CAG Gamesharing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Group 2 Discussion

5 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Group 2 Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: Group 2 Discussion

Post  StrandedBrit Thu May 08, 2008 10:44 am

So .... BR and Smog what you thinking about GTA single player? I'm into the second island and I'm having a hard time motivating myself to keep going. Missions have become stale to me. Same old shite and the plot advancement has been minimal. Oh well at least the MP is decent.
StrandedBrit
StrandedBrit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Smiggity Thu May 08, 2008 11:08 am

Ya the SP feels like same old same old...I havent been able to get into the story really, which kind of surprised me. But I guess how many times can you really drive to point A, chase enemy, shoot down enemy and return to point A. It just feels a bit old. I applaud R* for making an innovative MP side to it, and that is where I will get my value out of the game...So, anyone up for some 4 person Haze Coop after the demo hits?
Smiggity
Smiggity

Back to top Go down

Post  StrandedBrit Thu May 08, 2008 1:30 pm

No PJM bundle. Crying or Very sad Sorry BR.

Someone DL the expansion though.
StrandedBrit
StrandedBrit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Smiggity Thu May 08, 2008 1:59 pm

I am on it!!
Edit-Snagged. $29.13 left in our account
Smiggity
Smiggity

Back to top Go down

Post  bornrunnin31 Thu May 08, 2008 2:16 pm

Oh well, I'll get PJM some day. I just started my summer job today so I'll have money soon. GTA SP I really haven't gotten into yet. I keep getting distracted or just jump straight to MP because people are on and playing. Especially since I haven't had time to game lately until late at night which is when all the MP action is going down.

Just name a time for Haze and I should be there. Going to play some basketball at 6pm with some former high school friends tho, so itll have to be later.
bornrunnin31
bornrunnin31
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hone Thu May 08, 2008 7:52 pm

watched the mirror's edge trailer today. looks badass like fps version of prince of persia in modern times.

hone

Back to top Go down

Post  Smiggity Thu May 08, 2008 8:06 pm

Parkour is the shit!!!
Smiggity
Smiggity

Back to top Go down

Post  StrandedBrit Fri May 09, 2008 9:21 am

Played some PJM - Encore last night and it's more of the same. Sweet! This should keep me occupied for a while.
StrandedBrit
StrandedBrit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Smiggity Fri May 09, 2008 9:35 am

Im gonna have to find a new PJM co-op buddy since I am back home now...Wish it had online coop. Anyways, whats up with the ranking system? I was looking at my score for the 1st island, and i should be in the top 20 but Im not there..Weird. Maybe I wasnt signed in for every level or something..Damn it took me and slash over 20hrs to get all those fucking rainbows..

Edit-Can u go to the second island if you didnt beat the first? (I have not played any of the 1 player mode)
Smiggity
Smiggity

Back to top Go down

Post  hone Fri May 09, 2008 11:06 am

yeah you get to pick your island

hone

Back to top Go down

Post  Smiggity Fri May 09, 2008 11:31 am

Sweetness...Dude, i got my wisdom teeth out yesterday and it has been torture. Cant eat and cant smoke...Well there goes half my life.

Anyways, hone u done with finals now?
Smiggity
Smiggity

Back to top Go down

Post  StrandedBrit Fri May 09, 2008 11:40 am

Smiggity wrote:Sweetness...Dude, i got my wisdom teeth out yesterday and it has been torture. Cant eat and cant smoke...Well there goes half my life.

Dude I remember those coming out. Time to get hooked on pain killers! And baby food! Razz
StrandedBrit
StrandedBrit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hone Fri May 09, 2008 12:02 pm

nope, got a final tomorrow from 2-5

hone

Back to top Go down

Post  bornrunnin31 Fri May 09, 2008 2:54 pm

Had my wisdom teeth done four years ago. Not a pleasant experience.

Anyway here's some hot info on the next SSHD add-on bounce
http://www.joystiq.com/2008/05/09/joystiq-hands-on-super-stardust-hd-versus-mode/
bornrunnin31
bornrunnin31
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Smiggity Fri May 09, 2008 2:56 pm

Right!! Im popping 750 mg Vikes like skittles over here..Dentist wouldnt give me the 1000 mg ones so now i just take more! Actually, im gettin kinda dizzy drunken drunken lol
Smiggity
Smiggity

