CAG Gamesharing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rock Band II - Discussion Thread

5 posters

Page 4 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Go down

Rock Band II - Discussion Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Rock Band II - Discussion Thread

Post  gindias Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:44 am

I will vote no for Weezer as well, and if nobody wants any of the Pixies Im cool with that also.

gindias

Back to top Go down

Rock Band II - Discussion Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Rock Band II - Discussion Thread

Post  evergoo Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:43 pm

Okay, I'll pass on the Pixies.

Below are next week's songs (July 3rd). I'm interested in nothing except the freebie.

Originally Posted by hmxsean
Hey everybody, next week for DLC we have the Crüefest Pack for $.99 per track (80 Microsoft Points) and a track from the movie "The Rocker" by Vesuvius absolutely free! Also check back on Monday and I may have some other news-type-stuff for you.

Tracks:
Crüefest Pack:
“Down At The Whisky” – Mötley Crüe
“Time Is Running Out” – Papa Roach
“Who’s Going Home With You Tonight” – Trapt

“Promised Land” - Vesuvius
(All tracks utilize the original master recordings)

Price:
Crüefest Pack:
$2.99 (240 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for the entire collection of tracks or 99¢ (80 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track

“Promised Land” – Free!

evergoo

Back to top Go down

Post  StrandedBrit Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:05 pm

No to Motley.
Yes to Papa Roach and Trapt.
StrandedBrit
StrandedBrit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  finsfan0210 Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:25 pm

im in for papa roach and the trapt song too

finsfan0210

Back to top Go down

Post  finsfan0210 Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:01 pm

I Found this on http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/885/885483p1.html
Looks like we are getting alot of songs by The Who.

Who's Heading to Rock Band
Guitars, prepare to be smashed.
by Ryan Geddes

July 1, 2008 - Rock Band will get an infusion of classic rock 'n roll this month when a 12-song collection of tracks by The Who makes its way onto Xbox Live and the PlayStation Network.

The tracks, including three live recordings from the band's Live at Leeds album, were chosen by MTV Games and Harmonix in consultation with Who members Roger Daltrey and Pete Townshend. Here's the full list of songs:

"Amazing Journey"
"Baba O'Riley"
"Behind Blue Eyes"
"Eminence Front"
"Going Mobile"
"Leaving Here"
"My Generation" (Live at Leeds – Rock Band edit)
"Real Good Looking Boy"
"Sea & Sand"
"Summertime Blues" (Live at Leeds)
"Who Are You"
"Young Man Blues" (Live at Leeds)

"We're really pleased to have our songs featured in Rock Band," said Roger Daltrey, lead singer of The Who. "It allows our established fan base to interact with our music in a way that's fresh and exciting, while also exposing our songs to new audiences."

In June 2007, MTV and Harmonix announced that The Who's Who's Next would be the first downloadable album for Rock Band. Instead, Judas Priest's Screaming For Vengeance took that slot in April. We're not sure if MTV and Harmonix still plan to release a full Who album, but it probably won't be Who's Next, as three of the songs announced today – Baba O'Riley, Behind Blue Eyes and Going Mobile – are on that record.

All tracks will be available for $1.99 (160 MS pts.), or the whole album can be purchased for $19.99 (1,600 MS pts.)

finsfan0210

Back to top Go down

Post  gindias Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:13 pm

I vote for Papa too, wow I cant believe they are putting Eminence Front up for download. That is one of my favorite Pete Townshend songs. I just never really thought of it being on Rock Band.

gindias

Back to top Go down

Post  StrandedBrit Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:48 am

I guess it is just Papa Roach this week. I'll download later today when I get off work unless someone else wants to do it. Post here when done.

EDIT: Papa Roach is downloaded. Login and get it!
StrandedBrit
StrandedBrit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  evergoo Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:35 pm

Here are my votes for the upcoming two weeks:

07/10/08
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Snow (Hey Oh)

07/17/08 (may add more)
My Generation
Baba O'Riley
Summertime Blues
Real Good Looking Boy
Behind Blue Eyes

evergoo

Back to top Go down

Post  StrandedBrit Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:32 am

Yeah this weeks tracks are :-

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Snow (Hey Oh)
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Tell Me Baby
Rush - Closer to the Heart
Rush - Working Man (Vault Edition) alternate-take master

I vote for yes to both RHCP tracks.

