Post  habsfan08 on Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:44 am

Well, I'm in for VC DLC and Fat Princess for sure when it will come out

If you guys want Flock, I'm ok with it, seem fun

habsfan08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Next Game Purchase

Post  snuter on Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:29 pm

Well, it looks like wilme, awworld, habsfan08 and myself are all in for Flock. I was looking at IGN and it looks like the price is acutally $14.99 and not $9.99 as I had thought it was going to be. I don't know if that changes anything for anybody seeing as though it is more expensive than most games. I know that I've got alot to play right now (along with the EB gamer days sale going on right now), so I would be fine either way.

snuter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  habsfan08 on Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:10 pm

I got a lot of games to play too, just brought 4 games at ebgames...

so I'm fine either way too...

habsfan08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  awworld on Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:53 pm

Hey I am fine to pick it up now or later. No rush on my part. I am still trying to find time to finish Bioshock; too much work at work. Then I still have Fallout3, Resistance2, Valkyria Chronicles, Silent Hill and a hard copy of Sirens. That will tie my over until the next Rogers 2 for$40 sales where I hope to pickup the Killzone2, RE5 and SF4. I am still looking for a "cheap" copy of Prince of Persia on Craigslist but no luck so far.

awworld

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  snuter on Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:19 pm

Well then... with Habsfan08, awworld and myself all changing to maybes, I think we might pass on Flock for now. We can always pick it up later. (I find that games $15 get a temporary reduction - so we might just wait till then). Also, I think I saw PoP for $37 at ebgames. THen you also get to take off $5 more for the sale and you can stack your 10% off edge card. $30 isn't bad for a game I paid $60 for! Or you can try to see if Blockbuster has it ppv and use the 25% off coupon. (I don't know what price BBV is selling it for but I think that it is 39.99.) Or you can just wait for it to fall even lower like all Ubisoft games!!

snuter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  habsfan08 on Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:48 pm

at average review doesn't help for Flock

http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/970/970606p1.html

habsfan08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  snuter on Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:04 pm

Yeah, I didn't think that it'd get reviewed very well. I've tried the Stream demo and wasn't total impressed but I thought I'd wait for the PSN demo to give my final judgement. With so many other good games to play I have to limit my play time to not include too many "ok" games. I'm still not done with fallout 3, valkyria chronicles, Pop (100%), RE5, little big planet, resistance 2 or Rock band 2. Flock seems like it might be more frustrating than fun on the harder levels. Oh well, we'll spend the money eventually!

snuter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Wilme on Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:27 pm

I'm fine with waiting on Flock as well. I'm definitely interested in VC DLC and Fat Princess. What games did you guys pick during the EB Game Days?

Wilme

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  habsfan08 on Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:47 pm

Halo 2 limited edition
Jade Empire Limited edition
Black for ps2
and Max Payne for ps2

all for 28$

habsfan08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  awworld on Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:53 pm

As for EB, I might go pick-up Socom for $40 for the headset. I would open the box on the spot and immediately trade-in the game for $15 since I only wanted the headset. $25 +taxes is pretty good for the PS3 headset.

I recently started a bad habit of collecting games that I think are good. I traded a ps3 bundled copy of Ratchet & Clank + $10 for Fallout3 collector's edition. I then traded in Resistance2 to EB for $37 (original pick-up at Rogers 2 for $40) after I picked up the collector's edition at London Drugs for $30. Now I am waiting patiencely for a deal (i.e. less than $20) for Folklore, DMC4, MG4, Eternal Sonata and POP. As you can tell, I almost never pay full price for games. The only exception is for the upcoming Bioshock2 and God of War III. I can't wait for those to be released.

awworld

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  snuter on Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:10 am

I picked up the headset with the socom bundle when toysrus miss catogorized the bundle as the standalone game. (This was nation wide in the toysrus computer system). They were also give a $5 discount on all new games, so it only costed $35. (Socom traded in for $20 back then).
Future shop had DMC4 for $20 a couple months back.
Superstore had eternal sonata for $18.xx in their discount bins. (granted, ES was the xbox360 version.)
As for the rest of the games, I think some rogers video have the 2for40 sale back on.

snuter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  snuter on Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:06 pm

Well, back on topic... I just saw on the playstation blog that the Valkeria Chronicles DLC is comming out with tomorrow's PSN update. I havn't seen pricing yet, but Jeff is normally pretty good at replying to comments. It looks like it will be 3 seperate DLC packs. I don't know if there will be a bundle pack. I hope that the bundle is only $10. Anyway, check it out for yourself and leave a comment on which packs, if any, you want. I know that snuter, wilme and habsfan08 have all said that they'd be interested in the DLC.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/04/08/valkyria-chronicles-dlc-marches-to-psn-tomorrow/

UPDATE: It looks like it is actually confirmed for the 16th of April, not tomorrow. That'll give us more time to decided what to get!

snuter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  awworld on Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:41 pm

hey guys, count me in for the Valkeria Chronicles DLC. All or some, any quantity is find with me.

Snuter are you sure that Rogers 2 for 40 is back on. Dont get me excited Shocked

awworld

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  snuter on Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:24 pm

awworld wrote:
Snuter are you sure that Rogers 2 for 40 is back on. Dont get me excited Shocked

Well, according to Firestorm (who might be the most active canadian CAG around!) select rogers have had the 2/40$ sale on for a little while now. I guess people have been checking around and some locations have it on and others don't, so I guess YMMV. By the sounds of it it is mostly 2008 games (gears 2, POP, CoD5, etc). Don't get too excited now...

snuter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Wilme on Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:07 pm

Are we still going to do the VC DLCs? Those came out last week.
Not much to get this week though.

