiting on Dragonmar now.

js1

Back to top Go down

Post  Hostile Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:51 pm

js1 wrote:What I really was getting at was that we did not have a rule for DLC under 10 bucks. I'm fine with the current rules, most of the time I don't really care for DLC unless it's something I'm really interested in. Like the Valkria DLC and the upcoming Killzone 2 levels.

Which is why I said that rule should be updated.

1. Stand-alone PSN games that cost under $20 will be decided by 3(out of 4)votes.
2. Stand-alone PSN games that cost $30+ will need all votes.
3. DLC of a game everyone does not own will not be gotten without all votes.
4. DLC of a game everyone owns will be decided by majority voting 3 votes or more for $10+ and all votes needed for $20+.

As it stands, there's a hole in the $20-$29.99 range because of rules #1 and #2. It should stay "under $20" for rule #1 but rule #2 should be "$20 or more" instead of "costs $30+". As for DLC, I personally believe the third rule should stay but if the majority votes for a change, I would be willing to follow it. The fourth rule should be changed to "DLC of a game everyone owns will be decided by majority voting for under $10 purchases and all votes needed for $10+ purchases." The majority of the DLC for a game is under $10 anyways.

We might want to put in an exception or two.

1) Rule #4 exception: Where if there's a bundle DLC for a game everyone owns and the majority of us vote 'yes', we should be able to buy the cheapest one. As an example, I'll use the VC DLC. Let's say 3/4 of us want all the VC DLC but one of us doesn't want it. Even though a make believe bundle might be $12 or so, if the majority voted 'yes' to the $5 price of all three DLC, the all vote needed for $10+ DLC is changed to allow this.

2) Rule #3 exception: If I owned the game at some point, even if I sold or traded it, it will count as if I owned it. An example would be me selling Killzone 2 but it would be unfair to you guys since I did play the game.

Side question: Does VC have the Japanese dub? I watched a trailer of Edy's Mission and the voice acting wasn't too hot.

I was wondering if you guys wanted to start the group anew when the money well dries with another account and add on a 5th person? It would make our purchases even cheaper. I still believe our 5th spot is taken up by dragonmar1 because I'm pretty sure it's five PS3s logged per account (not based on a game-by-game basis) and because Sony wouldn't deactivate it for him, he had to take up our last spot. I'm not dying for this but I like to pinch pennies on occasion. I've been very happy with the group's choices on games or DLC.

Hostile

Back to top Go down

Post  darabo Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:57 pm

Hostile wrote:
Side question: Does VC have the Japanese dub? I watched a trailer of Edy's Mission and the voice acting wasn't too hot.

I was wondering if you guys wanted to start the group anew when the money well dries with another account and add on a 5th person? It would make our purchases even cheaper. I still believe our 5th spot is taken up by dragonmar1 because I'm pretty sure it's five PS3s logged per account (not based on a game-by-game basis) and because Sony wouldn't deactivate it for him, he had to take up our last spot. I'm not dying for this but I like to pinch pennies on occasion. I've been very happy with the group's choices on games or DLC.

Yes, VC comes with the original Japanese dub as well as the English dub (as well as English subtitles). The English dub is not that bad to be honest, compared to most other games, and I am going to use the Japanese dub on my second play through.

I think it would be good if we restarted the group once the money dries out. Adding a fifth person I think would benefit everyone in the group.

darabo

Back to top Go down

Post  js1 Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:34 pm

I would be cool with restarting the group. Also if one of you guys want to be "in charge" of the group that's fine by me. What should we do with the account then?

The rules definitely need some tweaking. They need to be more detailed for the "next" group.

js1

Back to top Go down

Post  Hostile Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:16 pm

darabo wrote:Yes, VC comes with the original Japanese dub as well as the English dub (as well as English subtitles). The English dub is not that bad to be honest, compared to most other games, and I am going to use the Japanese dub on my second play through.

I think it would be good if we restarted the group once the money dries out. Adding a fifth person I think would benefit everyone in the group.

As someone who watches a ton of anime, I can't stand a vast majority of English dubs. I'm very glad to know they left the Japanese dub in there. Localizers don't do this enough.

js1 wrote:I would be cool with restarting the group. Also if one of you guys want to be "in charge" of the group that's fine by me. What should we do with the account then?

The rules definitely need some tweaking. They need to be more detailed for the "next" group.

If you're talking about the current account, nothing should be done. If we're all in agreement on starting a new one to allow a 5th user, we can just start a new account and leave the current one alone after the money is gone.

I can probably tweak the rules and post it here before we start anew to see if we can agree on as much as we can.

Hostile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next