CAG Gamesharing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Group 2 Discussion

5 posters

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Group 2 Discussion - Page 34 Empty Re: Group 2 Discussion

Post  StrandedBrit Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:52 pm

Dudes I think I might end up with one trophy period. This stuff is hard.
StrandedBrit
StrandedBrit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Smiggity Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:01 pm

Word? It gets easier...Stay in the road! Let cars smack you back and forth.

Remaining Wallet ~$50

Files were small...
Smiggity
Smiggity

Back to top Go down

Post  bornrunnin31 Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:29 pm

the PAIN update when you boot up the game is taking forever for me. Just over 50% and its been going for a half hour. . . .
bornrunnin31
bornrunnin31
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hone Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:19 pm

there's no music wtf!

hone

Back to top Go down

Post  Smiggity Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:25 pm

hone wrote:there's no music wtf!

Huh?
Smiggity
Smiggity

Back to top Go down

Post  hone Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:17 pm

when playing jeopardy there's like no music

hone

Back to top Go down

Post  Smiggity Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:03 pm

Yeah its pretty much silent. It feels pretty cheap for a fifteen dolla holla. I mean, Elefunk was 5 bucks and It seemed to be of a much higher quality.
Smiggity
Smiggity

Back to top Go down

Post  Smiggity Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:16 am

So I backed up up PS3 HD yesterday, and was just wondering if that gets EVERYTHING or is there some other stuff I should be aware of.
Smiggity
Smiggity

Back to top Go down

Post  bornrunnin31 Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:18 am

Not to sure about what it backs up, all the important stuff like saves and gamedata. I think music/photos/videos as well.

Played around in the Amusement Park this morning. If that was the original level for PAIN, I bet it would've come off a lot better and had better sales. I don't know if I'll ever get a single trophy, they all sound so hard.
bornrunnin31
bornrunnin31
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Smiggity Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:38 am

Played Abusement Park for a few minutes, but probably wont play much until online MP comes. The game is a bore SP IMO.

The XMB trophies are waayyy harder than Ingame trophies

Last edited by Smiggity on Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Smiggity
Smiggity

Back to top Go down

Post  StrandedBrit Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:20 am

Yeah trophies are hit or miss. Warhawk will only have a handful of platinums on the planet because you'd have to play 24/7 for several months to become a general. The others are just dumb too but in the opposite regard. So far only SSHD and PJE have what I would consider a decent trophy set. I'm on the 5th level of Novastrike tearing my hair out. PAIN is a grind-a-thon.

Enclosure works well. I now have a 60GB External hooked up to my PS3 with just movies on it. Sweetness.

Hey hone, what's a decent pc setup these days. I've been out the loop for a while now. Desktop and laptop. AMDs caught up to Core2s yet?
StrandedBrit
StrandedBrit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bornrunnin31 Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:55 am

According to 1up.com WipeoutHD will be $20 when it hits PSN. Here's hoping its shareable, but if not I'll still be getting it! Now after reading the jostiq hands-on though, I'm a little disappointed that 6 of the 8 tracks are from Pure, which I own.

Also, gonna probably put down $5 for LBP today at GS so I can get myself a Kratos sackboy. Do you guys think if I redeem it in the group account then everyone can DL it for use in their personal account as well? Nevermind, right on the card at the bottom it says it can be redeemed on 5 PS3 consoles. So if anyone else wants to pre-order at BestBuy . . . . . That is unless the rumor about Nariko coming to GS too comes true (an employee told me that while I was there, posted about it in the LBP thread at CAG).

Edit: AHHHHHHH So I went to peel off the sticky thing on the card and it tore the paper too! So I've got 11 visible digits and half of the 12th. Are redeem codes on PSN usually 12 digits or am I missing 4 more?

Last edited by bornrunnin31 on Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
bornrunnin31
bornrunnin31
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hone Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:02 pm

StrandedBrit wrote:Yeah trophies are hit or miss. Warhawk will only have a handful of platinums on the planet because you'd have to play 24/7 for several months to become a general. The others are just dumb too but in the opposite regard. So far only SSHD and PJE have what I would consider a decent trophy set. I'm on the 5th level of Novastrike tearing my hair out. PAIN is a grind-a-thon.

Enclosure works well. I now have a 60GB External hooked up to my PS3 with just movies on it. Sweetness.

Hey hone, what's a decent pc setup these days. I've been out the loop for a while now. Desktop and laptop. AMDs caught up to Core2s yet?

what's a decent setup? mmm depends what you want to spend. I mean 2gb is sort of standard these days but if you can I'd shoot for 4gb of ram. anything in the $200 range should be good for vid card. 9800gt for nvidia and the 4850's for amd? I'd still recommend the core2s over amd phenoms. If you're not looking to spend too much there's this $699 pc coming out by ea/crytek called the crysis warhead pc. It's got a core2 2.66 (I think) 2gb of ram, 250gb hd, and a 9800gt.

hone

Back to top Go down

Post  Smiggity Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:25 pm

Wow, it seems the MP modes in PAIN update were gimped. What happened to darts? And I think another got cut as well. I guess it will be coming with online MP. Maybe that is why the AP was only 5.99....

