CAG Gamesharing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rock Band II - Discussion Thread

5 posters

Page 6 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Go down

Rock Band II - Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Rock Band II - Discussion Thread

Post  mwestep Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:57 am

Link to all the Youtube videos of the new songs.

I am in the process of listening to them right now, but thought you guys might appreciate an easy to access list.

Only song I am interested in is the Airbourne and maybe dream theater song.

Everything else just really doesnt sound like a song, lol.

mwestep

Back to top Go down

Rock Band II - Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Rock Band II - Discussion Thread

Post  finsfan0210 Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:16 pm

votin for only 1 song this week and its
Airbourne – Runnin’ Wild

finsfan0210

Back to top Go down

Post  evergoo Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:53 pm

No to everything again.

I'd just like to clarify to my other members why I usually vote no to most songs. Unless they are must haves in my eyes, I will vote no. I'm pretty sure Rock Band DLC will start picking up steam post-RB II launch so I would like to save as much money as possible until must-have DLCs arrive (the term "must-have" is subjective, of course). Besides, I often find myself playing the same songs that I like, and rarely touching the metal/fast-paced songs since I do a lot of vocals. My taste is also highly geared towards classic rock all the way up until the 90s, since I don't really listen to modern music on the radio.

Anyways, just like to share my two cents. I hope my frequent "no's" don't upset you all.

evergoo

Back to top Go down

Post  mwestep Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:13 pm

Dont worry about it Evergoo. Everyone has their own right to their opinion.

mwestep

Back to top Go down

Post  finsfan0210 Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:52 pm

i just got madden 09 and the shinedown song devour is on it. A few weeks ago it was released and i voted against it but after hearing it 15 times its actually a really good song so i don't remember what the votes for it were but i'll change it to a yes.

finsfan0210

Back to top Go down

Post  gindias Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:29 am

I vote no to all the songs this week. I think Evergoo is on to something and they might be holding some stuff back for RB2 and the selection of must haves will pick up again. I am also more into pre 90's rock but my son turns me on to alot of new music so I can keep up with newer music that way. Like Pete Townshend wrote "Can't pretend that growing older never hurts" Lets hope they still allow us to share music when RB2 comes out.

gindias

Back to top Go down

Post  mwestep Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:15 pm

I am pretty positive that they will allow us to share it, but never know, things could change.

DLC will work for both RB1 and RB2.

But yeah, PS3 DLC sharing is the best thing since sliced bread. Its one of the bigger reason why I think that the PS3 is pretty much the best game system I have had.

mwestep

Back to top Go down

Post  StrandedBrit Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:11 am

I'll say yes to airbourne as well.

Which means this week we'll be getting Airbourne - Running Wild (3 votes) and Shinedown - Devour (finsfan change of heart catapults that song to 3 votes).
StrandedBrit
StrandedBrit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mwestep Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:04 am

Here are the new songs for next week

* "Girl U Want" - Devo (160 / $2)
* "Through Being Cool" - Devo (160 / $2)
* "Girls on Film" - Duran Duran (160 / $2)
* "Rio" - Duran Duran (160 / $2)
* "Get Your Rock On" - The Janitors (80 / $1)

And a link with all the youtube videos HERE!

I am in for Devo - Girl U Want and both Duran Duran songs.

As a side note, Girls on Film seems like a deceptively tough song. Playing bass guitar is going to be fun on this one.

mwestep

Back to top Go down

Post  finsfan0210 Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:07 pm

im voting for devo "through being cool" and duran duran's "rio"

finsfan0210

Back to top Go down

Post  gindias Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:05 pm

My vote goes to all of them.

gindias

Back to top Go down

Post  evergoo Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:41 pm

Nothing for me this week.

evergoo

Back to top Go down

Post  StrandedBrit Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:42 pm

Airbourne - Running Wild and Shinedown - Devour have been purchased (voted on earlier but not purhcased.)

For this week I'm for all the songs.

