CAG Gamesharing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Voting & discussion on games to purchase/General Discussion

5 posters

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

Voting & discussion on games to purchase/General Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Voting & discussion on games to purchase/General Discussion

Post  darabo Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:38 am

Wow, I feel bad for both of you.

Is there anything I can do to help you guys?

You have my full cooperation Razz

darabo

Back to top Go down

Voting & discussion on games to purchase/General Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Voting & discussion on games to purchase/General Discussion

Post  js1 Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:46 pm

darabo wrote:Wow, I feel bad for both of you.

Just please be patient.. I can still play D/L games off of my hard drive, it's just the disk based games I can't play. I guess I could try to fix it my self since it's out of warranty right? It could be cheaper...

js1

Back to top Go down

Post  darabo Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:53 pm

js1 wrote:
darabo wrote:Wow, I feel bad for both of you.

Just please be patient.. I can still play D/L games off of my hard drive, it's just the disk based games I can't play. I guess I could try to fix it my self since it's out of warranty right? It could be cheaper...

There is a way to fix something like this?

darabo

Back to top Go down

Post  js1 Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:15 pm

I could either try opening the system and try cleaning the lens or checking around the net about replacing the lens and how much it costs.

edit: well, I decided to take it apart and clean the laser, got it back together, STILL would not read any disks. Sad

I'll just end up biting the bullet and getting a box from sony.

js1

Back to top Go down

Post  Hostile Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:41 pm

Good luck Sad

Hostile

Back to top Go down

Post  js1 Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:13 pm

Taking the system apart the 1st time and getting to the laser was not to difficult, I think I am going to just double check and see if anything in the system menu can fix it, if not the I will look into buy a laser replacement and fix it myself. I can save about $70-$90 compared to having sony do it.

js1

Back to top Go down

Post  dragonmar1 Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:41 pm

Good luck js1. My system (or refurbished replacement) should be getting here Tuesday or Wednesday. I'll post once I receive it back. In the meantime, I've been selling a few things on Ebay, and half.com to make up the expense.

dragonmar1

Back to top Go down

Post  Hostile Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:17 am

Putting it out there ahead of time.

Any interest in Burn Zombie Burn (video here) or Flower (screenshots)?

Hostile

Back to top Go down

Post  js1 Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:19 pm

Hostile wrote:Putting it out there ahead of time.

Not sure yet, waiting to see more about them. Are any you picking up Killzone 2 or RE5? I don't know which one I'll end up with first, I'm sure I'll end up with both at some point. Just have to get my shit fixed 1st..

js1

Back to top Go down

Post  Hostile Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:28 pm

A definite 'no' to RE5 because I don't play horror games and a 'maybe' to Killzone 2. I hope I'll have my time full with plenty of Street Fighter IV.

Hostile

Back to top Go down

Post  darabo Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:50 pm

js1 wrote:

Not sure yet, waiting to see more about them. Are any you picking up Killzone 2 or RE5? I don't know which one I'll end up with first, I'm sure I'll end up with both at some point. Just have to get my shit fixed 1st..

I will also have to see what to do in regards to the two PSN games.

If I can find a good deal on both Killzone 2 and RE5 than I will get them. Until then the KZ2 Amazon deal seems like the best option for me if I decide to get it on launch day.

Anyone going to get a demo code on Feb. 2nd?

Btw dragonmar and js1 is there any update in regards to your PS3s?

darabo

Back to top Go down

Post  dragonmar1 Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:59 pm

darabo wrote:
js1 wrote:

I will also have to see what to do in regards to the two PSN games.

If I can find a good deal on both Killzone 2 and RE5 than I will get them. Until then the KZ2 Amazon deal seems like the best option for me if I decide to get it on launch day.

Anyone going to get a demo code on Feb. 2nd?

Btw dragonmar and js1 is there any update in regards to your PS3s?

