Game sharing - Discussion Thread

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Game sharing - Discussion Thread

Post  aznguyen316 on Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:49 pm

yes at $20 is that is the US release cost, I hope it's shareable and I'd be in for i definately.

aznguyen316

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mwestep on Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:26 pm

I am ALL IN on Wipeout HD. Been waiting for it for a long, long, long time.

Had 2 more people over for jeopardy, only had 2 controllers, so I had to use the rock band controller. Needless to say, it ROCKED!

mwestep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  aznguyen316 on Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:57 pm

all this wipeout info is getting me pumped.

aznguyen316

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mwestep on Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:46 am

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/09/15/wipeout-hd-officially-dated-priced/

Your wipEout HD thirst will be quenched on September 25. Yes, that’s right, just 10 days from today. For just $19.99, wipEout HD will be available for download only and includes the following awesomeness:

* Full HD Visuals
* 5 Game Modes - Single Race, Tournament, Time Trial, Speed Lap and Zone Mode
* Online play that supports up to 8 racers competing on a track at a time
* 2-player split screen (horizontally and vertically) offline
* 8 reversible tracks and 12 teams
* Optional use of SIXAXIS motion controls to steer your ship
* A great soundtrack remixed in Dolby 5.1 AND the option for custom playlists that allow you to race to whatever playlists you have on your HDD
* And more, including Trophy support, which we’ll outline for you in a future post - so keep your eyes peeled.

mwestep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mwestep on Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:11 pm

So, I am guessing that Wipeout HD will be a go for thursday.

Other thing is Mega Man 9 should be coming out thursday as well for $10.

I am in for mega man, really digging the classic NES style/graphics

mwestep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanik on Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:00 am

Been waiting for Wipeout. Very Happy

Kanik

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  happy on Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:46 pm

I'm in for both Wipeout and MM9... I'm starting to build a PSN backlog...

happy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Strangepork on Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:11 pm

I'm a yes for Wipeout HD and Burnout. I'm a no for Mega Man. Wipeout and Burnout should be plenty. MM sounds like an also-ran to me. I also think if we were to do all three we'd have to add more funds. Let's prioritize!

Dr. Strangepork

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mwestep on Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:11 pm

Is uhh, burnout paradise coming out this week as well? if it is, we have a monster week ahead of us.. Mega Man 9, Wipeout HD, and Burnout Paradise.

Either way, I think for the most part everyone has voted for all this. If we are going to get everything, we will definately have to put in some extra money this week, lol. If we do get everything, $15 each sounds about good, it will give us some extra money for the next few months.

mwestep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Strangepork on Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:14 pm

Have we thought about spacing out these purchases at all? It isn't like these titles won't be on sale next week, next month, etc. I'm starting a serious PSN backlog too. Just an idea.

If we're dying to get MegaMan too, I can put in but I know some of our purchases like Elefunk and Eden have largely sat on my drive since we got 'em. Heck, I haven't even launched Ratchet and Clank. These may all be great games I just feel I don't have time to digest all of these.

Having said all that I'm totally stoked about about WO and BO so it is a weird potion to be in. In two months are you going to be glad we bought MegaMan? That's how long it has been since we bought Elefunk.

Am I alone on this? Not to cause any problems . . .

Dr. Strangepork

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  happy on Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:11 am

Well first we need to determine if burnout is shareable, there is a good chance it won't be. Concerning the backlog, mine is growing, have like 8 more spectra on eden, should finish R&C next time I sit down to play it (I've been working more on my disc backlog of SMT:Nocturne followed by Rogue Galaxy and Orange Box).

MM9 is the last on my priority list of these, so waiting a few days for the funds won't bother me, but I am excited about it, I played and beat every NES Mega Man back in the day and many of the Mega Man X games.

Either way, everyone adding $15 to the account is probably wise considering how many PSN games are coming soon.

happy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  happy on Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:30 am

Just to add, someone on CAG just posted the release dates/prices of the wii add-on content... which is crazy. If you all want to wait a month and see if they have a big MM9 pack that includes everything for $15 or so I'd be happy to wait. I'm also still happy to just get it now (and probably not get any add-on stuff).

Either way, I'm looking forward to my first wipeout experience this weekend Smile

happy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Strangepork on Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:49 pm

I'm starting to feel that at $20 and $30 Wipeout and Burnout both won't be sharable anyways.

