CAG Gamesharing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Voting & discussion on games to purchase/General Discussion

5 posters

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

Voting & discussion on games to purchase/General Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Voting & discussion on games to purchase/General Discussion

Post  js1 Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:50 pm

I will add flower to our account in about an hour or so.

js1

Back to top Go down

Voting & discussion on games to purchase/General Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Voting & discussion on games to purchase/General Discussion

Post  Hostile Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:16 pm

I just finished the first flower and I'm enjoying the experience.

Hostile

Back to top Go down

Post  js1 Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:57 am

Hostile wrote:I just finished the first flower and I'm enjoying the experience.

Same here, I had a smile on my face almost the whole time. The combo of music and graphics are a really nice.

js1

Back to top Go down

Post  js1 Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:55 am

I ordered my laser this morning, 82.xx for the laser +overnight shipping. I hope to be up and running this weekend!

js1

Back to top Go down

Post  darabo Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:57 pm

Nice, I will download Flower right now.

What do you guys think about buying the Feb 09 edition of Qore ($2.99)?

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214386

"E-mail vouchers will be provided to annual subscribers. Single episode purchasers will also receive a Syphon Filter voucher via e-mail, provided that they purchase Qore Episode 09 on or before March 31."

$3 for the price of a $6 game, not bad I suppose.

What do you guys think?

darabo

Back to top Go down

Post  dragonmar1 Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:40 pm

darabo wrote:Nice, I will download Flower right now.

"E-mail vouchers will be provided to annual subscribers. Single episode purchasers will also receive a Syphon Filter voucher via e-mail, provided that they purchase Qore Episode 09 on or before March 31."

What do you guys think?

Will leave it up to Hostile, and js1. I have a custom firmware enabled psp, and have converted my entire ps1 library into playable format.

Btw, loving Flower so far, and I haven't gotten a single trophy yet. Very Happy I hated Linger in Shadows, but this definitely redeems that purchase.

Last edited by dragonmar1 on Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

dragonmar1

Back to top Go down

Post  js1 Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:01 pm

darabo wrote:Nice, I will download Flower right now.

What do you guys think?

I already picked it up for my personal account.

js1

Back to top Go down

Post  js1 Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:07 pm

Bad news for me, the laser I ordered has been delayed. I should get it sometime this week. The seller said they had a few bad lasers in the batch, so they sent them all back and are awaiting another order.

js1

Back to top Go down

Post  Hostile Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:10 pm

I hated Linger in Shadows too but I couldn't help myself from getting all the trophies.

I don't really want to play Syphon Filter so I'm a 'no' as well.

Hostile

Back to top Go down

Post  js1 Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:07 pm

My laser has shipped! It should be here tomorrow, which is also my B-Day! So that would be a nice gift to get my PS3 back.

js1

Back to top Go down

Post  darabo Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:08 pm

js1 wrote:My laser has shipped! It should be here tomorrow, which is also my B-Day! So that would be a nice gift to get my PS3 back.

Horray!

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful birthday.

darabo

Back to top Go down

Post  js1 Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:56 pm

Thanks! It was a good B-Day. The seller shipped the laser 3 day instead of overnight like I asked, but it WILL be her for sure tomorrow.

js1

Back to top Go down

Post  Hostile Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:21 pm

js1 wrote:Thanks! It was a good B-Day. The seller shipped the laser 3 day instead of overnight like I asked, but it WILL be her for sure tomorrow.

Glad you had a good time. I saw you posting in the SFIV topic on CAG so I see you have some games planned for when you get that laser installed.

Any interest in Noby Noby Boy? I really didn't have much interest in it but I've been hearing a lot of game journalists on Twitter saying they really love it so I wouldn't mind giving it a try. It's $5 and it's more like Flower than an actual game. Quick Look of Noby Noby Boy @ GiantBomb

Hostile

Back to top Go down

Post  js1 Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:15 am

I might be interested in noby noby.

Well a bit of disappointing news, I received my laser yesterday. It turns out it was a white clip which some believe is a high fail rate laser from china. I took my system apart guess what? The factory laser was a white clip. I figured that because mine was a white clip, I might as well try it. The "new" laser read a dvd, bluray movie fine. When I tried a ps3 game, it would still not read; it would spin a few times, stop and try again. After trying different disks for about and hour, I tried cleaning my old one, putting it back in and still did not work.

I asked the sell for an exchange for a "brown" clip.Which was pictured in the auction.

