Game sharing - Discussion Thread

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Game sharing - Discussion Thread

Post  Dr. Strangepork on Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:44 pm

I think everyone put in that 2nd $10. There's a little more than $45 in the account now. That $45 will cover WOHD and Mega Man but not BO too. Although I have yet to see anything that confirms Mega Man and Burnout are shareable. I know it makes sense that Mega Man would be, but I have yet to see confirmation here or on CAG or in the PS forums.

I'll go ahead and DL Wipeout as it seemed to have universal approval. Hope that is ok. Better to beg forgiveness than ask permission sometimes.

Dr. Strangepork

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Strangepork on Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:52 pm

Downloading Wipeout now although it is going very slowly. I'll post here when complete.

Dr. Strangepork

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  aznguyen316 on Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:53 pm

thanks I'll get it going now too while I bang online.

aznguyen316

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Strangepork on Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:58 pm

Ok, I dl'ed it. It crapped out on me once at 85% so had to start over. Looks like it is ready to go. See you online.

I don't think I ever added some of you as friends. Look for my request soon (I'm ChizelMonkee on PSN)

Dr. Strangepork

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Strangepork on Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:02 pm

Some are reporting over on CAG that Burnout is sharable!!

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4902091#post4902091

Dr. Strangepork

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mwestep on Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:30 am

Sorry I haven't been able to keep up with the discussion lately. Yesterday totally kicked my ass, was at work until 5, then school until 9. I literally had next to no free time, and the little that I did have was dedicated to finishing off The Office Season 4.

So I guess Wipeout HD is downloaded, are we going to get Megaman 9 and/or Burnout Paradise as well?

mwestep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Strangepork on Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:43 am

Well, I'm not sure if everyone voted. I counted 2 votes for MM and one for BO but that was only from two people. Then people (including me) started ranking games but are those all "yes" votes?

I guess bottom line, if you want to be sure, it is hard to tell. No one seemed to be jumping up and down saying "no, no, no don't get that" but I never saw more than 1 or two votes for MM and BO. I think mine was the only "no" vote among the voting and that was on MM (which I'd gladly change to "yes" to get BO passed).

Here's what I propose:

1) Everyone put in another $10 into the pool. The account is at ~$25 right now. We'll need more funds now or shortly thereafter. And until more funds get in all we can really buy is Mega Man anyway.
2) Let's take a real vote tally for MM and BO. I can tally it if you want (just give me the go ahead mwestep as you're the de facto leader). I'll just make a new message on this page.
3) Once votes are in, we'll buy what we decide.

Sound good?

Dr. Strangepork

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mwestep on Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:21 am

Yeah, thats cool. I do not see that I have any authority over the group, I am just another contributer. Maybe we should just do a real tally vote whether you want burnout paradise and megaman or not.

Once a game hits 3/5 majority vote, anyone feel free to go ahead and download it. But I vote yes for both Megaman and Burnout.

Just keep in mind that Megaman is old school nintendo gaming. So it can be pretty rough.

I am in for putting another $10 in once I get home later on today.

mwestep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Strangepork on Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:46 am

Yeah, by starting the group you kinda of become in charge by default. And that is not a bad thing. I kind of feel the same way about the Madden league I'm "running" on CAG. I try to do my best to make sure everyone has a good time and has opponents to play, but I'm not there to set the rules, maybe just help the process when things come up.

Dr. Strangepork

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Vote Tally for Burnout and Mega Man 9

Post  Dr. Strangepork on Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:52 am

Please indicate your votes for or against Mega Man 9 and Burnout Paradise in the main thread. I'll update them here. Thanks!

Burnout Paradise (Approved)
Dr. StrangeporkYes
mwestep Yes
Kanik
aznguyen316Yes
happyYes
Mega Man 9
Dr. Strangepork No
mwestep Yes
Kanik
aznguyen316No
happy Yes

Last edited by Dr. Strangepork on Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:42 pm; edited 2 times in total

Dr. Strangepork

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mwestep on Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:05 am

Thanks for starting that Strangepork, it is crunch time at work for me right now (close to the end of the fiscal year), and really haven't had as much time as I would have liked to put in this group.

i will put in an extra $10 when I get home tonight.

mwestep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mwestep on Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:39 pm

Just put in $10

mwestep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  happy on Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:11 pm

Sorry guys I was away all day.

I'm yes for both Burnout and MM9. I'll put in another $10 either later tonight or tomorrow depending on when/if I get sick of watching the debate.

happy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  happy on Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:22 pm

Well my patience wore thin quickly so I added the money. Now I can try some wipeout Smile

happy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Strangepork on Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:21 pm

I added $10 too and since it had 3 yes votes went ahead and purchased Burnout. I can't imagine that MM won't get three votes too, but we'll see.

As of this writing total funds in wallet: ~$25 with two other still to put in.

Last edited by Dr. Strangepork on Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:19 am; edited 1 time in total

Dr. Strangepork

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanik on Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:08 am

Just added $10 to the account.

I'm a maybe right now for Megaman. Gonna play the demo later and will give my answer.

Kanik

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  aznguyen316 on Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:11 pm

wow that was fast are we adding $10 again? If so I'll need to add. This is 3rd time right? Trying to get things straight =) anyway

Burnout: yes
Megaman: No

not really into frustrating old games.. I can play that on my NES or SNES emulators hehe

edit. added my $10, now we're at $45.xx

aznguyen316

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Strangepork on Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:44 pm

Yeah, at $20 for Wipeout and $30 for Burnout that $50 is one round of contributions for all of us.

However, just based on a couple of days of playing I think these are our two best purchases by far!

Dr. Strangepork

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  aznguyen316 on Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:44 pm

wipeout is addicting. I'm trying to get gold on them but damn hard. Also those zone modes.. i can see where the epilepsy was concerned LOL trippy ass shit.

aznguyen316

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  happy on Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:44 pm

I believe tomorrow will add the super acrobatic cars game. I'll be away most of the day, but I'll say yes for that.

I'm kind of glad we didn't get mega man, I just tried the demo and I won't even play it enough to get past that stage (I used to beat Mega Man 1 and 2 back in the day too, I don't have the patience to try so hard anymore I guess)

happy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  aznguyen316 on Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:16 pm

Not familiar with the car game? But I'm gonna say no for now. A lot of games are coming out this month and I'd rather not get over zealous with random purchases when every dollar counts toward a new retail game. Burnout and WipEout have been great though!

aznguyen316

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Strangepork on Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:11 pm

I'm a no on the cars game too. Having too much fun with BO and WO to be made to think it would be worth it. THere's a pretty high bar now. . .

Dr. Strangepork

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mwestep on Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:50 pm

All these no games I say no to, unless they have demos that we can try, or are universally accepted as great games, with high scores.

mwestep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  happy on Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:46 pm

The car soccer game has a demo, it's alright, but I'm not convinced there will be people playing it in the future. If it seems like it has legs and the developers support it I may pick it up sometime down the road. I'm also a no on puzzle quest (I really have no idea what it is to be honest).

I'll say I'm a yes for Linger in Shadows only because it's like 50 cents if we share it and supposedly it's interesting.

Does anyone know anything about age of booty? supposedly it comes out this week.

happy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  aznguyen316 on Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:05 pm

'One-time fee for downloads to up to five PS3 systems that are associated with the purchasing account'.

apparently that's what it reads for SOCOM. If this is true, I am a YES for SOCOM. Isn't this what it read for Burnout? I hope it's true, still awaiting someone to test it.

aznguyen316

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top