As for next week, I'm not really a The Who fan so I'll abstain for the moment.
StrandedBrit
StrandedBrit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  finsfan0210 Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:59 am

i vote for the 2 rhcp songs

finsfan0210

Back to top Go down

Post  gindias Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:13 pm

I vote for both Rush tunes, not the best selection but its Rush. I will also vote for both of the chili tunes as well.

gindias

Back to top Go down

Post  StrandedBrit Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:54 am

I guess it's both RHCP songs this week. I'll download later when I get home unless someone else does it first.

EDIT: RHCP downloaded!
StrandedBrit
StrandedBrit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  evergoo Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:57 am

We now have $52.30 after depositing mwestep's share.

Don't forget to welcome him to our group guys!

evergoo

Back to top Go down

Post  StrandedBrit Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:10 am

mwestep, you should now have permission to post in this group. PM me either here or CAG if you have any problems.

Welcome aboard! Very Happy
StrandedBrit
StrandedBrit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mwestep Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:53 am

Hey guys, glad to be a part of it. I would love to add everyone to my psn friends list, so if you guys could, either pm me here, list your psn id, or message me in ps3 (psn id "mwestep"). After I download all the songs, I probably will purchase a few more. I will add money to the account to pay for these.

I just thought that since they are things I would be buying anyway, I would share them with the group. These are the planned list of songs so far, with possibly a few more depending on the mood when I check out.

juke box hero
joker and the thief
roxanne
my iron lung
siva
hysteria

mwestep

Back to top Go down

Post  mwestep Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:07 pm

Alright, ended up putting $40 in the wallet and downloaded these new songs.

"Beethoven's C***" Serj Tankian
"Hysteria" Muse
"Joker & the Thief" Wolfmother
"My Iron Lung" Radiohead
"Roxanne" PoliceThe Police
"Siva" Smashing Pumpkins
"Still Alive" GLaDOS (was free)
"Moving in Stereo" The Cars
Pixies Doolittle Album
NIN Pack 1
"Juke Box Hero" Foreigner

Ending wallet amount was $.40 less than the starting. Couldn't really put in exact amounts so I just left it at that.

mwestep

Back to top Go down

Post  StrandedBrit Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:38 pm

Thanks dude.

Updated other thread with all the details.
StrandedBrit
StrandedBrit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  evergoo Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:56 am

mwestep wrote:Alright, ended up putting $40 in the wallet and downloaded these new songs.

"Beethoven's C***" Serj Tankian
"Hysteria" Muse
"Joker & the Thief" Wolfmother
"My Iron Lung" Radiohead
"Roxanne" PoliceThe Police
"Siva" Smashing Pumpkins
"Still Alive" GLaDOS (was free)
"Moving in Stereo" The Cars
Pixies Doolittle Album
NIN Pack 1
"Juke Box Hero" Foreigner

Ending wallet amount was $.40 less than the starting. Couldn't really put in exact amounts so I just left it at that.

DAMN that's impressive. Didn't know that we were missing a lot of your songs. Anyways, much thanks.

evergoo

Back to top Go down

Post  mwestep Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:30 pm

Yeah, it was just a lot of songs that I was wanting. I was thinking abuot only buying 5 or 6 of the pixies songs, but the whole album would have only cost about $6 more.... for 8 more songs. It was worth it for me.

Side note, that I had NO idea that the portal song was on Rock Band. I was thoroughly impressed that they had it on their. It is such a good song (Still Alive by GLadOS)

Moving in Stereo song, I pretty much had to have it. Besides it being a song that is cool as all hell, it features phoebe cates of fast times at ridgemont high.

mwestep

Back to top Go down

Post  finsfan0210 Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:42 pm

my psn id is thedolphinsrule and damn thats alot of songs

finsfan0210

Back to top Go down

Post  mwestep Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:57 pm

IGN list of the Rock Band 2 songs

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/888/888785p1.html

Side question... All the equipment for Rock Band 1 will work with Rock Band 2, correct?

As for Thursday...