I'm getting to the point I'm not sure what to do. Because if I send it to sony who is to say they wont put in a similar laser,Sony only offers a 90 warranty on the repairs so I don't know if I should see if I can fix it myself and then sell the unit and buy a newer model which should have two lasers instead of one. Or just fix it and see what happens over time.

Sorry, for the long post had to rant!

js1

Back to top Go down

Post  Hostile Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:25 pm

Your whole saga just scares the crap out of me js1. I will continue to wish you luck because just hearing about it makes me pissed off at Sony.

Hostile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hostile Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:53 pm

dragonmar1 and darabo, any interest in Noby Noby Boy?

Hostile

Back to top Go down

Post  darabo Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:22 am

Hostile wrote:dragonmar1 and darabo, any interest in Noby Noby Boy?

Yea sure, for $5 why not?

My vote is Yes

darabo

Back to top Go down

Post  dragonmar1 Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:57 am

Sure, let's try it.

On a different subject, I know the SF IV costume packs are overpriced, but do you guys have any interest? I'd be willing to share the female packs with one or two of you, if there's no real interest (on a separate account). I have no interest in the 'brawlers costumes', since I don't use any of those characters to play.

dragonmar1

Back to top Go down

Post  Hostile Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:09 pm

I'm reading the CAG PSN Gamesharing thread and I believe we can't share with another person anymore. It seems it's five PS3 logins for each account and not five downloads per game.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174965&page=167

Hostile

Back to top Go down

Post  js1 Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:33 pm

Hostile wrote:I'm reading the CAG PSN Gamesharing thread and I believe we can't share with another person anymore. It seems it's five PS3 logins for each account and not five downloads per game.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174965&page=167

I'm confused, what does that mean for us? Does that mean that we can GS anymore?

js1

Back to top Go down

Post  dragonmar1 Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:22 pm

To me it just seems like a few folks are confused. Sony has changed nothing as far as I can tell, since our last Flower share went just fine.
I don't really think we should be paying attention to them, unless Sony changed something.

dragonmar1

Back to top Go down

Post  Hostile Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:23 pm

Since dragonmar1 has logged into our shared account with his new PS3 and couldn't deactivate his old one because Sony said 'no', I think all our slots are filled up. It just means no one else (another PS3 owner) should be allowed to download games from our group. Though we won't have definitive proof until another one of us couldn't deactivate a broken PS3 or if we tried to bring another person onboard.

Noby Noby Boy is a 'yes'.

I wouldn't mind getting the Street Fighter IV Femme Fatale Pack ($3.99) even though I don't own the game yet but I don't know about the others.

Hostile

Back to top Go down

Post  darabo Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:16 pm

Hostile wrote:Since dragonmar1 has logged into our shared account with his new PS3 and couldn't deactivate his old one because Sony said 'no', I think all our slots are filled up. It just means no one else (another PS3 owner) should be allowed to download games from our group. Though we won't have definitive proof until another one of us couldn't deactivate a broken PS3 or if we tried to bring another person onboard.

Noby Noby Boy is a 'yes'.

I wouldn't mind getting the Street Fighter IV Femme Fatale Pack ($3.99) even though I don't own the game yet but I don't know about the others.

The four of us are pretty tight compared to some of the other gamesharing groups I have seen.

I am going to have to say No on the SFIV Femme Fatale Pack, it is not that I do not own SFIV but the fact that you have to pay for costumes that should be in the game in the first place is pretty ridiculous.

darabo

Back to top Go down

Post  Hostile Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:10 pm

I know we usually wait for js1 but would it be okay if I start purchasing the items if he isn't available if we agree to buying something? Of course, I remember the rules, so I wouldn't go buying DLC for a retail game some of us don't own without consent from all, etc.

Hostile

Back to top Go down

Post  js1 Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:37 am

I am a yes for Noby Noby. Well, I had sent back my laser and have not heard back from the seller yet, I am actually contemplating getting a new 80gb system, that should have the dual laser setup and it should have the newer 65mm chips, so it should run cooler and user less power. I am having a hard time finding a decent seller of replacement lasers. I really don't want a similar model that is refurbed from sony.

I called GS yesterday and they said they do take broken systems and they only offered 85-90+the extra $25. Based on my searching on ebay, that's pretty close to what the units sell for on ebay. I might wait and see what happens as far as a price drop, I don't know. I really want to play killzone 2, which in hindsight I should have sold as soon as I had got it. I could trade in some of my games plus the system towards a new one @ GS. As much as I would hate to do that. That might be my main option.

If I get a new unit, I would have to back up everything and "deactivate" my old system and then "activate" the new one and that would allow me to access everything like how it was before?

js1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next