CAG Gamesharing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion Thread

+2
buddah8640
bornrunnin31
6 posters

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Discussion Thread

Post  bornrunnin31 Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:12 pm

Greetings rock folk,

August 19th DLC is ready to be announced! This week we're hopping into the wayback machine and setting the dial for the early '80s. We've got a pair of tracks each from two of new wave's most influential and altogether awesome bands in Duran Duran and Devo! And as a special aside, the Devo tracks are new recordings from the band, made special for Rock Band! Each track goes for $1.99.

Also this week we present a track from the Janitors, "Get Your Rock On," which is featured on the American Mall soundtrack. That song will go for $0.99.

You'll be able to snag all of these tracks on the PlayStation Network Store on Thursday.

TRACKS:

Devo - "Girl U Want" (new original recording) - $1.99

Devo - "Through Being Cool" (new original recording) - $1.99

Duran Duran - "Girls on Film" - $1.99

Duran Duran - "Rio" - $1.99

The Janitors - "Get Your Rock On" - $0.99

All tracks are masters.

I'm going to vote NO on all of this week's material. Just not feeling it.

Last edited by bornrunnin31 on Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
bornrunnin31
bornrunnin31
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  buddah8640 Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:45 pm

I am a big YUP for these ones as well. Duran Duran, SWEEEEEEEEEET!!! I didn't realize Devo was still around, cool!
buddah8640
buddah8640

Back to top Go down

Post  bornrunnin31 Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:14 pm

Here's an interesting news story from destructoid. Apparently, there will be 6 full albums announced for Rock Band DLC by the end of this month. One of which will be available for purchase in the next two weeks.

On another note, our account has gone down to $5.85. I just added $10 while typing this post, so we actually have $15.85 to play with.
So if you have the time and the cash, could you please add your funds to the wallet? Remember to post here when you do!

Edit: Looks like the article was pulled. They also mentioned 3 of the genres which I remember one was metal but I don't recall the other 2 (maybe pop?). I also update our group info thread with our current wallet amount, how much everyone owes at this point, and all the songs we've purchased so far. Turns out we've purchased 81 songs so far. Awesome!
bornrunnin31
bornrunnin31
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MrBrando Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:51 pm

I'm down for the duran duran songs! Also there was a rumor that the next album was gonna be Rush, so we'll see.
MrBrando
MrBrando

Back to top Go down

Post  buddah8640 Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:09 pm

I just put $10 into the account, brings us up to $25.85. I should be square, right Born?
buddah8640
buddah8640

Back to top Go down

Post  bornrunnin31 Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:18 pm

Yea you're good buddah. I like all the quality music coming out, but hopefully it doesn't drain our wallet too fast.

Guess nikkai and supreme have been busy since we haven't heard from them this week, yet.
bornrunnin31
bornrunnin31
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Supreme Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:05 pm

I guess I wouldn't mind the Duran Duran tracks.

Supreme

Back to top Go down

Post  bornrunnin31 Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:37 pm

Alright, the two Duran Duran songs have been purchased! Looks like MrBrando's rumor was true and next week is Rush.

As we have announced in the first issue of the Rock Band Community Zine, next week's DLC - for Tuesday, August 26th, will be Rush's Moving Pictures.

Here's the track-list:

Tom Sawyer (Original Version)
Red Barchetta
YYZ
Limelight (Original Version)
The Camera Eye
Witch Hunt
Vital Signs

The album, which is comprised entirely of original master recordings, will be available for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 platforms and will cost $10.99 for the full album, or $2 for the individual tracks.

Not sure how I feel about this yet, since TS was on the disk and we have Limelight, plus YYZ was in GH.

Edit: Moving Pictures has officially been DELAYED, but according to a post on the RB forums, they're shuffling things around so we will still get something released this week. But what?
bornrunnin31
bornrunnin31
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MrBrando Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:39 am

eh, when it does come out I'm still gonna be a no on it
MrBrando
MrBrando

Back to top Go down

Post  bornrunnin31 Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:28 am

News on the incoming 6 albums was released today:

* Foo Fighters -- "The Colour and the Shape"
* Red Hot Chili Peppers -- "Blood Sugar Sex Magik"
* Jane's Addiction -- "Nothing's Shocking"
* Megadeth -- "Peace Sells... But Who's Buying"
* Stevie Ray Vaughn -- "Texas Flood"
* No Doubt -- "Special Rock Band Greatest Hits Compilation"

No release dates were mentioned.
bornrunnin31
bornrunnin31
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bornrunnin31 Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:08 pm

This week's DLC to replace the Rush album is from Locksley:

Locksley Pack 1 $3

* "She Does" - Locksley $1
* "Dont Make Me Wait" - Locksley $1
* "All Over Again" - Locksley $1

I'm a NO on all of this.
bornrunnin31
bornrunnin31
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MrBrando Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:32 am

yeah, I'm a no on those too. Also, I added my $10
MrBrando
MrBrando

Back to top Go down

Post  buddah8640 Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:05 pm

I am also a NO on the locksley pack, but what avbout the albums listed there. Damn, that look sweet. Especially the SRV, HELL YEAH. I am a big Foo Fighters fan as well. I can't wait till that stuff comes out!!
buddah8640
buddah8640

Back to top Go down

Post  bornrunnin31 Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:39 pm

So after re-reading the details, those albums are actually coming to Rock Band 2.

Since its coming in less than two months, who here is getting Rock Band 2? It'd be a lot easier to just keep this group going, rather then find some new peeps for that game especially since things have gone very smooth so far.

