CAG Gamesharing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rock Band II - Discussion Thread

5 posters

Page 10 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

Rock Band II - Discussion Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Rock Band II - Discussion Thread

Post  evergoo Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:42 pm

StrandedBrit wrote:Concerning RB2, I've been playing a bit lately. My skills suck though. Horrible on vocals and drums mostly cos I don't like playing either. I generally only play guitar and have pretty much mastered medium, yet a little hesistant to go on up to hard yet. I wouldn't mind doing some online, but as a general game-a-holic there's tons of online stuff I do and hence setting up a time might be tricky.

I personally wouldn't worry about skill level. I think the main idea of playing together is to have a fun time. mwestep and I didn't really care that much about stars as long as you don't fail often (change difficult accordingly). As for instruments, I don't mind playing vocals or guitars but I can't do drums because I have none.

P.S. But you own SingStar! That should mean something!!

evergoo

Back to top Go down

Rock Band II - Discussion Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Rock Band II - Discussion Thread

Post  StrandedBrit Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:57 am

SingStar and RB Vocals are different fish to me. When I have SingStar going with a group of people everyone sings at least something I have. When I get RB going you have to push to get someone on the Mic. I just don't think it's RBs forte to be honest.

But yeah if we can get something I'll do any of the 4. I'll be doing easy on drums and mic though. Medium on bass, and I could probably go hard on guitar, maybe.

I'm guessing finsfan is on vacation. Smile
StrandedBrit
StrandedBrit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  finsfan0210 Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:20 pm

sorry im back i just added 20 bucks to the walley plus i'll add my picks for last week and this past week's songs tommorrow

finsfan0210

Back to top Go down

Post  evergoo Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:50 pm

Hey StrandedBrit and mwestep,

mwestep and I are communicating thru AIM right now. What do you wanna play? I don't mind doing vocals if you want guitar or bass. Play on any difficulty you feel comfortable with, StrandedBrit. Smile

Actually, I will host. Make sure to check your invites.

Edit: Waiting on mwestep to finish one more song from his challenge. Give him 3 minutes.
Edit2: Sorry for the boot. mwestep chose the wrong difficulty. Lol.

Last edited by evergoo on Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:04 pm; edited 3 times in total

evergoo

Back to top Go down

Post  StrandedBrit Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:52 pm

Seriously I don't have a preference on songs. I'll play whatever. If anything I'd have to choose System of a Down, but that's it.
StrandedBrit
StrandedBrit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mwestep Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:05 pm

lets jump on mibbit.com

put in your nickname... then join #rockband2

mwestep

Back to top Go down

Post  StrandedBrit Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:22 pm

Nice few songs, but sorry I gotta go for now. I'll catch up with you guys later. Sorry about the communication but my PC is actually not near the PS3 ... Crying or Very sad

EDIT: Songs for this week (Nov 6th)

Presidents of the United States of America- Dune Buggy
Presidents of the United States of America- Feather Pluckn
Presidents of the United States of America- Ladybug

Hinder - Use Me
Fallout Boy - I Don't Care
StrandedBrit
StrandedBrit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  evergoo Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:42 pm

Hey Guys,

The AC/DC Track Pack is gameshareable!

How many of you are interested in the game? I know mwestep and I vote yes for it. If we do get a majority vote, I think the buyer should receive credit towards the Rock Band account. That is the total cost should equal his payment for future DLC.

By the way, we should also be receiving the 20 free DLC this week. Can I be the only one that uses my voucher (on our account)? I wanna see if it's gameshareable.

evergoo

Back to top Go down

Post  mwestep Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:59 pm

go get it boys... AC/DC is LIVE (no pun intended)

mwestep

Back to top Go down

Post  finsfan0210 Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:30 pm

so im voting for the blink 182 song from last week but its a no to everything else from the past 3 weeks.

Edit- Voting for the hinder song for this week

Last edited by finsfan0210 on Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:46 pm; edited 2 times in total

finsfan0210

Back to top Go down

Post  finsfan0210 Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:31 pm

could one of us rent it or is it only avaibable at wal-mart?

finsfan0210

Back to top Go down

Post  evergoo Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:14 am

finsfan0210 wrote:could one of us rent it or is it only avaibable at wal-mart?

mwestep already bought it and it's available for download on our account. It's a Wal-Mart exclusive and is also sold at rockbandstore.com. By the way, Blockbuster does not have this game in their system.

I assume someone else in our group also wants the AC/DC Track Pack besides mwestep and I? mwestep is currently trying to get rid of it on eBay to recuperate the costs and then deposit the eBay earnings back into our account. The difference will be part of his future account credit (e.g. $43 - eBay earnings = mwestep's credit).

Last but not least, I vote no to everything this week.

evergoo

Back to top Go down

Post  StrandedBrit Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:25 am

Don't really care for ACDC, but do agree on him having credit for it.

Looks like Blink 182 is a go for download whoever wants to do that, and Nirvana ended up with 2 yay, 2 nay and 1 vote for the winner. So it's even steven which I guess means a No vote without a clear majority.
StrandedBrit
StrandedBrit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  evergoo Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:26 am

So it's a 2-2-1 tally for Nirvana. Either one of switches sides or Gindias makes up his mind on yay or nay.

I don't mind compromising by downloading only 3 of the 7 songs.

evergoo

Back to top Go down

Post  mwestep Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:25 pm

The 20 free songs are up for download, if you haven't yet, you need to register your copy of rock band 2 at register.rockband.com I registered mine last night and got the code this afternoon, downloading now.

