CAG Gamesharing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Group 2 Discussion

5 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Group 2 Discussion - Page 11 Empty Re: Group 2 Discussion

Post  StrandedBrit Tue May 27, 2008 1:17 pm

OK, new news.

Hone, I am getting Quake Wars. Won't ahve it immediately but within the next few weeks .... I think I'm gonna have to postpone GRID for a short while instead.

Haven't seen you playing GTAIV. Didn't you say you got it?

I'm about 70% done with FEAR, and don't worry I didn't forget. I'll wing it to ya when I'm done.
StrandedBrit
StrandedBrit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bornrunnin31 Tue May 27, 2008 3:29 pm

hone wrote:I hope you like grinding BR. QW is more akin to battlefield than Warhawk. Warhawk is much more arcadey and the combat isn't as focused in most big maps. +classes. It really takes a lot of teamwork. The vehicles feel different probably more akin to UT3 "feel" than warhawk.

Well you're the expert on these games, I just meant like genre-wise as in the point of the game. I really would like to try a bunch of these games, but I HATE renting. Ever since Blockbuster upped the price of game rentals from $5 for 5 days to whatever overblown prices they're at now, I just can't justify spending the cash to rent, and I don't just burn through games enough to justify something like gamefly.
bornrunnin31
bornrunnin31
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hone Tue May 27, 2008 3:33 pm

Smiggity wrote:
hone wrote:I know you aren't getting it smiggity. Mostly why I ask SB b/c he's a gameaholic =D I doubt it'll have splitscreen. Not many actually end up having it. BC = battlefield bad company? I'll probably skip that.

sb, did you trade off FEAR yet?

Ya Battlefield Bad Company. Gotta check out the destructable environments in MP. That should be cool! Was the PS store stealthily updated today or are you just late hone?

not sure. saw a post a day or so ago.

hone

Back to top Go down

Post  hone Tue May 27, 2008 3:36 pm

I might have to goozex some UT3 copies to you guys, I'm sending out 19 games in the next few days and got some points to spare, we'll see.

sweet sb!. Your ign review made it sound weak though, but the pc review got high ratings as did the 360 ones. Is it just a bad ps3 port?

Cool, let me know I'll have to find a copy then when you get it.

EDIT: Re: GTA4, yeah I got a copy last week? I tried it a little but sp bored me to hell, so I haven't really played it much. I've been busy at home taking care of errands finishing my ps2 backlog. Got pissed off at FFX..eff'n eh.

hone

Back to top Go down

Post  StrandedBrit Tue May 27, 2008 4:11 pm

Yeah it's up to you hone. I haven't played the PC or 360 versions, but this is just an average game to me, especially compared to others out there. To me Condemned 2 was a much better game. I'm not sure what the other versions could have that would make it that much better. It's free though ..... Very Happy
StrandedBrit
StrandedBrit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bornrunnin31 Tue May 27, 2008 10:56 pm

Weird how no one has mentioned today of the Bionic Commando Rearmed delay. Guess its best to just push that one out of my mind until it shows up. I remember when I was all hyped up to have a super May, and now we have nothing to show for it.

19 games on Goozex. Damn, that's a lot of shipping hone!
bornrunnin31
bornrunnin31
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hone Tue May 27, 2008 11:10 pm

yeah, bought a lot of ds/psp games that I never played or beat when I first got them 2 years ago. Was my first "console" since the snes, so I was psyched and went "sb".

Yeah, psn has been weak at best this month.

hone

Back to top Go down

Post  bornrunnin31 Tue May 27, 2008 11:41 pm

I know I shouldn't dangle carrots like this in front of gameaholics, but if you guys haven't found the GS 'GameDays' Sale thread, people finally got lists in for what New games will be on sale http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183345
bornrunnin31
bornrunnin31
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  StrandedBrit Wed May 28, 2008 7:16 am

Yeah when Capcom announced their downloadable schedule a few weeks ago, it was surprising because you'd think that Bionic Commando would be the first on on the list, but it was after SF2 in the after June category. I'm just hoping June brings a couple of gems.
StrandedBrit
StrandedBrit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Smiggity Wed May 28, 2008 9:15 am

All I want is a new game this week!
Smiggity
Smiggity

Back to top Go down

Post  hone Wed May 28, 2008 10:05 am

to be honest, I don't really care if there's a new game this week. I got enough to play as is let alone something new. I'd rather get something good then having them rush games for release. Between UT3/Oblivion/PS2 I'd be good for most of the time plus I'm picking up QW.

hone

Back to top Go down

Post  Smiggity Wed May 28, 2008 12:14 pm

Yeah but Ive already grinded through all my PSN games, Ive even resorted to going after patches in HVB which is pretty fuckin hard and not a lot of fun. Got first four pages of pain trophies, got every rainbow in PJME, the list goes on and on. I need something to dominate. On a side note, I did just pick up Kane and Lynch for 20 bones at Target. The one measly copy they forgot to take back off clearance. w00t!!!
Smiggity
Smiggity

Back to top Go down

Post  hone Wed May 28, 2008 1:39 pm

K&L was at clearance at my target. Eh, go finish gta4 man.

hone

Back to top Go down

Post  StrandedBrit Wed May 28, 2008 1:49 pm

Yeah I'm getting K&L thru a trade hopefully for fri or sat. Oh and I got OB today!!!!!