Next week's DLC courtesy of Destructoid:

Heather Wilson then revealed next week's Rock Band DLC, the "PAX Pack." Each track is 99 cents apiece, or you can pick up the entire pack for $3.00. A portion of the sales go directly to the Child's Play charity. The pack includes:

* "Skullcrusher Mountain" - Jonathan Coulton
* "Livin' on the Corner of Dude and Catastrophe" - MC Frontalot
* "Shhh…." - Darkest of the Hillside Thickets

I'm gonna vote a YES on this entire pack. It seems like a nice mix of music, and for only $3 (which part of goes to charity) it's hard to pass up.

Last edited by bornrunnin31 on Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total
bornrunnin31
bornrunnin31
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MrBrando Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:38 pm

I will def be getting rock band 2 the day it comes out!
MrBrando
MrBrando

Back to top Go down

Post  Supreme Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:15 am

Harmonix said Rock Band DLC will work with both games. They're just gonna keep churning out the DLC since it won't matter which game you own. I'm probably gonna preorder RB2 soon. It's def a day one purchase.

And I'm voting no on whatever packs I missed.

Supreme

Back to top Go down

Post  MrBrando Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:31 am

yeah, I'm a no on the Pax pack. I just know I'll never play those songs.
MrBrando
MrBrando

Back to top Go down

Post  bornrunnin31 Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:03 pm

The DLC for the week of Sept 9th will be a 3 pack from the metal band All That Remains. The track listing and pricing is below.

ALL THAT REMAINS 3 PACK - $2.99

THIS CALLING - $.99

CHIRON $.99

TWO WEEKS $.99

Two Weeks and Chiron are exclusive to Rock Band for one week before their new album Overcome is released on September 16th.

Each track will be available for a one month special offer of $.99 per track or $2.99 for the three-pack.

These tracks will be up on the PlayStation Network Store on Thursday.

All tracks are masters.

I'm a huge YES on this pack as well. ATR is one of my favorite bands Very Happy
bornrunnin31
bornrunnin31
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bornrunnin31 Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:07 am

A recent announcement from Harmonix regarding exporting RB1 tracks to 2, guitar compatibility, and the PAX pack.

Hi Everyone:

PS3 ROCK BAND DISC EXPORT TITLE UPDATE
First and foremost, we’re happy to announce that PS3 users will soon be able to export RB1 songs to their system in advance of the launch of RB2! A PS3 patch will be coming out this Thursday, September 11th, which will allow RB1 song export, in addition to updating DLC to our RB2 standards (so you can continue to rock the newer content in RB1 if you so choose!) This title update will also patch for the use of the Guitar Hero III Les Paul PS3 Controller with RB1 on the PS3. We're excited to release this, as controller compatibility is something we've been working towards for a long time.

This Rock Band 1 title update is set to come out next Thursday. As with the Xbox 360 Title Update, you will have to update Rock Band in order to play any DLC that is released after Thursday.

PAX PACK
This leads us to the PAX pack which was released yesterday on the PlayStation Store. Due to technical issues with the submission of "Livin on the Corner of Dude and Catastrophe" by MC Frontalot, users who downloaded that track or the entire pack found that they were not able to play this content in the game. Furthermore, downloading the pack meant that all 3 songs in the pack failed to load.

We're aware of this issue and are taking multiple steps to fix it. We are resubmitting the tracks to Sony today and hope to have fixed content up on the PlayStation store as soon as possible. Users will then be able to replace the broken tracks by re-downloading this content for no additional charge. If you don’t feel like re-downloading this content and can wait a week, the title update that is launching on 9/11 will fix it automatically. We appreciate your patience.

Again, we're dedicated to bringing you the best in weekly content for any music game out there. We're transitioning from single title Rock Band DLC to a cross-title DLC system which will allow you to play your DLC in both Rock Band 1 and Rock Band 2 DLC (an industry first!), so we hope you can be patient as we figure out the little hiccups here and there.

ROCK,
HMX Community, PR, and Audio
bornrunnin31
bornrunnin31
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MrBrando Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:29 am

I'm a no on this weeks pack
MrBrando
MrBrando

Back to top Go down

Post  buddah8640 Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:19 pm

I vote yes fpor this weeks material!
buddah8640
buddah8640

Back to top Go down

Post  bornrunnin31 Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:18 pm

Still waiting on nikkai and supremem about last weeks pack . . . . .but here's this week's coming attractions!

Hey all,

Posting this in the 10 minutes where I still have internet access (go internet tubes!) Next week we have two big packs for you. First we have the full album of Peace Sells…But Who’s Buying? from Megadeth. The 7 tracks on this full album release joining the title song which is on the Rock Band 2 disc.

Wake Up Dead
The Conjuring
Devil’s Island
Good Mourning / Black Friday
Bad Omen
I Ain’t Superstitious
My Last Words

Peace Sells…But Who’s Buying? will be available for $10.99 for the album, or $1.99 per track.

In addition we will also be putting out a Rock Band Tour 4-pack from bands on our Rock Band Tour kicking off in October.

“One of Those Nights” by the Cab
“Hands Down” by Dashboard Confessional-
“She’s a Handsome Woman” by Panic! At the Disco
“Natural Disaster” by Plain White T’s

All tracks in the Rock Band Tour Pack are $.99 or $3.99 for a limited time when they return to $1.99 per track or $6.99 for the full pack.

All tracks are original masters on both packs.

bornrunnin31
bornrunnin31
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bornrunnin31 Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:11 am

I'm a YES for the entire "Peace Sells. . . " album and a Yes for the Panic! at the Disco song. No to the other three.

If you haven't voted for last week's material, please do so.
bornrunnin31
bornrunnin31
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  buddah8640 Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:27 pm

I vote yes for Megadeth only this week. Sorry it took me so long to post my vote.
buddah8640
buddah8640

Back to top Go down

Post  MrBrando Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:43 pm

oops, sorry I thought I voted already, I vote for the album and the pack this week
MrBrando
MrBrando

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next