Your code is on the back of the rock band instruction manual.

Also, the foo fighters - colour and the shape looks like it is next weeks dlc.

I am definately in for this one. It was the first cd i ever bought, and the songs are awesome

mwestep

Back to top Go down

Post  evergoo Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:00 pm

I just claimed my voucher for the 20 Bonus Downloadable Tracks onto our main account. Feel free to try to download them from here since I am curious to see if it is gameshareable as well as if RB1-only users can use them. Btw, who here doesn't own RB2 yet?

DLC for 11/13: The Foo Fighters' "The Colour and the Shape" ($1.99 each or $19.99 for the album)

1. "Doll"
2. "Monkey Wrench"
3. "Hey, Johnny Park!"
4. "My Poor Brain”
5. "Wind Up"
6. "Up in Arms"
7. "My Hero"
8. "See You”
9. "Enough Space"
10. "February Stars”
11. "Walking After You”
12. “New Way Home”

Link to preview the songs: http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97822

evergoo

Back to top Go down

Post  evergoo Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:14 am

I've listened to all the Foo Fighters songs multiple times and here are my picks. I might add more as time passes depending on if the other songs grow on me.

2. Monkey Wrench (most anticipated song)
3. Hey, Johnny Park! (never heard; instantly liked upon first hearing)
6. Up in Arms (never heard; slow then super fast tempo)
7. My Hero (will be fun to sing)

evergoo

Back to top Go down

Post  gindias Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:01 am

Ok here is what I will pick for Nirvana. I also like the Blink song as well, as for the Foo Fighters I will vote yes to the whole album or any songs from that album we decide. I will look into these track packs they have up and post later on them. I will drop $20 in this week $10 to help offset the AC/DC pack and $10 because I only added $10 last week, I just need to hit blockbuster they seem to be the only ones with the $20 cards around here.

Breed
Lounge Act
On a Plain
Stay Away
Territorial Pissings

gindias

Back to top Go down

Post  evergoo Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:38 am

Shouldn't we might as well buy the whole Nirvana album since it's $10.99? 2 folks voted for the whole album, Gindias voted on 5 songs, and 2 voted no.

If we stick with Gindias' 5, we would only save $1. If we buy the album, we'd get 2 more songs for the price of $1. The Nirvana dilemma continues...

evergoo

Back to top Go down

Post  mwestep Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:34 pm

I would wait until we find out how much i am getting from the ac/dc track pack. Hopefully I will get around $30 for it.

mwestep

Back to top Go down

Post  mwestep Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:11 pm

Looks like I got exactly $30 for it. so i guess I am $10 up?

mwestep

Back to top Go down

Post  StrandedBrit Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:55 am

1. To all that don't know, the Blink 182 song is available to download.

2. I vote yes for all Foo Fighters tracks.

3. Gindias, mwestep bought the ACDC for ~40 and sold ~30 hence it really only cost him around 10. That means he gets to skip one round of account payments for his effort. No need to put in extra for ACDC etc.

4. mwestep. Yup you're up $10. I'll update the other thread to reflect.

5. I'd say Nirvana pack needs a revote. 4 person majority needed. It's either a yes or no for the whole album. IMO. What you guys think?
StrandedBrit
StrandedBrit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  StrandedBrit Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:26 pm

My luck! My PS3 died.

Can one of you guys get me the account details and PM me. email, password, address, name etc.

EDIT: evergoo can you do the same for the Buzz group?
StrandedBrit
StrandedBrit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  evergoo Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:42 am

1. For Nirvana, I don't think we should change the rules and make it a 4-person majority. 3 should be fine as long as they vote Yes or No for the ENTIRE album. Once again, I vote NO.

2. Since 3 people voted yes to Foo Fighters, it looks like we're downloading the whole album.

3. To compensate for mwestep's generosity, I will deposit $5 extra and let him download 2 songs of his choice. As for a third song, I will download Hier Kommt Alex. I have a $1 credit from a long time ago when I bought I Fought The Law and Fortunate Son.

4. PM sent, StrandedBrit. What happened to your PS3 by the way?

5. Last but not least, where is the group love? mwestep and I look forward to a full band experience but it doesn't seem that you guys wanna play with us on Saturdays. Sad My AIM is evergoo03 and my Skype is evergoo.

evergoo

Back to top Go down

Post  StrandedBrit Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:03 am

1. Agreed then. In which case I guess Gindias should either vote yes or no to nirvana's whole album to break the deadlock.

4. My PS3 got the red blinking lights of death. Caput. I'm getting it serviced. It'll be out of commission for a few weeks. Just to let you all know though that if they don't send me back my original unit, which is likely as it seems to be a power/heat issue, I'll have to call sony to deactive all my gameshare accounts including this one as that will be the only way I'll be able to get access to the group again. When that happens you'll all temporarily not be able to download/access gameshared conent. All that you'll need to do is go into the gameshare account and activate it and everything will be OK. I'll post more about this when the time comes.

5. Saturdays are generally bad for me. Week nights would be best for me. Problem for right now is a dead PS3, but even when it comes back I have such a backlog of games it's hard to schedule a time. And then after that we have the time zone issue as it seems when you guys get on, I'm ready to call it a day.

EDIT: goo, check your PMs at CAG I need your help!
StrandedBrit
StrandedBrit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next