Well, js1 is still trying to replace his BD drive ( I think he's still having problems with that).
As for me, I got a refurbished unit back. I called Sony and they refused to deactive my old system. So, all my content is gone. They said that since every game can be downloaded to 4 different systems, there was no need for them to do anything. They also said that in the case I chose to activate the content on any other system, I will have to go deactivate it myself. I was nice the whole time, but they basically said that if my problem was at all related to gamesharing then they're simply not willing to help at all. Granted I never mentioned gamesharing, and simply said that I activated some of the content on my relative's ps3s.

Since gamesharing is essentially a losing proposition for them, they won't help. I think the only way we could get everything reset would be for js1 to say that his account became compromised (someone got a hold of his password or something along those lines). That way if everything gets reset on that account we would just need to activate the content. But again, this may not work. They really are very unfriendly, and nasty (at least to me when I called).

So, in short
Very Happy , if js1 can fix his drive problem, I would have to claim the 5th spot. If he cannot fix his problem...well, then I would simply drop out of the group. Having two of the ps3s die creates huge headaches with gamesharing. Especially if one's unable to deactivate the content.

dragonmar1

Back to top Go down

Post  Hostile Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:46 am

Well don't be too quick to drop out. I assume all of us added $20's worth of money into the collective wallet and there's still money available. The new games we download will still work for you. I also never downloaded my SSF2HD (joined a gameshare group previously for this game so it's an extra just in case) and Calling All Cars so if you have absolute love for them, I could give them to you.

Hostile

Back to top Go down

Post  dragonmar1 Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:53 pm

Hostile wrote:Well don't be too quick to drop out. I assume all of us added $20's worth of money into the collective wallet and there's still money available. The new games we download will still work for you. I also never downloaded my SSF2HD (joined a gameshare group previously for this game so it's an extra just in case) and Calling All Cars so if you have absolute love for them, I could give them to you.

Thanks Hostile. For the time being I've gone ahead and activated those two games back on my new console.

dragonmar1

Back to top Go down

Post  js1 Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:53 pm

I am just waiting on my income tax to come back(next week, maybe this week) and then I can order my laser. I cannot wait! I miss playing Fallout 3 and I can get around to playing the other games I got over the holiday season.

js1

Back to top Go down

Post  darabo Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:10 pm

Good luck with your PS3 you two.

Also good news everyone, I managed to get a code for the Killzone 2 demo so tomorrow all of us can download the demo.

darabo

Back to top Go down

Post  js1 Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:05 pm

Sweet! Let us know when you add it.

js1

Back to top Go down

Post  darabo Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:55 pm

js1 wrote:Sweet! Let us know when you add it.

The demo has been added to the account.

It is a short but sweet demo however the sensitivity was too low for me so I had to put it up almost all the way.

But overall it was a very short but awesome demo.

darabo

Back to top Go down

Post  js1 Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:32 pm

So I assume it's not playable online?

js1

Back to top Go down

Post  Hostile Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:05 am

js1 wrote:So I assume it's not playable online?

I doubt it. They had a multiplayer beta already.

Hostile

Back to top Go down

Post  js1 Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:52 pm

Yeah, it a short single player demo. It is pretty good though.

js1

Back to top Go down

Post  Hostile Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:23 am

I believe Flower's coming out this week. It got a favorable review @ 1UP.

Hostile

Back to top Go down

Post  dragonmar1 Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:34 am

Hostile wrote:I believe Flower's coming out this week. It got a favorable review @ 1UP.

Based on the review I'm up for it. I'm not sure if there's money in our wallet? Is that amount accurate js1?

dragonmar1

Back to top Go down

Post  js1 Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:23 pm

Yeah, it should be pretty accurate.I check it soon and update it, if it needs it. Based on the reviews I'm a yes on flower.

js1

Back to top Go down

Post  Hostile Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:33 pm

It looks like three 'yes' makes it a purchase.

You can check out a GiantBomb video look at Flower --here-- and a Kotaku micro-review --here--.

Hostile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next