CAG Gamesharing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Black Friday/Holiday Shopping/Deals (So Far...)

3 posters

Go down

Your Black Friday/Holiday Shopping/Deals (So Far...) Empty Your Black Friday/Holiday Shopping/Deals (So Far...)

Post  darabo Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:09 am

I thought this might be interesting to see what items/games you have bought so far during Black Friday and the Holiday season.

These are game games I have bought over the last couple of months.
Also add the total amount spent so far if you wish.

For me:

Katamari Damacy (PS2): $9.95
Persona 3: FES (with artbook and soundtrack) (PS2): $19.95
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (360): $18.98
Tom Clancy's Endwar (360): $24
Tales of Vesperia (360): $34.95
Valkyria Chronicles (PS3): $37.53
LittleBigPlanet (PS3): $40.00
Fallout 3 (360): $40.00
120 GB HDD (360): $65.99
Far Cry 2 (360): $42.99
Bully - Scholarship Edition (360): $14.99

Total: $349.33

I have canceled the Shadow of the Colossus order I might return Persona 3 and Katamari Damacy.

What about you guys? What items/games have you bought over the Black Friday and Holiday season?

Last edited by darabo on Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:44 pm; edited 2 times in total

darabo

Back to top Go down

Your Black Friday/Holiday Shopping/Deals (So Far...) Empty Re: Your Black Friday/Holiday Shopping/Deals (So Far...)

Post  js1 Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:09 pm

Well, my holiday shopping was spread out about two months.

Me: Fallout 3(ps3) $38.49(GS credit)
Resistance 2(ps3) $38.49(GS credit)
COD: W@W(ps3) $60(GS credit)(sold it for $53 it on eBay)
Dual shock 3 $40(GS credit)
7200 RPM 160 gb HDD for ps3 $50 (before cash back)
Dead Space(ps3) about $20-$21
PS3 pro triggers R2 & L2 attachments $5
PS3 headset(official) about $38(GS credit) after trading SOCOM back in.
No More Heroes(Wii) $7.48
LE Fallout 3 guide $27(GS credit)
EDIT: Valkyria Chronicles $free?(GS credit)

For my son & daughter & me;):Little Big Planet $48
Lego Batman(ps3) $31(GS credit)
Lego Indy Jones(ps3) $24
White DS Lite(free) I found it at the store I work at.
After a month no one claimed it. So I did.
2gb micro SD card $4.75
Mario & princess peach DS Lite armor/s $28(GS credit)
I'm sure there is more, but that's all I can think of off the top of my head. I did really well with the Hollywood video and gamestop trade in deal I spent about $60 and turned that into about $120. I also traded in a couple of my own games during that time and got around $250 total of GS credit. I still have over one-hundred left in credit for maybe Resident Evil 5 & Street Fighter IV. I would have gotten more at GS with the Buy 2 get 1 free but the guy at the store I went to was holding Valkyria Chronicles for some one else...

I am sold COD 5 on eBay for almost the amount I paid for it. I decided I don't have the time to dedicate to it like I want to. So I might pick back up on the cheap later.

EDIT:11/30/08 I found a GS that had three games for the B2G1. I was able to pick up Valkyria Chronicles which rang up as the free game. The other two I am selling since I already have them.I could not find two games for PS3 that I did not have.(that I wanted) So after eBay/paypal fees I'll say I will have gotten close to the $100 spent on the three games. But I will have gotten cash instead of GS credit. So I guess I could end up truly getting Valkyria Chronicles free!

On the bad side I'm out of GS credit.Sad

I am beyond happy with the purchases and money I saved for the holidays between cash back on eBay, cellfire @ Gamestop, and different clearances(Target) & coupons, price matching @ Meijer. My gaming plate is full for some time. I just hope I can find time to finish at least one of these games. It's a great problem to have though. Very Happy

js1

Back to top Go down

Your Black Friday/Holiday Shopping/Deals (So Far...) Empty Re: Your Black Friday/Holiday Shopping/Deals (So Far...)

Post  js1 Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:06 pm

Darabo, you canceled your Shadow of the Colossus order? how much was it? You should get it, it's one of my personal favs of all-time!

js1

Back to top Go down

Post  dragonmar1 Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:17 pm

Well, I'll start and edit later:
Dual Shock 3 - $32.50 Radioshack deal
MS Pro Duo 4Gb- $21.00 Radioshack
Bunch of stuff (accesories Amazon) - $52.00
Dead Space - $32.50 (Amazon, intend to sell since I already have it)
Arcana Hears - $12.50 Amazon
4 ps2 mem cards - $14.00 Amazon
x360 120 gb harddrive - $40.00 after trade-ins at Gamestop
Hot Shots OOB - $21.00 Amazon (selling, already have it)
Boom Blox (Wii) - $41.00 (FYE credit, selling since I already have it)
Boom Blox (Wii) - $30.00 Blockbuster

dragonmar1

Back to top Go down

Post  darabo Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:59 pm

js1 wrote:Darabo, you canceled your Shadow of the Colossus order? how much was it? You should get it, it's one of my personal favs of all-time!

It was $9.95 with free two day shipping, which I ordered the day before my Amazon Prime trial ended).

I rented it twice and beated it once and as much as I loved that game it was one of those games that I wanted it to be so memorable.

I figured if I played it a second time it would not as epic and inspiring as it was the first time.

I just wanted the greatness to still be in my head.

Hard to explain really...it was a very tough choice to make.

darabo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum