CAG Gamesharing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Group 2 Discussion

5 posters

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

Group 2 Discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: Group 2 Discussion

Post  Smiggity Tue May 13, 2008 2:51 pm

StrandedBrit wrote:Why no time Smog? Work?

Me, I've become a gaming whore lately. I've got Dark Sector arriving today hopefully. I getting Skate in a trade in the next few days too. Traded for FEAR too, get that next week (anyone got any impressions on this???). Then new stuff-wise I'm getting SingStar and Haze (I'll give impressions) next week or so, probably GRID ater that. MGS4 is paid off and I will probably pickup Battlefield BC too (trailers look decent). Then the only thing left in the summer will be Soul Calibur 4 until the september rush. Oh shit I forgot , I just CAGed me a Rock Band bundle too. Razz

hey Hone, last night while playing my wife looks over and said "shit what you playing? that looks like fun!" Laughing

UT3 is universal!

EDIT: Any interest in ET: Quake Wars?

Lol. Im a gaming whore all year up at school (as you all could probably tell considering I played ps3 and posted on CAG all day), and during the summer I work 50 hrs a week (Havent even started yet) and am much more social than I am up at school. So my ps3 time is shitty, basically mornings and maybe some rounds after dinner. When I start work I will be away from the black beast for days at a time Sad Sk8 was the shit IMO, FEAR was probably my favorite PC game ive ever played. As I told hone, if Haze has the ability for you to bring a guest online in ranked matches then I will probably buy it. Damn and Rock Band too SB!! You are going crazy right now!!! Laughing Oh yeah, and dont ever bring up QW in a conversation with hone, b/c you will never hear the end of how fucking awesomely fantastically outstandingally amazing the game is. Razz LOL Im just messing with you dude, but obviously hone is a big fan of it, so I guess we owe it to him to at least give it a shot. The only problem is that it comes out right after Haze, and a couple weeks before B:BC and MGS4 so that sucks. On a side note, you see CAG got a shout out in the official PS Blog...
Smiggity
Smiggity

Back to top Go down

Post  hone Tue May 13, 2008 3:05 pm

BF:BC looks cool, but metaly says the 360 demo was pretty meh. He said it's like a dumbed down BF for consoles. He's a super BF fan.

hone

Back to top Go down

Post  hone Tue May 13, 2008 3:08 pm

StrandedBrit wrote:
hone wrote:EDIT: hey I've been meaning to ask you sb, do you have any forms of im?

MSN messenger only, and I don't really use that much either. What do you use?

EDIT: Actually, at work I don't have squat. I'm lucky I can see the boards. And at home I got my PS3. Which reminds me, sorry for not acknowleding the chat invites lately. I gotta remember to change my status to unavailable. I pretty much just turn the PS3 on when I get home but don't really get time to actually play till after 8pm EST.

is it because the ports are blocked or because you can't use 'em? If it's just blocked ports I can help you get around that =D

EDIT: oh smiggity, I'm 3 people away from getting GTA4 from goozex =D

Last edited by hone on Tue May 13, 2008 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

hone

Back to top Go down

Post  Smiggity Tue May 13, 2008 3:09 pm

Wasnt that a Beta though?? So it should be much improved..
Smiggity
Smiggity

Back to top Go down

Post  hone Tue May 13, 2008 3:11 pm

maybe, maybe not I talked to him about it the other day and he wasn't impressed. I'll wait for reviews of course.

hone

Back to top Go down

Post  bornrunnin31 Tue May 13, 2008 11:26 pm

Wow, I forget to check this board for a few days and you guys chat up a storm. My thoughts -

FEAR is decent on PS3. I have fun with it, but have never gone online so don't ask me about the MP. I get a kick out of the enemy dialog when your in a gunfight. Having these robotic soldiers yell "FUCK" is pretty damn funny. Anyway, if you were able to get some enjoyment out of Jericho then you'll have no problem enjoying this.

Still haven't gotten enough credit at BB to buy my psp so itll be some time before I get to ut3, not to mention they still sell it for $49.99 USED, lameasses.

No interest in BF:BC. Just don't need another war shooter be it 3rd or 1st person especially with the controversy over downloading the weapons.

ET:QW looks like a bit of fun to me. I used to play Wolfenstein: ET on the pc when I first bought my laptop. I like the objective based gameplay and if QW plays well on the ps3 I may pick it up down the line.

Don't know how many games I'll be buying this summer since I have to try and save up all my money to last the school year since I don't hold a job while I'm there. But, that really never stops me. I am planning on buying an HDTV soon tho so that will take a nice chunk of change away from me, and I'll prob pick up a few psp games as well in order to start a nice little collection.
bornrunnin31
bornrunnin31
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Smiggity Wed May 14, 2008 10:27 am

Yo quick question for my more experienced forum friends: How do I get your(BR) quote "like normal people" in my sig @ CAG? Im having massive troubles
Smiggity
Smiggity

Back to top Go down

Post  bornrunnin31 Wed May 14, 2008 9:38 pm

To edit your sig in the user CP its the top button on the left side.

To edit the small quote under your avatar you go to Edit Profile then the first field is Edit Custom User Title

Not exactly sure what you mean so hope that helps
bornrunnin31
bornrunnin31
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hone Thu May 15, 2008 5:44 am

is anything coming out today?

hone

Back to top Go down

Post  Smiggity Thu May 15, 2008 8:21 am

I dont think I even know what I mean dude...Europe got Dark Mist so maybe we can get some action rpgs going on this side of the pond..
Smiggity
Smiggity

Back to top Go down

Post  StrandedBrit Thu May 15, 2008 1:53 pm

I predict nada today!

... and bad news I think too. Reading this it sounds like Bonic Commando is now in June, maybe later ...