Wilme

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Wilme on Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:50 pm

Anybody interested in the Marvel vs Capcom 2 release that was just announced? I'm in for sure! Loved that game.

Wilme

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  snuter on Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:52 am

Wilme wrote:Are we still going to do the VC DLCs? Those came out last week.
Not much to get this week though.

I think we are, but I was trying to see which ones we should get. So far there have only been a few reviews for the DLC. It seems like the "Eddy mission" is pretty short (plus there is random enemy spawning which makes it very trial and error) and it looks like it doesn't add much. The "behind her blue flame" mission is supposed to be very good value and interesting to the story (it adds 4 missions depending on how well you rank and lets you play from the enemies' perspective). The hard mode is exactly that: a very hard mode for a game that is already pretty challenging.

I'd be in for all of them seeing as though we are only paying $3 each for them, but if people want to limit which ones we purchase, then I'm fine for that as well. Also, we'll have to put some more money into the pot soon.

So to recap:
Snuter is in for all 3 Valkyria Chronicles DLCs

snuter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Wilme on Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:44 pm

I wouldn't mind getting all 3 as well.

What about MvC2? There's going to be a demo release on Thursday.

Wilme

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  snuter on Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:58 am

So far:

Habsfan08
Awworld
Wilme
Snuter

are all in for the VC DLC. I sent a pm to heimdal to let him know. I'll download the DLCs packs tonight once I get off work. (I live in Calgary, so you easterners will have to wait a bit Smile ).

Also, we will have to add some more money to the pot. We currently have $23.78 in the account. After this purchase ($14.99 + GST = $15.74) we'll have $8.04 left. With games like Fat Princess, Pixeljunk game #4, etc comming this summer, I think we should add another $10 each.

If people are fine with adding $10 each, then you can add that directly to the PSN wallet or send me $10.61 to my paypal (snuter@hotmail.com) and I'll add it for you.

snuter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  heimdal on Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:41 am

I'll be in for all the 3 of the Valkyria Chronicles DLC and Flock.

Sorry I haven't been posting here; I didn't know you guys were actively using this forum.

And please oh please tell me we're getting Marvel vs. Capcom 2 eventually!

heimdal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  heimdal on Sat May 02, 2009 4:35 pm

Anyone interested in the following?

Killzone 2 Steel and Titanium Pack ($5.99)
Burnout Paradise Cops and Robbers Add-on ($9.99)

Just throwing it out there.

heimdal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Wilme on Sun May 03, 2009 12:19 pm

I'd be interested in Burnout Paradise Cops and Robbers Add-on. Not really interested in the Killzone 2 one though.

Wilme

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  snuter on Sun May 03, 2009 10:45 pm

Well, after downloading the VC DLC, we've got $8.06 left. (I miscalculated the price, it was 14.97+GST, not 14.99.) Anyway, as I was saying, we have to put some more money in the pot before we purchase anything thing else (cause it'll probably cost more than $8.06!)

I'd be fine with downloading any of the above mentioned games (Marvel vs Capcom, Killzone DLC, Burnout DLC) even though I don't really play fighting games or too much online stuff. I guess that's the beauty of gamesharing; it only cost each of us a 1/5 of the price and I don't mind spending a couple of bucks for something that I'll play atleast a little. I'd hate to stop the group from getting stuff just becuase my gaming tastes are pretty picky. So I guess if the others want it, I'm in for it as well.

But first, we'll have to add some more money. I'd suggest again either $10 direct to PSN or $10.61 via paypal (as long as paypal hasn't changed their fees lately).

snuter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  awworld on Wed May 13, 2009 4:17 pm

Hi Snuter, is it ok for me to contribute $20 this time so I don't have to contribute $10 in the future? To be clear, I would contribute $20.61 via paypal this time and I can skip contributing next time?

By the way, I have VLC but have not started it yet but I will download the DLC for future play Wink . I am currently playing Persona 3 because I just finished Bioschock and needed a break from FPS.

awworld

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  snuter on Wed May 13, 2009 4:56 pm

I'd be fine with you putting in $20 instead of $10. (In fact, perhaps everyone should maybe drop in $20 seeing as thought summer might be a busy DLC/PSN time). Paypal charges a $0.30 base fee plus a 2.9% transaction fee, so to get $20, you'd actually have to send $20.91. (I use this site to figure out the paypal fees: http://www.rolbe.com/paypal.htm )

Anyway, I also downloaded the VC DLC but hadn't even opened the game yet. After downloading it, I wanted to make sure that the DLC was working fine so I've been playing the game. So far it is pretty awesome. I think I'm about halfway down the main campagne. (Episode 11). I think the extra hard mode might be a little over kill cause the game is pretty challenging as it is. Smile I'm sure you really enjoy it once you start playing it. I think I have about 5 AAA games that I haven't even started playing yet. I like it this way so that I don't rush out and buy games at launch and save quite a bit. Just picked up Resistance 2 CE for $30 and Resistance Retribution for $20!

Before you send the money, I'd like to see if everyone would be fine with dropping a $20. I'll send them all pm via CAG.

snuter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top