CAG Gamesharing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Voting & discussion on games to purchase/General Discussion

5 posters

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Voting & discussion on games to purchase/General Discussion - Page 14 Empty Today's games

Post  dragonmar1 Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:07 pm

Oh, and I'm a definite 'NO' for anything that came out today. Very lame update.

dragonmar1

Back to top Go down

Voting & discussion on games to purchase/General Discussion - Page 14 Empty Re: Voting & discussion on games to purchase/General Discussion

Post  Hostile Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:11 pm

All you have to do is go to Account Management on our shared account and deactivate the system. Make sure you explain to whomever you sell to that all the other slots are taken and that you're selling your deactivated slot so they hopefully won't change the password. Never know if one of us might need it Wink

Hostile

Back to top Go down

Voting & discussion on games to purchase/General Discussion - Page 14 Empty Re: Voting & discussion on games to purchase/General Discussion

Post  js1 Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:12 pm

dragonmar1 wrote:Oh, and I'm a definite 'NO' for anything that came out today. Very lame update.

Same here, Nothing impressive this week.

js1

Back to top Go down

Post  Hostile Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:58 pm

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/08/07/fat-princess-multiplayer-connections-improved/

Soon...

Hostile

Back to top Go down

Post  js1 Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:48 pm

It looks like the patch is live..

js1

Back to top Go down

Post  darabo Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:51 pm

Would it be alright if I bought a $20 PSN card and added it to the account?

Because about an hour ago I just bought a $20 card.

darabo

Back to top Go down

Post  Hostile Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:43 pm

darabo wrote:Would it be alright if I bought a $20 PSN card and added it to the account?

Because about an hour ago I just bought a $20 card.

Why wouldn't it be okay? That's what we all did Wink

Hostile

Back to top Go down

Post  darabo Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:33 am

Very well, I added $20 to the account.

Total is now $80.00.

darabo

Back to top Go down

Post  js1 Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:23 pm

Okay, I updated the account info page. Now, we just need something to buy..

js1

Back to top Go down

Post  Hostile Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:18 am

Well... like I said, MvC2 is this week and Trine and PixelJunk Shooter are still upcoming this summer.

Is it time to revote on Fat Princess or give it a little more time?

Hostile

Back to top Go down

Post  darabo Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:53 am

Hostile wrote:Well... like I said, MvC2 is this week and Trine and PixelJunk Shooter are still upcoming this summer.

Is it time to revote on Fat Princess or give it a little more time?

PixelJunk Shooter? That is news to me...

So what is the general opinion on the effectiveness of the patch?

darabo

Back to top Go down

Post  js1 Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:18 am

PixelJunk Shooter Impressions - PixelJunk Shooter - Kotaku:
http://kotaku.com/5276560/pixeljunk-shooter-impressions

Looking forward to MvC2! What about Trine? It's going to be about $20. It looks like a cool game.

As far as Fat princess and the patch, I'm still looking to see what effect the patch had.

js1

Back to top Go down

Post  Hostile Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:07 pm

Trine is rumored to be $20 and I know that's hard to swallow (at least for me) but if the controls work well on the PS3, I'm very excited for it. The websites that I visit all really loved Trine on PC.

Hostile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hostile Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:29 pm

UPDATED RULES? (discussion GO!)

JUST THE FOUR OF US (we can make it if we try~)
1. Stand-alone PSN games that cost under $20 will be decided by 3 or more votes.
2. Stand-alone PSN games that cost $20 and over will need all votes.
3. DLC of a game everyone does not own will not be gotten without all votes.
4. DLC of a game everyone owns will be decided by 3 votes or more for purchases $9.99 and under. All votes will be needed for purchases $10 and over. [If someone has owned the game in the past, rule #4 will take effect and cancel out #3 (hopefully we'll all answer honestly)]

5. [CHOOSE ONE?]
(a) Each member gets $6 to spend freely on anything they want every 4 months, at the beginning of each month starting 08/2009. This money is allowed to accumulate. Please post in our General Discussion topic when you do so. [Should it be a bigger or lesser dollar amount? What about the monthly turnaround? Should there be a limit to how much you can add up?]
(b) Each member gets $1.50 to spend freely on anything they want every month, at the beginning of each month starting 08/2009. This money is allowed to accumulate. Please post in our General Discussion topic when you do so. [Should it be a bigger or lesser dollar amount? What about the monthly turnaround? Should there be a limit to how much you can add up?]
(c.1) Each member is allowed an extra vote every two months for DLC. This extra vote is allowed to accumulate. Rule #4 takes effect. (c.2) Each member is allowed an extra vote every three months for stand-alone PSN games. This extra vote is allowed to accumulate. Rule #2 will change into majority rules. [Should the monthly turnaround be changed? Should DLC and PSN be separated? How should we treat the rules that are already standing? Should we allow denial votes as well? Should denial votes be separate and longer to replenish?]

I'm thinking we should only choose one because we might end up spending a lot more than we did before. Instead of only one, we can also discuss making it a longer monthly turnaround for each. ALL of these should be kept updated on our Account Information thread so as not to forget.

Is there anything else? I think I might have had some other ideas but I'll need to look through the topic. I will also update it for five members soon or when we can agree on the rules for the four of us first.