The PAIN trophys are by far the coolest looking so far...
Smiggity
Smiggity

Back to top Go down

Post  bornrunnin31 Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:14 pm

was browsing the psn store and it said in one of the pain video descriptions there were supposed to be 6 new game modes with the AP. How many actually showed up?
bornrunnin31
bornrunnin31
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Smiggity Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:18 pm

I only saw 3 i think...Maybe there was more. I will peek around later...

All six were there. 3 MP and 3 SP game modes

I tore through a nice batch of PAIN trophies last night. Amusement Park you can go forever. In case anyone needs to know, to unlock After Hours you need to pull 3 levers near the rides.
Smiggity
Smiggity

Back to top Go down

Post  StrandedBrit Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:09 pm

Well I finally got like over a million on Abusement park (no trophy though). How do you unlock all modes though, same goes for paindemonium. I got block party on the first one, don't know how. Also how do you get more than a mil on paindemonium. Everytime I latch onto a car is goes nuts and crashes, same with the train.
StrandedBrit
StrandedBrit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Smiggity Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:53 pm

StrandedBrit wrote:Well I finally got like over a million on Abusement park (no trophy though). How do you unlock all modes though, same goes for paindemonium. I got block party on the first one, don't know how. Also how do you get more than a mil on paindemonium. Everytime I latch onto a car is goes nuts and crashes, same with the train.

Well, you get more points when they explode. One important thing to do is launch, and before hitting the ground you should have at least a 4x multiplier. Then go back and forth getting hit by cars, and hitting other stuff like the mailboxes, hydrant, so on. Remember as long as you are moving they will keep replenishing your ooch meter. So use the slanted parts in the amusement park to your advantage. Almost all the walkways are ramps so you should never stop moving.

Here goes- To unlock aftermath you need to get 1.5 million on paindemonium.

To get over a million on Paindemonium you need to launch into the subway(Located right next to the old lady) , ouch across the train tracks and into the metal grate on the other side. It is easier if you go down there once and blow up all the crates first. This will launch you super far behind your launcher. Hit around 5 or 6 of the explodable crates back there and you should have it. Remember to get two million you basically need a x20 multiplier so hit as much little random stuff during your runs.

There are other ways (grab the bowling ball down and let it launch you or the propane tank on top of the hotel) but the one above is the easiest IMO.

Also to get srtikes, use The Dude, hold L2 and X, and hit the bottom left of the front pocket. Your body/pins should take out the whole right column, and you can use your ooch to get the back row. The one that stays up the most if the back left corner, so ooch that way.

All this stuff is really hard to describe, so shoot me a chat invite if you are confused.

To unlock After Hours on Amusement park you need to flip any 3 switches. One behind AfroMan, One all the way to the top right launcher position, and one behind the tilt o whurl were the 3 I got.
Smiggity
Smiggity

Back to top Go down

Post  hone Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:35 am

wow that seems like a lot of work :/ I haven't even touched pain besides d/ling the update which kept timing out on me midway through. >:@ finally got it though.

SB are you coming on Monday? I know BR said he'd be late. I'm pushing for 9:30 start to try to quasi accomodate the PST people. Also, Smiggity you ought to pick up ut3 for $20 @ Target.

hone

Back to top Go down

Post  bornrunnin31 Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:08 pm

hone wrote:Smiggity you ought to pick up ut3 for $20 @ Target.

do it
bornrunnin31
bornrunnin31
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Smiggity Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:41 pm

I would if there werent so many games coming out in the next month. I already have to drop 120 on LBP and Socom. Plus R2 if I like the MP.

Anyways, I got my platinum throphy finally so I can send the game back this week SB. The last 10 or so chapters were not that bad. Glad it is over with. Uncharted is an A+ game, thats fo sho.
Smiggity
Smiggity

Back to top Go down

Post  StrandedBrit Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:12 am

Wipeout HD. $20. 9/25/08.

afro
StrandedBrit
StrandedBrit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Smiggity Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:18 am

After all this time... I remember back in April/May we were waiting for it. What upsets me a bit is that a quality game like that can come out for 20 bucks but a half ass jeopardy is 15...Oh well. What was that dude talking about in the CAG thread? New Mega Man for PSN on the same day?

Eye of Judgement getting trophies in October...Dont do it SB dont do it Very Happy Who am I to talk though, it seems I am just as addicted as you Razz
Smiggity
Smiggity

Back to top Go down

Post  StrandedBrit Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:18 am

Nah, EOJ isn't for me. I do likes da trophies, but there is a limit. I ain't getting Ferrari challenge either. Anyway I think you're the trophy leader right now ...

BTW hone, BFBC will be back with me this week.

Yeah I haven't heard anything, but I'm a yeah for Megaman too, and so is buddha. I think I remember he was semi-pumped for it.
StrandedBrit
StrandedBrit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Smiggity Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:04 am

Ya im done whoring myself out for trophies for now. We got Wipeout HD ones in 2 weeks.
Smiggity
Smiggity

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next