CAG Gamesharing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Voting & discussion on games to purchase/General Discussion

5 posters

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

Voting & discussion on games to purchase/General Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Voting & discussion on games to purchase/General Discussion

Post  Hostile Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:05 pm

Send me an invite to HostileFire. I wouldn't mind just having people to compare high scores with. I loved Pac-Man: CE to death on 360 but didn't have too many people to compare scores with,

Hostile

Back to top Go down

Voting & discussion on games to purchase/General Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Voting & discussion on games to purchase/General Discussion

Post  darabo Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:28 pm

dragonmar1 wrote:Happy Holidays to you all. As for playing together, Hostile, you can add me. That said, my life is just too complicated to plan any such thing. I have a 4 year old autistic son, who takes all my time. To top it off, he has problems sleeping, so I'm a zombie half the time. While I'm always on the chat forums, it's a lot easier to take a minute to reply to a post, than it is to plan a solid half hour to an hour of play time. It is, what it is, and I'm love to him to death. Very Happy

Loving Lumines, although I see your point Hostile, as at least one of the stages is a straight rip-off from the psp version. Still it's nice to get back to the game, and away from shooters for a bit (finished Uncharted, and playing Stardust, and other stuff now).

Oh, and the only thing I do compare are our scores...Damn you Darabo, at least I have something to aim for. Laughing

lol, what score of mine is so high?

btw hostile add me whenever you want and we can play!
same goes for the rest of you

PSN: darabo

once I get back to my place I will download the items and if necessary add people who want to be on my friend's list

unfortunately I am going to Atlantic City on Monday with my family so I can't come back home yet Razz

darabo

Back to top Go down

Voting & discussion on games to purchase/General Discussion - Page 4 Empty System dead

Post  dragonmar1 Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:21 pm

Damn, my 60GB system just died. It's out of warranty by two months Sad Sad Sad Sad . I will pay Sony to fix, but I will sell it when it comes back, and buy a more recent model. After reading a bit around the forums, it seems the 60GB will die quicker than the rest.

dragonmar1

Back to top Go down

Post  js1 Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:57 pm

dragonmar1 wrote:Damn, my 60GB system just died. It's out of warranty by two months Sad Sad Sad Sad . I will pay Sony to fix, but I will sell it when it comes back, and buy a more recent model. After reading a bit around the forums, it seems the 60GB will die quicker than the rest.

Damn, sorry to hear that. Did you get any kind of warning signs? How much is it going to run you to fix it?

js1

Back to top Go down

Post  dragonmar1 Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:02 pm

It'll be $160.00 after tax. The system would lock up occassionally, maybe once a week. It was weird, though, because it never did it when I was just playing a ps3 game via disc. It would only lock up when I was reading/writing strictly from the hard drive. The final blow happened today, and I was actually playing a ps2 game. That's why I ran a backup somewhat recently. However, if it's completely dead, they'll send me a refurb system making that backup useless.
Rolling Eyes

dragonmar1

Back to top Go down

Post  Hostile Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:54 pm

When it's of no fault of our own, they should be willing to fix it for free.

Hostile

Back to top Go down

Post  darabo Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:37 am

That sucks, my condolences to you.

darabo

Back to top Go down

Post  js1 Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:11 pm

I can't believe this.. I think my PS3 just broke on me! In the middle of playing Fallout it froze and I restarted the system and the game does not show up in the XMB, I take it out , put it back in, then I just get the "bubble" in the corner.Cd's, DVD's won't work either. I've had this system since Nov. of last year, brand new, taken care of well, now this happens! Mad Sad

js1

Back to top Go down

Post  dragonmar1 Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:51 pm

js1 wrote:I can't believe this.. I think my PS3 just broke on me! In the middle of playing Fallout it froze and I restarted the system and the game does not show up in the XMB, I take it out , put it back in, then I just get the "bubble" in the corner.Cd's, DVD's won't work either. I've had this system since Nov. of last year, brand new, taken care of well, now this happens! Mad Sad

Sorry to see your post. My coffin is on its way from Sony (can't get here soon enough). That sounds exactly like what happened to me (except for a different game of course). It just froze and died... Sad Sad Mad Sad

dragonmar1

Back to top Go down

Post  Hostile Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:05 am

I hope you guys made sure to deactivate your PS3 or you might not be able to download from our shared account. pale

I'm not entirely sure how that works.