Vote totals are :-

* "Girl U Want" - Devo (3)
* "Through Being Cool" - Devo (3)
* "Girls on Film" - Duran Duran (3)
* "Rio" - Duran Duran (4)

Any objections to the 3 votes? If not we'll get these four tomorrow.
StrandedBrit
StrandedBrit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gindias Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:44 pm

Are they really making Moving Pictures available next week? I got an e-mail today and they said the whole album is listed for download next week.

gindias

Back to top Go down

Post  finsfan0210 Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:27 pm

i vote for the master recording of tom sawyer

I'll update this post once i listen to the other songs

finsfan0210

Back to top Go down

Post  mwestep Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:16 pm

Anyone else having trouble with Rio on guitar expert? Can easily full combo up until the hard part.. But once that hits, im a goner.

mwestep

Back to top Go down

Post  mwestep Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:21 pm

I am a really big Rush fan, and for me, Moving Pictures is one of their better albums... So... im good for all next week. Especially with the album discount, it will only be $1.57 per track compared to $1.99 each.

Here is a forum post that discusses the tracks, pricing, and also has the youtube videos of each song as well.

Here!!!

mwestep

Back to top Go down

Post  evergoo Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:10 am

Uhh...based on the Local Leaderboards, I think you're better than all of us. Lol. I only have a few higher than yours on guitar.

I usually play on Hard (medium is too easy) and can do some Expert. I haven't made that transition yet b/c Deep Purple's Highway Star and Green Hill And High Tides keeps kicking my ass. Crying or Very sad

I'll give the whole Rush album a listen but I can't say I was really impressed when their first DLC was released.

BTW, Girls on Film is pretty fun. Very Happy

evergoo

Back to top Go down

Post  mwestep Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:51 pm

Yeah, I am going to have to try to practice Rio some more... that solo comes out of nowhere. I usually play on expert if I can, although my combo/scores vary wildly.

I am having trouble on Highway Star and Green Hills as well on expert, I get to about 80% and I fluke out.

mwestep

Back to top Go down

Post  StrandedBrit Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:19 am

Looks like the Rush album is being delayed. No news on the new stuff today, although supposedly there will be stuff for today.
StrandedBrit
StrandedBrit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  evergoo Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:49 am

Harmonix just announced 6 full albums coming within the next upcoming months:

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74785

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Blood Sugar Sex Magik
Foo Fighters - The Colour and The Shape
Megadeth - Peace Sells... But Who's Buying
Stevie Ray Vaughn - Texas Flood
Jane's Addiction - Nothing's Shocking
No Doubt - special best-of pack

I'll definitely be voting yes for Monkey Wrench, Under the Bridge, Rude Mood, and some No Doubt (gf will love this).

evergoo

Back to top Go down

Post  StrandedBrit Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:17 am

This weeks stuff 8/28/08 :-

She Does - Locksley
Don’t Make Me Wait - Locksley
All Over Again - Locksley

EDIT: No to all this week.
StrandedBrit
StrandedBrit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  StrandedBrit Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:19 pm

evergoo wrote:Harmonix just announced 6 full albums coming within the next upcoming months:

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74785

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Blood Sugar Sex Magik
Foo Fighters - The Colour and The Shape
Megadeth - Peace Sells... But Who's Buying
Stevie Ray Vaughn - Texas Flood
Jane's Addiction - Nothing's Shocking
No Doubt - special best-of pack

I'll definitely be voting yes for Monkey Wrench, Under the Bridge, Rude Mood, and some No Doubt (gf will love this).

Did some indepth reading on this and it seems like those albums are actually coming to Rock Band 2! Which begs the question, I'm getting it but who else here is getting it?
StrandedBrit
StrandedBrit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  evergoo Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:53 am

Nothing for me this week and next week (PAX pack).

If it's only for RB2, wouldn't this alienate RB1-only owners from buying DLC for several weeks?

Anyways, I plan on getting RB2 but am not sure whether to get it new or used. Depends how impatient/patient I am.

evergoo

Back to top Go down

Post  mwestep Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:59 am

Definately getting RB2

mwestep

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next