CAG Gamesharing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Games Discussions (not DLC)

3 posters

Go down

Games Discussions (not DLC) Empty Games Discussions (not DLC)

Post  dragonmar1 Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:55 am

I thought it would be a decent idea to start a thread about recent games that group members have finished, and give it a general comparison/score.

I don't have anything to add, but I know that at least one of you played/finished 'Infamous':
I'm about finished with the first island, and I'd like to know if things become interesting?
I have a few power-ups, and completed quite a bit of the side missions, but I'm somewhat bored.
My backlog is quite large, and looking for a reason not to trade this in towards Uncharted 2 before
finishing it.

Any thoughts?

dragonmar1

Back to top Go down

Games Discussions (not DLC) Empty Re: Games Discussions (not DLC)

Post  Hostile Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:05 pm

It depends on what you mean by interesting. I played, finished and did a little review on inFamous for GameDealDaily if you want to give it a read here. I don't believe I posted any spoilers but if you're adamant about avoiding them, don't read it. I gave it a 3/5. Combat gets more fun although there are still problems with it and the story really doesn't get any better although the ending is pretty good.

Hostile

Back to top Go down

Post  dragonmar1 Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:09 pm

Well, I'll go read your review. Basically, if Island 2 is just like Island 1, with just stronger enemies and more powerups, then I'd rather skip the rest of the game.
Thanks for the quick reply.

EDIT** Okay, I read your review, and since I can't stomach another "follow the ripper, and do not blow him up" or "zap the cameras on that building" mission, I'll just stop. I know the end is supposed to be pretty good, but considering my backlog I'd rather go play something else. Thanks.

dragonmar1

Back to top Go down

Post  Hostile Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:54 pm

I will note you don't really have to do the side missions. They're only there to "clear" an area.

Hostile

Back to top Go down

Post  js1 Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:30 am

I still have to play infamous. Right now I'm playing Uncharted again along with bioshock, and the uncharted 2 demo. I will have more time to play in a couple of weeks when I take a break from school.

js1

Back to top Go down

Post  Hostile Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:03 pm

Uncharted 2... so good...

Hostile

Back to top Go down

Post  js1 Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:54 pm

Hell yeah it is! I am only on Ch. 8 and I am having a blast with this game. I enjoyed the 1st one, but at this point the 2nd Uncharted is up there with the first Metal Gear Solid for me! I haven't had that type of long-lasting excitement in a game in a long time.

js1

Back to top Go down

Post  dragonmar1 Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:42 am

I'm on chapter 10, and taking a bit at a time. Hunting for some of the treasures along the way, but I may just give up on finding them on the first run through. If I take too long to find them, then I get sidetracked, and looking at a guide on a first run is a no-no 'cause they give away the plot. Other than that, having a blast.
Btw, I have that free 'gold guns' for MP, if you guys want it for the account. Not sure if you got in on the free Bestbuy deal for these.

dragonmar1

Back to top Go down

Post  js1 Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:51 am

I've been try to take my time with searching for treasures and I'm surprised how many I've overlooked. I'll try later..

js1

Back to top Go down

Post  Hostile Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:00 pm

I always found little collectibles wasted my time in the first playthrough more than it made the experience better. I love the chapters telling you how much treasure you missed.

Beat it on hard a day ago. Great game.

Hostile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down