Hostile

Back to top Go down

Post  js1 Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:00 am

Hostile wrote:I hope you guys made sure to deactivate your PS3 or you might not be able to download from our shared account. pale

Ok, I'll look it up.

js1

Back to top Go down

Post  dragonmar1 Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:51 am

Hostile wrote:I hope you guys made sure to deactivate your PS3 or you might not be able to download from our shared account. pale

In the case of my system, I couldn't do a single thing after it died. It won't recognize input, or display an image. CAG User Strandedbrit went through something similar, and will at least be a headache, if not an impossible mission:
1. If the system that comes back from Sony is the same system you sent in (an actual repair) you will have no issue re-downloading the stuff back in.
2. If the system is different, then every account that was activated in your old system must now be deactivated. This actually doesn't even have to be done for personal content, as you're allowed to download it 5 times without question. But the content that is shared, and usually maxed out will create problems.
3. Since Js1 and I both had the ps3 died, and only if the system that comes back from Sony is different, we'll have to call Sony and ask them to deactivate the association of the accounts with the old systems. However, Sony is not going to do this, unless you have all the account information match your personal information. So, we'd have to, one at a time, go in and update the information in the account to match our personal information. Then call Sony and ask them to do this.
4. Alternatively, since there're only 4 of us, one of us could just redownload to whatever system we get back. This creates other possible problems, as we'd never be able to get a 5th person, and that still leaves one of us out in the cold.

Now, in my case, I shared several games, and even some Rockband 2 tracks. I'm going to hate to try to get all my games back. At least Darabo is one of the people I shared with (Wipeout), so that should be a little bit less of a headache. But, again, this is where sharing gets big time messy.

*EDIT* Js1: if your ps3 can still get online (and your system allows input), I'd go ahead and disable all the shared content (at least). That way, you will not have to deal with any headaches when your system comes back.

dragonmar1

Back to top Go down

Post  StrandedBrit Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:08 am

Hey Guys, sorry to butt in. Smile

I found my post at CAG that will help you guys out with this. In Dragonmars case you'll need to call Sony and good luck.

In js1s case he should still be able to deactivate all his accounts before he sends his machine in because is sounds like just the BD drive died. In all likelyhood they'll just replace the drive and you'll get the same unit back with all your stuff and you can just reactivate it.

/jump back out of thread
StrandedBrit
StrandedBrit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  js1 Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:47 pm

I called sony yesterday, and told the guy about the dead drive, he asked for my info and told me they were going to send out a box and to check for an e-mail with the intructions on what to do.(Still did not get it almost 24hrs later) He did not say anything about being charged anything.

I did tell him that I replaced the 40gb HDD with a 160gb HDD, he told me to be sure to send the 40gb HDD, because they will just send back a 40gb HDD. The problem is that after I replaced the 40gb HDD, it quit working.
I told the guy and he still wanted me to include it. I just hope it wont mess up anything, as far as my 160 gb working on the system when it comes back.

Should I do a full system back up then? Then deactivate it?

js1

Back to top Go down

Post  StrandedBrit Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:00 pm

If you can't access the system now then it's all in Sonys ballpark. If they give you back the same machine, albeit with working parts, then slapping the 160GB in will give you back everything you had before. In which case you don't need to deactivate nothing because it still works fine. If they give you a different machine, you'll slap the 160 in and it'll reject it and format it (and time to call Sony, although if dragonmar gets sony to deactivate the account you won't have to and vice versa as it only needs to be done once). That's how you'll know.
StrandedBrit
StrandedBrit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  js1 Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:33 pm

