CAG Gamesharing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Voting & discussion on games to purchase/General Discussion

5 posters

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

Voting & discussion on games to purchase/General Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: Voting & discussion on games to purchase/General Discussion

Post  dragonmar1 Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:36 am

js1 wrote:I am a yes for Noby Noby. Well, I had sent back my laser and have not heard back from the seller yet, I am actually contemplating getting a new 80gb system, that should have the dual laser setup and it should have the newer 65mm chips, so it should run cooler and user less power. I am having a hard time finding a decent seller of replacement lasers. I really don't want a similar model that is refurbed from sony.

I called GS yesterday and they said they do take broken systems and they only offered 85-90+the extra $25. Based on my searching on ebay, that's pretty close to what the units sell for on ebay. I might wait and see what happens as far as a price drop, I don't know. I really want to play killzone 2, which in hindsight I should have sold as soon as I had got it. I could trade in some of my games plus the system towards a new one @ GS. As much as I would hate to do that. That might be my main option.

If I get a new unit, I would have to back up everything and "deactivate" my old system and then "activate" the new one and that would allow me to access everything like how it was before?

Yeah, in theory that should be all you need to do. I think you can go ahead and download Noby Noby, since we're all 'yes'.

I'm sorry you have been through so much trouble trying to get this fixed. The refurbished unit I got from Sony is working well, so far. Of course, it's only been a month, so I can't say if it'll hold up over time. If it craps out on me again, and it's out of warranty, I definitely will not be sending it back to Sony.

Oh, and to continue my lucky streak as of late, my x360 RROD on me two days ago. I sorta expected that one, so I used my extended warranty, and only had to pay for the coffin to send it in.

dragonmar1

Back to top Go down

Voting & discussion on games to purchase/General Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: Voting & discussion on games to purchase/General Discussion

Post  Hostile Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:43 pm

js1 wrote:If I get a new unit, I would have to back up everything and "deactivate" my old system and then "activate" the new one and that would allow me to access everything like how it was before?

Pretty sure that's how you do it. The deactivation button is somewhere in account management I believe...

Hostile

Back to top Go down

Post  js1 Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:19 pm

Thanks guys. BTW can one of you add Noby to the account? I don't have my unit hooked up at the moment.

js1

Back to top Go down

Post  Hostile Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:19 pm

Can I change the address listed? I can make it so the group doesn't get charged tax (it's as easy as changing the state and zip code). I didn't make the purchase yet because of the tax.

Hostile

Back to top Go down

Post  js1 Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:23 pm

Yeah, that would be fine. Having no tax on the purchases would be great!

js1

Back to top Go down

Post  Hostile Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:52 pm

Alright. We're changed so we don't get charged tax now and I downloaded Noby Noby Boy. It's a surprisingly hefty download (360 MB).

Hostile

Back to top Go down

Post  js1 Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:35 am

Noby Noby is some weird shit! But in a good way! My kids really enjoy it. BTW, replacement laser #2 should be here this sometime this week.

js1

Back to top Go down

Post  js1 Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:38 am

Hey guys, what games are in your current rotation? For me it's No More Heroes and I'm going to start Zone of the Enders:The 2nd Runner. Unless I get my PS3 working then it will be a TON of Killzone 2 and finishing Fallout 3.

js1

Back to top Go down

Post  dragonmar1 Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:22 pm

Haven't really picked anything up for sure. Playing Flower on and off, and SF IV. I got some trophies in SF IV, but I'm not big into online gaming, and a whole lot of them can only be gotten that way. MLB 09 The Show just came out, but it's a huge time investment for me.
Looking for another adventure game after finishing Uncharted, but struggling trying to choose which one.

As for Noby, I played a bit and it's definitely 'out there'. Got some trophies, but even then couldn't convince myself to keep playing.

dragonmar1

Back to top Go down

Post  Hostile Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:22 pm

js1 wrote:Hey guys, what games are in your current rotation? For me it's No More Heroes and I'm going to start Zone of the Enders:The 2nd Runner. Unless I get my PS3 working then it will be a TON of Killzone 2 and finishing Fallout 3.

Team Fortress 2 and Left 4 Dead, both on PC. I'm just about finished with Flower when I get the Gold Trophy. I got 100% on Noby Noby Boy yesterday and I'll probably be done with it for now. Noby Noby Boy was certainly odd but somewhat fun and there were times that made me laugh.

Hostile

Back to top Go down

Post  js1 Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:41 pm

My PS3 seems to be working after replacement #2!Very Happy bounce bounce I will be extensively testing it before the 30 day warranty expires. This seller I bought this one from I saved event more when compared to the other. It cost me $66 U.S.(Brown Clip) versus $84.99 from Canada(sent White) and even cheaper versus SONY $150. It took me awhile to get the freaking refund from the Canada seller as well.

js1

Back to top Go down

Post  Hostile Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:01 pm

I'm happy that you're happy. Killzone 2 is supposedly some kind of awesome.

Hostile

Back to top Go down

Post  dragonmar1 Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:19 am

js1 wrote:My PS3 seems to be working after replacement #2!Very Happy bounce bounce I will be extensively testing it before the 30 day warranty expires. This seller I bought this one from I saved event more when compared to the other. It cost me $66 U.S.(Brown Clip) versus $84.99 from Canada(sent White) and even cheaper versus SONY $150. It took me awhile to get the freaking refund from the Canada seller as well.

Glad to hear it. If I ever need the expertise, I'll be sure to ask you where you got all the info to open it up, and fix it yourself. Very Happy

dragonmar1

Back to top Go down

Post  js1 Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:05 pm

Let's hope it never comes down to that. Wink

js1

Back to top Go down

Post  darabo Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:36 am

js1 wrote:My PS3 seems to be working after replacement #2!Very Happy bounce bounce I will be extensively testing it before the 30 day warranty expires. This seller I bought this one from I saved event more when compared to the other. It cost me $66 U.S.(Brown Clip) versus $84.99 from Canada(sent White) and even cheaper versus SONY $150. It took me awhile to get the freaking refund from the Canada seller as well.

That is awesome you have a PS3 that works again!

Now lets hope this one does not break...

darabo

Back to top Go down

Post  Hostile Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:31 pm

Finally bought a new PS3 game. SFIV!

Hostile

Back to top Go down

Post  darabo Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:07 pm

Is anyone getting RE5 for the PS3?

darabo

Back to top Go down

Post  dragonmar1 Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:52 pm

darabo wrote:Is anyone getting RE5 for the PS3?

I got it. Traded a few things into a local store, and also got it a few days early.

dragonmar1

Back to top Go down

Post  darabo Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:37 am

dragonmar1 wrote:

I got it. Traded a few things into a local store, and also got it a few days early.

Nice, how do you like the game?

I got the game from Best Buy a few moments ago, price matched it with the Toys R Us Ad and got a $20 giftcard.

darabo

Back to top Go down

Post  dragonmar1 Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:44 pm

darabo wrote:
dragonmar1 wrote:

Nice, how do you like the game?

I got the game from Best Buy a few moments ago, price matched it with the Toys R Us Ad and got a $20 giftcard.

I like the new graphics, but dislike having to worry about handling two set of inventories, and a bot AI that loves to waste bullets.
I hate the AI partner, but unfortunately I cannot plan play sessions over PSN since my play time is very limited, and wouldn't work for someone who wants to play the game everyday.

dragonmar1

Back to top Go down

Post  Hostile Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:33 pm

How would you guys like MAHJONG TALES, CUBOID or MAGIC BALL? It would appear I won a contest for them so I can put it on our shared account but I would prefer to keep it on my personal one so think about it first.

If one person would want Cuboid or Magic Ball on the account, I'll put them on. I really have no interest in MahJong Tales so I'll only do it if there's two (otherwise I'll sell it).

I'll give you guys two days since the start of this post to reply.

Hostile

Back to top Go down

Post  darabo Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:17 pm

Hostile wrote:How would you guys like MAHJONG TALES, CUBOID or MAGIC BALL? It would appear I won a contest for them so I can put it on our shared account but I would prefer to keep it on my personal one so think about it first.

If one person would want Cuboid or Magic Ball on the account, I'll put them on. I really have no interest in MahJong Tales so I'll only do it if there's two (otherwise I'll sell it).

I'll give you guys two days since the start of this post to reply.

It is your choice really, personally I do not care and to be honest I would most likely not download them if I was presented the opportunity.

So I say it is your call...

darabo

Back to top Go down

Post  js1 Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:42 pm

I think I'll pass. Thank you for at least asking us to see if we were interested. Very Happy

js1

Back to top Go down

Post  dragonmar1 Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:54 pm

Thanks for asking us. Mildly interested in Cuboid, but given my personal backlog it'd be a long time before I would even try it.

dragonmar1

Back to top Go down

Post  Hostile Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:09 pm

dragonmar1 wrote:Thanks for asking us. Mildly interested in Cuboid, but given my personal backlog it'd be a long time before I would even try it.

Bah, forget you then! tongue

Hostile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next