Still sounds like Capcom alone will have some decent PSN stuff.
StrandedBrit
StrandedBrit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Smiggity Thu May 15, 2008 2:13 pm

Am I the only one who thought that game (demo) was fun? I'm all about the co-op...

Anyone play a lot of Pain? Kinda been addicted to it l8ly and was wondering if anyone has any secrets for me? Specifically how the hell do you reach an altitude of 300k feet?
Smiggity
Smiggity

Back to top Go down

Post  Smiggity Thu May 15, 2008 4:14 pm

StrandedBrit wrote:I predict nada today!

You never told us you work for SCEA!
Smiggity
Smiggity

Back to top Go down

Post  StrandedBrit Thu May 15, 2008 6:07 pm

I'm actually a spy! Cool
StrandedBrit
StrandedBrit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Smiggity Thu May 15, 2008 9:11 pm

StrandedBrit wrote:I'm actually a spy! Cool

S.A.S.!!!!!!
Smiggity
Smiggity

Back to top Go down

Post  bornrunnin31 Thu May 15, 2008 9:43 pm

StrandedBrit wrote:I predict nada today!

... and bad news I think too. Reading this it sounds like Bonic Commando is now in June, maybe later ...

Still sounds like Capcom alone will have some decent PSN stuff.

Yea I noticed that too and chose to ignore it and hope that it was somehow a mistake. I was really hoping it would be here soon since they even mentioned on the official website it got an M from the esrb.

As for PAIN smog, haven't played it in a while. That's probably total altitude since reaching that hi would be pretty impossible in one launch.

I've been all about the SSHD lately, and TMK keeps trying to top my scores.

Also, don't remember who I've told, but I ordered myself this beauty yesterday so it should be here next week. I'll finally get to enjoy my ps3 in HD!
bornrunnin31
bornrunnin31
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  StrandedBrit Fri May 16, 2008 7:46 am

Well done BR. Once you HD you'll never go back!

Also, accoring to this we got some PSN games coming this summer!

Wipeout, Elefunk, PixelJunk Eden, Siren all this summer. Which in reality means anytime between late june to late september.
StrandedBrit
StrandedBrit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bornrunnin31 Fri May 16, 2008 5:15 pm

Yea, just saw the schedule and came here to see if anyone else did. That schedule is stupid, anyone can pick a season and year. GIVE ME A FIRM DATE!!!! At least with some of the ps3 games they've picked a month.
bornrunnin31
bornrunnin31
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Smiggity Sun May 18, 2008 2:24 am

A Sony schedule is always sooooo lenient! Nice TV BR, HD is the only way to go! Now u can see the Warhawk numbers! Very Happy
Looks like you got a decent deal as well. I wish we had PSN stuff to talk about but the lack of games recently makes me sad. My gaming attention span is short..

What do you guys think of Siren? It is obviously episodic content so it could get rather expensive (I think) for the group. Certainly we would get the first episode or starter pack to see what its like, but is that something we would be down for as a group?

Looks like we should get a Quake Wars demo this upcoming thursday, so hone should be excited

Also looks like Haze isnt even in HD, at 567p upscaled to 720. Uber-gay!!! Hopefully the MP makes up for it, as it should
Smiggity
Smiggity

Back to top Go down

Post  StrandedBrit Mon May 19, 2008 6:12 pm

Yeah, the May hype let us down. On the bright side, June looks to be killer if it all sticks!

I'm down with siren. Get a few episodes see how it goes. I'm definitely interested.

I heard the devs themselves dispelled the sub-HD rumor on Haze and said it was 720 rocksolid. Hmmm.

And as for Quake Wars, I'm starting to get just a little hyped for it. We'll see. Any kind of price drop or deal and I'll get it. You know me .... game whore.

BTW peeps. Dark Sector is very average! Thought it'd be more but oh well. Decent enough. Should have Haze within the week.
StrandedBrit
StrandedBrit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hone Mon May 19, 2008 9:09 pm

I thought the devs said Haze was sub HD resolution 1024x576 or something. No biggie though. As long as it looks alright and plays smooth.

SB if you pick up QW let me know. I'll buy it the next day =D. I'm looking to snipe Haze off of Goozex like I did with GTA4. I'll have it (GTA4) by next week hopefully.

hone

Back to top Go down

Post  Smiggity Tue May 20, 2008 1:41 am

Kind of worried the PS3 version of QW will be bootleg...Whenever the console ports are made by 2 different companies, it seems we always get the short end of the stick...

Here is the Haze link- http://scrawlfx.com/2008/05/haze-does-not-run-in-hd-only-576p/
Certainly does not rule out a purchase for me, just waiting on personal reviews/impressions from SB.

Never really got hyped for Dark Sector, but the weapons looked cool.
Anyone see The Agency on X-Play the other night? That seems like it could be a lot of fun. The more I see on it the more it grows on me. MMO's are a bit out of my league though. It all depends on the pricing model I guess.
Smiggity
Smiggity

Back to top Go down

Post  StrandedBrit Tue May 20, 2008 5:18 am

Haze review are all over the place. Latest by IGN ...... 4.5/10 affraid
StrandedBrit
StrandedBrit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hone Tue May 20, 2008 10:00 am

wonder if that means it's a fairly mediocre title at best. I really can't justify paying for any MMO when there are so many other games to play that are equally as fun.

hone

Back to top Go down

Post  Smiggity Tue May 20, 2008 11:46 am

StrandedBrit wrote:Haze review are all over the place. Latest by IGN ...... 4.5/10 affraid

Holy fuckstick a 5 out of 10!!! Garbage. Thats fucked up because I thought this game would be very good. Honeski, what are you talking about? The Agency? B/c that has not been reviewed yet..
Smiggity
Smiggity

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next