I can access the system with the 160gb HDD that is currently in the PS3, but the sony rep told me to send the unit in with the 40gb HDD(which is broken). So should I do any type of back-up?

js1

Back to top Go down

Post  StrandedBrit Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:54 pm

I would put the 160 back in and deactivate all your accounts to be safe. Backing up is pointless as your 160 basically is a backup. Then put the 40 back in and ship off. When you get it back if you put the 160 and if it works (i.e. everything pops up just like you had it) then your golden, just reactivate the accounts and good as new. If you put the 160 in and it doesn't recognize it and says format, then you're screwed.
StrandedBrit
StrandedBrit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  js1 Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:50 am

I will then back up my saves, and other files then. Just in case they send me a new system. BTW, how long does it take before you get any type of email? The guy on the phone said it would be possibly 24 hrs before I receive the email will the info on what to do. It's been past 24 hrs and still nothing.

js1

Back to top Go down

Post  StrandedBrit Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:43 am

I got the email pretty soon, but don't worry they have a sheet in the box they send on what to do too.
StrandedBrit
StrandedBrit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  js1 Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:32 pm

Thanks. Also they guy on the phone did not say anything about charging me. Could I still be charged even though the guy on the phone did not say anything?

js1

Back to top Go down

Post  dragonmar1 Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:33 pm

js1 wrote:Thanks. Also they guy on the phone did not say anything about charging me. Could I still be charged even though the guy on the phone did not say anything?

Still waiting for my coffin Sad Sad Sad .
The form they send will request that you provide a proof of purchase/receipt. I think you may be able to argue since you're very closed to the 12 month period, but in general terms if your receipt shows that it's been longer than a year, they could still charge you. Of course, they need your credit card info, and if nobody asked you for that, then you may be on the safe side. Very Happy

dragonmar1

Back to top Go down

Post  js1 Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:42 pm

dragonmar1 wrote:
js1 wrote:Thanks. Also they guy on the phone did not say anything about charging me. Could I still be charged even though the guy on the phone did not say anything?

Still waiting for my coffin Sad Sad Sad .
The form they send will request that you provide a proof of purchase/receipt. I think you may be able to argue since you're very closed to the 12 month period, but in general terms if your receipt shows that it's been longer than a year, they could still charge you. Of course, they need your credit card info, and if nobody asked you for that, then you may be on the safe side. Very Happy

Thanks , that's good to know. Very Happy Let me know when you get your coffin.

js1

Back to top Go down

Post  StrandedBrit Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:44 pm

^ what he said.

If you provide proof of receipt and it's within 12 months your golden. If not they'll call you and say they won't repair without payment.
StrandedBrit
StrandedBrit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  js1 Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:16 pm

Well, it's been about 3 days later still no email. So I contacted them back, and this time they said it would be $150 which I don't have at the moment. So I will have to put this on the side until I can scrape up some extra cash.

js1

Back to top Go down

Post  dragonmar1 Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:25 pm

js1 wrote:Well, it's been about 3 days later still no email. So I contacted them back, and this time they said it would be $150 which I don't have at the moment. So I will have to put this on the side until I can scrape up some extra cash.

Sorry to hear that. Thought they may work with you, given the just slight over warranty period.

My coffin supposedly arrive today, but I never signed for it. I'm hoping the people downstairs took it by mistake. Otherwise, I'll have to call Sony again tomorrow for another box... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

*EDIT* Neighbors didn't have my box. UPS lost my coffin. No No No Another week of waiting just to get another box.

*EDIT #2 * Coffin finally arrived. Once again, I was home, but UPS refused to ring the bell Shocked Shocked . It was left in front of the door again.
Shipping back to Texas on Wednesday morning.

*EDIT #3* After one day in Sony's hand, they're shipping something back to me. The language in the email leads to believe I'm getting a refurbished unit. So, here I go with the headaches of getting my shared content replaced. silent

Last edited by dragonmar1 on Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:54 pm; edited 2 times in total

dragonmar1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next