IGN Preview of The Who trackpack coming this Thursday (19.99 for full album - 12 songs)

July 14, 2008 - Way back in June 2007, MTV Games and Harmonix announced that Rock Band's first full downloadable album would be The Who's Who's Next, widely considered one of the best rock albums of all time. But when you mix the music biz with the videogame industry, anything can happen, and that promise fell by the wayside.

While the Rock Band team worked behind the scenes to get a Who album into the game, Judas Priest's Screaming For Vengeance became the first full album to make its way into Rock Band, followed soon after by The Pixies' Doolittle. And although a full Who album has yet to be announced, MTV Games and Harmonix recently announced something nearly as good – a downloadable collection of 12 Who songs, many of which are featured on Who's Next.

Here's a list of the songs, which will be available both as a single download at $19.99 (1600 MS pts.) or individually at $1.99 (160 MS pts.) :

"Amazing Journey"
"Baba O'Riley"
"Behind Blue Eyes"
"Eminence Front"
"Going Mobile"
"Leaving Here"
"My Generation" (Live at Leeds – Rock Band edit)
"Real Good Looking Boy"
"Sea & Sand"
"Summertime Blues" (Live at Leeds)
"Who Are You"
"Young Man Blues" (Live at Leeds)

MTV Games and Harmonix were sporting enough to send the Who track pack our way early, so we picked up our most beat-up instruments and hit the stage to wow our legions of adoring fans. We started with "My Generation," which is nearly impossible to sing well on the first try unless you're familiar with the Live at Leeds version, recorded in 1970 after the Tommy tour. But the energy of "My Generation" is great, and sports a killer bassline.

After that, we fired up "Who Are You" and pretended we were in a CSI episode. A good all-around track, this one's fun on all instruments, if not particularly challenging. After that, it was on to "Behind Blue Eyes." There are too few ballads in Rock Band, and this track goes a long way toward making up for it. It's fun to sing, but the drum part is probably the most boring in Rock Band. While the crooner in your group is belting out the tear-jerking tune, the drummer can get up to grab another beer.

Speaking of substance abuse, The Who was known for its wild rock n' roll lifestyle, and the Rock Band devs have piled lots of info about the band onto the loading screens with these new songs. There are tons of cool facts about Keith Moon, Pete Townshend and the rest of the group to keep your interest during some of Rock Band's long load times.

Before we smashed our instruments to round out our session, we tried a few more tracks – "Baba O'Riley," "Summertime Blues" (Live at Leeds) and "Real Good Looking Boy." The first was great on vocals but surprisingly a bit of a dud on guitar; the second was fun in that muddled-sounding live performance way; and the last was a solid ballad with few surprises.

Overall, the new Who pack, which hits Xbox Live Marketplace on Tuesday and the PlayStation Network on Thursday, is a strong addition to Rock Band. These are classics every one, but personally I would probably cherry-pick my favorite tracks from these 12, about half of which would instantly make the cut. But if you're a huge Who fan wondering if this pack does the group proud, we can happily report that it does. Here's hoping Quadrophenia is next on MTV Games and Harmonix' list.

mwestep

Back to top Go down

Post  gindias Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:03 pm

Welcome to the group, I added you to my friends list. If you get any messages like "djiwllsajkkdjio" thats my youngest playing around and not me Laughing She plays on my account and sometimes likes to write her cousin, only problem is that she can't read or write yet, but she can play the RB drums pretty good.

gindias

Back to top Go down

Post  evergoo Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:21 am

Below are my final votes for The Who pack. Never really was a fan of them but was very surprised at how good there library was after listening to all 12 songs.

My Generation (only song I recognized by title, sadly)
Baba O'Riley (heard it but had no idea it was from them)
Who Are You (ditto)
Summertime Blues (cover of a classic '50s song)
Real Good Looking Boy (great rock ballad, reminds me of singing Simple Man)
Behind Blue Eyes (nice change in pace 3/4 through the song)

evergoo

Back to top Go down

Post  StrandedBrit Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:38 pm

The Who pack is up in the store.

We need a vote count.

I'm a no for all.
StrandedBrit
StrandedBrit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gindias Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:14 pm

I vote for all of them.

gindias

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next