Last edited by Hostile on Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hostile

Back to top Go down

Post  darabo Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:41 pm

Those rules look good Hostile however would the rules change much if we add a fifth member?

Also if we kept it at four members what would happen if we had a vote which resulted in a tie?

Also what is the status on the search of the fifth member? A fifth member means more funds with means more games (or longer intervals between refunding the account) and since there is a fifth slot open anyway it looks like wasted opportunity.

Not that I don't like the group, I really enjoy this group very much actually. Very Happy

darabo

Back to top Go down

Post  Hostile Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:07 pm

darabo wrote:Those rules look good Hostile however would the rules change much if we add a fifth member?

Also if we kept it at four members what would happen if we had a vote which resulted in a tie?

Also what is the status on the search of the fifth member? A fifth member means more funds with means more games (or longer intervals between refunding the account) and since there is a fifth slot open anyway it looks like wasted opportunity.

Not that I don't like the group, I really enjoy this group very much actually. Very Happy

I don't believe the rules would change by much. Maybe games in the $20-$29.98 range will be 4 or more votes while games $29.99 or over will need all votes. Maybe DLC for a game we don't all have will need 4 or more votes (might add dollar amounts for maybe DLC over $10). Stuff like that.

As soon as we finish up with the rule discussions, I can post in the CAG Gameshare topic. I will let them know our set rules, our past purchases (compatability), make sure they understand we rarely purchase DLC (hopefully Rule #5 will alleviate some fears), etc. I'll then try to find a long-standing, active CAG member we can trust. We have a lot of money to freely spend right now so I wouldn't feel comfortable with just anyone.

If everyone is okay with it, I also think we should all put our PSN IDs next to your names in the account information thread.

Hostile

Back to top Go down

Post  js1 Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:27 pm

It's a tough decision, I think I like the idea of (b) Each member gets $1.50 to spend freely on anything they want every month, at the beginning of each month starting 08/2009. This money is allowed to accumulate. [Should it be a bigger or lesser dollar amount? What about the monthly turnaround? Should there be a limit to how much you can add up?]

I think it can total up to 10 or 15 bucks(which ever amount it is the monthly amount would have to be either $1.50 or $2.00) . I think that's a well rounded total and not something that would break our bank each month, when someone decides to buy something. By allowing this it also gives each member the freedom to buy just about even the most expensive of DLC or PSN game. Good idea about putting in the PSN name as well. BTW I love this group as well! cheers

js1

Back to top Go down

Post  dragonmar1 Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:54 pm

I'm okay with all the rules. I also think 5b is the most fitting to me. I think the accumulation should not go beyond a year. If during month 13, the member does not purchase anything with his funds, i) the money goes back to the community bank OR ii) the person abstains from adding funds during the next/nearest fund collection. Just thinking...not crazy about choice (ii). What do you think about capping the collecting at a year's term.

dragonmar1

Back to top Go down

Post  Hostile Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:15 am

I don't think I need to ask but let's do it correctly:

MvC2: yes for me

Last edited by Hostile on Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hostile

Back to top Go down

Post  dragonmar1 Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:23 am

Yes for MvC 2.
I own the Dreamcast (japanese and US releases), xbox, and xbox360 live versions. But let's just do it one more time. Very Happy

dragonmar1

Back to top Go down

Post  darabo Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:05 pm

I agree on the cap for the "rolling over" of the $1.50 per month as well as the $6 every four months.

Also would it be possible to combine the $6 with the $1.50 to make one "mega purchase"?

I believe we already had an unofficial vote on this but lets do this out of formality.

Marvel Vs. Capcom 2: Yes

darabo

Back to top Go down

Post  js1 Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:30 pm

MvC2 Yes. I prefer the idea of building up the $1.50 up to a year(or capping it at a certain amount) I'm not so sure about the idea of 1.50+6 dollars because of the funds will go much faster if we do this.

js1

Back to top Go down

Post  js1 Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:49 pm

I'll go ahead and buy MvC2 and update the account info.

js1

Back to top Go down

Post  Hostile Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:41 am

It seems like we all agree on the following:

(b) Each member gets $1.50 to spend freely on anything they want every month, at the beginning of each month starting 08/2009. This money is allowed to accumulate. Please post in our General Discussion topic when you do so. [Should it be a bigger or lesser dollar amount? What about the monthly turnaround? Should there be a limit to how much you can add up?]

Is $1.50 with a limit of $15 fine for everyone? Or how about $2 with a limit of $16/$18/$20? If we do the $1.50 one, there's the cutoff at $9 that would make purchasing a $10 item suck. I'm thinking $15 or above is good because it'll allow you to spend $10 without needing to be rushed (most good DLC seem to be that price) but also allow you to purchase a few minor things.

darabo wrote:Also if we kept it at four members what would happen if we had a vote which resulted in a tie?

I forgot to answer this before. Ties always lead to denial of a purchase because it's majority rules/all or bust. I'm still thinking if we might want to implement an extra vote rule.

Hostile

Back to top Go down

Post  js1 Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:54 pm

I like the $1.50 up to $15 amount. You are right about the tie breaker thing as well, I'm not sure about the best way to go about? What about each time we come to a deadlock , each time that happens one member will get a deciding vote(extra vote), we can make it so each of us get the extra vote by taking turns each time this happens.

js1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next