Back to top Go down

Post  StrandedBrit Sun May 11, 2008 6:48 pm

Hey Hone, really curious to hear what you think about Folklore. Not sure how far in you are, but yeah give me some thoughts.
StrandedBrit
StrandedBrit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hone Sun May 11, 2008 10:29 pm

i'm on chapter three w/ ellen. finished chapter two w/ keats. It was my 2nd ps3 game so I played it a lot when I first got it. I think it's a neat game, feels like pokemon though. Collect all the creatures kind of thing. I think the combat is ok, sure beats turned based stuff. Feels sort of like an action/adventure game in a way like the combat in say zelda. I like the variety in creatures and such and the different attacks you can do. I hate the level up stuff of the creatures though makes it feel like a huge grind fest. I detest grinding. In a way it's way too linear though. The quests and such seem pointless.

hone

Back to top Go down

Post  StrandedBrit Mon May 12, 2008 5:26 am

OK, give me more impressions if/when you get to level 4/5.
StrandedBrit
StrandedBrit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hone Mon May 12, 2008 10:19 pm

dude, the rest of you fools (br and smiggity) need to pick up UT3. This last UT3 night was intense/kicking. SB will back me up on it. I got my $2x worth for sure.

hone

Back to top Go down

Post  StrandedBrit Tue May 13, 2008 5:27 am

*backs up hone*

Well worth it. The more I play the more I'm impressed. Level variety, graphics etc. Maybe we do some co-op this friday?? Cool
StrandedBrit
StrandedBrit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hone Tue May 13, 2008 8:23 am

I'd be up for it, do the cut scenes play when you do the campaign. As bad as the story line is I sort of want to scene how it pans out. We should see what everyone wants to do, if the turnout is low we should just do the cmapign coop.

Man the levels with water look so nice. You should see some of these other maps I've been checking out. Like Krodan is gorgeous. I think the user content thing had a little hitch but went fairly well. If we introduce new content every few weeks or so it should keep the game fresh.

Also, Gamefly has it for $20 according to the cag video game deals.

hone

Back to top Go down

Post  Smiggity Tue May 13, 2008 10:42 am

Meh....Considering my gaming time is drastically reduced in the summer, and when I do play it is usually with company and offline, it makes no sense for me to pick it up b/c I would probably make it to like 1 or 2 CAG nights and thats it...I know its only 20, but it would essentially be a waste. Not trying to be Debbie Downer just letting you know why. Plus I am still trying to track down the OB

On a brighter note, what do you guys think of B:BC thats coming next month? Kind of looks like a FPS warhawk with the vehicles and bigger maps and what not. It will be interesting to see how destructible environments influence online gameplay.I will probably skip Haze since it is too much like Halo IMO and probably grab this and MGS4 and be set until late July/August.....
Smiggity
Smiggity

Back to top Go down

Post  StrandedBrit Tue May 13, 2008 11:38 am

Why no time Smog? Work?

Me, I've become a gaming whore lately. I've got Dark Sector arriving today hopefully. I getting Skate in a trade in the next few days too. Traded for FEAR too, get that next week (anyone got any impressions on this???). Then new stuff-wise I'm getting SingStar and Haze (I'll give impressions) next week or so, probably GRID ater that. MGS4 is paid off and I will probably pickup Battlefield BC too (trailers look decent). Then the only thing left in the summer will be Soul Calibur 4 until the september rush. Oh shit I forgot , I just CAGed me a Rock Band bundle too. Razz

hey Hone, last night while playing my wife looks over and said "shit what you playing? that looks like fun!" Laughing

UT3 is universal!

EDIT: Any interest in ET: Quake Wars?
StrandedBrit
StrandedBrit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hone Tue May 13, 2008 12:58 pm

you should ask smog, I'm a huge fan of ET:QW. I've played it a bunch on the pc and it's an awesome game. Think Warhawk with objectives but cod4/ut3 merged style of shooting. You can't 1 man army it at all though, so you need to work together to get stuff done. I can tell you all about it sometime. If people pick this up I'd definitely rebuy it for the ps3 and do the CAG nights for it. Also, want to see how the ps3 port of it is.

I've been looking at Dark Sector, but I'm going to wait. I wanted a sandbox game, but don't ahve gta4 so I've been playing oblivion, the world is so huge! I heard FEAR is a good pc/360 game but the ps3 port is pretty bad, but it's still a good game.

Sweet UT3 FTW!

EDIT: hey I've been meaning to ask you sb, do you have any forms of im?

hone

Back to top Go down

Post  StrandedBrit Tue May 13, 2008 2:12 pm

hone wrote:EDIT: hey I've been meaning to ask you sb, do you have any forms of im?

MSN messenger only, and I don't really use that much either. What do you use?

EDIT: Actually, at work I don't have squat. I'm lucky I can see the boards. And at home I got my PS3. Which reminds me, sorry for not acknowleding the chat invites lately. I gotta remember to change my status to unavailable. I pretty much just turn the PS3 on when I get home but don't really get time to actually play till after 8pm EST.
StrandedBrit
StrandedBrit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next