Dr. Strangepork

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mwestep on Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:26 pm

With the amount of DLC coming this week, and we don't even know what is going on next week, maybe we should have some sort of priority system? Maybe something like with the 3 releases this week (that is assuming that all games have 3/5 majority vote), list them in your personal preference of what you want most, and the first game is 3 points, 2nd game, 2 points, last game 1 point. And we could buy the first and/or second game this week, and the third game a little later down the line when everyone is ready for it. This is just a suggestion that I am throwing out there.

As for mine:

1. Wipeout HD
2. Mega Man 9
3. Burnout Paradise

Part of me is thinking if we do want to get all 3, might as well go ahead and get them now, but I, too, have an extensive backlog that I want to get to. So what do you guys think?

mwestep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  happy on Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:25 pm

My order is 1. Wipeout 2. MM9 3. Burnout

I'm increasingly thinking that Burnout won't be shareable.

Geon is also supposedly coming out tomorrow. They have a short trailer thing up on ps3 fanboy. If it's $5 I may consider it, but probably a no for me.

happy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Strangepork on Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:19 pm

My order is :

1. Burnout
2. Wipeout HD
3. Mega Man

I've never heard of Geon. I'm very suspicious of games that show up unexpectedly ever since the Jeopardy surprise. Not a horrible, horrible game but surely fell short of expectations.

Dr. Strangepork

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mwestep on Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:05 pm

Yeah, I am not 100% sure if burnout will be sharable. But Siren was. We should give it a day or so wait and make sure it is before we take the plunge. I REALLY hope wipeout is, and even if it isnt ill still buy it on my own account. It is still worth $20.

What do you guys think about this voting thing? we don't have to do it, but it is still nice to get an idea of everyone's priority of all the games if we choose not to get a few of them.

I will also look into Geon, I haven't heard of it either.

After watching a quick preview of Geon on ps3fanboy, it is something I will pick up for 5 minutes, then quickly put down, never to look back at again.

mwestep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanik on Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:59 am

My order would have to be:

1. Wipeout HD
2. Mega Man 9
3. Burnout Paradise

But we should definitely make sure Wipeout and Burnout are shareable.

Kanik

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mwestep on Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:30 am

It is starting to look like we will be getting wipeout hd + megaman 9 this week, i am up for getting burnout this week as well, as long as we make sure everything is sharable.

I dont get off of work for another 4-5 hours, so i cant put money into the account until later today.

I am goin g to try to keep up with tabs and see if all the games are shareable, and if I find anything out, I will post it here.

mwestep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Strangepork on Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:10 pm

This is encouraging, Saw this up on CAG:

"Wipeout and Burnout are already up on the Euro store and the Terms of Service details only mention the standard "This purchase entitles you to 5 activations" line, unlike Warhawk and GT5:P where it makes it very clear that you can only activate them once in a 24 hour period and that they are tied to a single account."

Hopefully this will carry to the U.S. store too! I really, really want Burnout!

*warms up credit card to add funds*

Dr. Strangepork

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Strangepork on Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:36 pm

Just checked the store from my PSP. Wipeout clearly seems sharable "One time fee for downloads to up to five PS3 systems that associated with the purchasing account."

Burnout's entry doesn't seem to say anything either way but neither does Mega Man. Strange, although I haven't looked at these a lot. Somebody who knows what they are doing better check too.

Dr. Strangepork

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mwestep on Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:24 pm

Wipeout definately seems shareable

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3dlgames&thread.id=112003

trying to find out some info for burnout paradise.

mwestep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  aznguyen316 on Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:19 pm

so are we getting wipeout? I is down.

aznguyen316

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Strangepork on Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:30 pm

I was just on and noticed that we hadn't DL'ed Wipeout. Is there are reason we're waiting? Perhaps mwestep hasn't been on yet. I didn't want to setp on any toes and do it myself although I'm not sure if it matters.

Maybe we need to go back and start tabulating votes again and then when we have a clear decision, who ever is on first can DL. Although we never seemed to tabulate vote beyond that first time it was suggested.

Dr. Strangepork

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  aznguyen316 on Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:32 pm

I'm pretty sure it was a go, just haven't been on the ps3 to d/l stuff yet and didn't want to do it right away although I have d/l'ed first before. Is everyone even in putting in money? I put my 2nd $10 share in a week or so ago.

aznguyen316

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top