Tell you guys what I'll post here with low end stuff first I'm done with and see if any of you guys want it. Stuff that I couldn't be bothered to trade that's like $15 or less.
StrandedBrit
StrandedBrit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Smiggity Wed May 28, 2008 2:23 pm

Ive been playing GTA4 til like 4 in the morning every night dude. The game is pretty damn long...I think im 40% done or something..Just got the 3rd island unlocked so it should be quicker from here on out. Then again, I waste a ton of time going for stunt jumps and pigeons. Either way I start work June 12th so I need to get 100% before that. Then its MGS4 which may take me all of June to fully complete..

That would be cool SB, post em here.

Bornrunnin you will like this
Smiggity
Smiggity

Back to top Go down

Post  StrandedBrit Wed May 28, 2008 8:23 pm

Hone! I cancelled my order on QW. Started seeing some of the reviews and got scared. Doesn't look good. Might pick it up later, but full price or close to it just doesn't look appealing. Sad
StrandedBrit
StrandedBrit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bornrunnin31 Wed May 28, 2008 8:41 pm

I'll tell you guys what game kinda slipped under my radar that I just remembered about today ---- Beijing 2008!!!

I'm a sucker for Track & Field games (hence how I derived my username) AND according to IGN it comes out on my birthday, so day 1 purchase for me!

Yea, saw that the BC soundtrack was for sale but not sure I want to spend $15 on it. I really should start being more careful with my cash and saving, but just can't help myself. Picked up Tomb Raider for Wii for $15 yesterday at Target along with MegaMan Powered up for psp $8. Then went on ebay today and picked up a logitech case, hori screen protector, and put in a bid on some component cables for my future psp. I don't think I can call myself a gameaholic like SB because I probably don't play as much, but I sure like buying things.
bornrunnin31
bornrunnin31
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hone Wed May 28, 2008 10:07 pm

StrandedBrit wrote:Hone! I cancelled my order on QW. Started seeing some of the reviews and got scared. Doesn't look good. Might pick it up later, but full price or close to it just doesn't look appealing. Sad

I haven't found any ps3 reviews and the 360 ones are looking pretty decent. Sad

edit: just read the ign review .. eep Sad that's really sad.

Last edited by hone on Thu May 29, 2008 1:05 am; edited 1 time in total

hone

Back to top Go down

Post  Smiggity Thu May 29, 2008 12:32 am

Hone you play through MGS 1-3 yet? Times running out here..

The real reason I came here is cuz my Japanese ninja spy tells me that the "bootleg wipeout" Fatal Inertia is up on their store...I know its like 30 bucks or something though, and I really dont know much about the game other than it looks like wipeout.
Smiggity
Smiggity

Back to top Go down

Post  hone Thu May 29, 2008 1:10 am

nope, I haven't. No rush for me though. I'm not buying mgs4 on launch if it all. Don't have a real interest to play it atm and no interest = not giving it a fair shot and that'd be sad. Sad MGO just turned me off of the whole MGS thing for a while, plus there are other games that I'm really into atm, but mostly trying to deal with starting work on the 2nd and moving to NYC.

hone

Back to top Go down

Post  Smiggity Thu May 29, 2008 1:20 am

Smiggity wrote:Kind of worried the PS3 version of QW will be bootleg...Whenever the console ports are made by 2 different companies, it seems we always get the short end of the stick...

I knew it. These garbage ports need to stop happening. That is shitty because reading about the leveling up system made it sound really cool. The review was downhill from there though...

Edit- I thought you were really liking MGO there towards the end? With a few tweaks I could definetely spend massive amounts of time on that game. It would be really fun if we all got it and played as a team a lot.
Smiggity
Smiggity

Back to top Go down

Post  hone Thu May 29, 2008 1:24 am

nope, never really liked it at all. that was you who liked it a lot at the end. MGO was competing with UT3 and lost pretty bad for me.

It sounds like the 360 port didn't do as bad, but isn't super hot either. It's sad because QW won a lot of awards on the PC for great team gameplay.

hone

Back to top Go down

Post  StrandedBrit Thu May 29, 2008 7:29 am

Yeah it's amazing how they can do that. it's disgusting. I mean even the 'beloved' 360 got a turd too. What the hell.

Oh well, that just means more time for UT3 this summer. SOCOM looks like the only real contender now.

Hon ei was hoping to have FEAR done by the weekend, but it looks like it'll be a little longer. The last few levels are taking forever! I think I'll have Haze by the weekend too, so time will have to be split ....
StrandedBrit
StrandedBrit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hone Thu May 29, 2008 10:07 am

no worries sb, like I've said before, I got a huge backlog to go through =)
UT3! Maybe we should try VCTF "soon".

EDIT: oh yeah, I need to pick up OB, so we can get TF2 nights going.

hone

Back to top Go down

Post  bornrunnin31 Thu May 29, 2008 1:26 pm

couldn't resist crisis core for $26 today on amazon. I really need to start playing games and finishing campaigns. So far my summer has just been GTA4 MP, COD4, Rock Band, and Warhawk.
bornrunnin31
bornrunnin31
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next